Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Not really OT...Camping

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Msblue, 23 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Msblue

Msblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    Some inspiration required please :)

My friend and I are taking our kids camping weather permitting this week - only a couple of nights. She is a 'can eat anything and not gain an ounce' girl (grrr) whereas I really want to try and stick to plan.
    Morrison's sausages are a must LOL but what else can I take - easy to make on a one burner hob with a small pan.

It's a space problem as well and keeping things cool, we usually freeze a couple of big water bottles and have them in a cool bag within a cool bag - that works quite well keeping things fresh :)

So, anyone come up with some meal ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flutterbyuk25

flutterbyuk25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    beans, jacket potatoes, pasta n sauce

x

4. Msblue

Msblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Jackets - we took some last time pre cooked and wrapped in foil, just shoved them on the side of the bbq - forgot about that! Cheers :)

5. GymClassHero

GymClassHero Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st13lb(41.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When i last went camping in April, i had a green day where i took 3 packs of mug shots and some tins of beans and tins of new potato's. I just boiled the kettle for my mug shots and threw my boiled spuds and beans in a pan together to heat them up. For breakfast that day i boiled some eggs in the kettle (!) and had them will soilders.

The day after i had a red day and just went to the local supermarket, bought a disposable BBQ and put some chicken breasts on there and had with a pre packed salad. Bought bacon and eggs for the day after and made an omlete for brekkie.

6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you doing red or green?

You could certainly do a load of red-day stuff on the bbq. Meat and veggie kebabs that kind of thing. On the hob, get making yourself a fry-up! Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, your morrisons sausages...scrummy.

On your hob, on a green day, tins of the chick pea dhal from asda are lush - really tasty and filling.

Tinned veggies could work, and use eggs and make a frittata type thingy...topped with cheese if you like. That would be a good meal for superfree foods, which I am all for!

Will keep thinking!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.