Not really OT...Camping

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Msblue, 23 May 2009 Social URL.

1. Msblue

Msblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi
    Some inspiration required please :)

My friend and I are taking our kids camping weather permitting this week - only a couple of nights. She is a 'can eat anything and not gain an ounce' girl (grrr) whereas I really want to try and stick to plan.
    Morrison's sausages are a must LOL but what else can I take - easy to make on a one burner hob with a small pan.

It's a space problem as well and keeping things cool, we usually freeze a couple of big water bottles and have them in a cool bag within a cool bag - that works quite well keeping things fresh :)

So, anyone come up with some meal ideas?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. flutterbyuk25

flutterbyuk25 Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(7.54%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    beans, jacket potatoes, pasta n sauce

x

4. Msblue

Msblue Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(24.88%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Jackets - we took some last time pre cooked and wrapped in foil, just shoved them on the side of the bbq - forgot about that! Cheers :)

5. GymClassHero

GymClassHero Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st13lb(41.42%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    When i last went camping in April, i had a green day where i took 3 packs of mug shots and some tins of beans and tins of new potato's. I just boiled the kettle for my mug shots and threw my boiled spuds and beans in a pan together to heat them up. For breakfast that day i boiled some eggs in the kettle (!) and had them will soilders.

The day after i had a red day and just went to the local supermarket, bought a disposable BBQ and put some chicken breasts on there and had with a pre packed salad. Bought bacon and eggs for the day after and made an omlete for brekkie.

6. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Are you doing red or green?

You could certainly do a load of red-day stuff on the bbq. Meat and veggie kebabs that kind of thing. On the hob, get making yourself a fry-up! Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, your morrisons sausages...scrummy.

On your hob, on a green day, tins of the chick pea dhal from asda are lush - really tasty and filling.

Tinned veggies could work, and use eggs and make a frittata type thingy...topped with cheese if you like. That would be a good meal for superfree foods, which I am all for!

Will keep thinking!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.