Not really sure what to think??

Petal01

Still Climbing That Hill!
I started CD 3 weeks ago, first week i lost 8lbs second week 3lbs and this week according to the scales nothing at all! I have done CD before so i know there is no way you can't lose weight on it but all the same it's really depressing and disheartening when the scales don't move especially when it's only my third week. In all that means i haven't even lost 1 stone in 3 weeks so it will be (fingers crossed) i stone in 4 weeks, i could lose the same amount on SW in a month! I know CD guidelines are 1 stone a month but i really was expecting my first stone off this week (last week as well!) if it's this slow now god only knows how slow it will if i stick with it.

I only started today, but did it briefly last year and it took me 4 weeks to lose a stone.

Keep with it, you never know you might have a really good loss next week to compensate. Good luck !!

Dont worry about it really it will come off, i have read many post on here and there are so many people who seem to have a bad 3rd weigh in, not sure why but they do, stick with it and you will see great results cd cannot fail if you are 100%. Good luck hun im sure week 4 will be much better.

I did CD 2 years ago and I lost over a stone (16lb) in 2 weeks. This time it took me 4 weeks to lose 15lb. Don't give up, it's got to come off eventually.

If its week 3 did you start having bars this week? They can really slow some people down. Remember to drink lots of extra water with bars and tetras too.
Maybe up your water intake? I am sure that the advised amount is too low; LL says 4l, and that works....

If its week 3 did you start having bars this week? They can really slow some people down. ,

I have had the bars from the start my CDC is very good that way, so it's not the bars :sigh:

Hi, I don't have any advise, just didn't want to read and run. Stick with it, the weight has to come off.

I am only on my 3rd week too- i only lost 1lb this monday (end of week 2) I knew i hadnt drank nowhere near enough, but although i hadnt lost weight as such, i have lost inches, so whilst i was a little disheartened to not lose much weight, i knew i had lost inches, so that wasnt too bad- could this be the same for you?

I started CD 3 weeks ago, first week i lost 8lbs second week 3lbs and this week according to the scales nothing at all! I have done CD before so i know there is no way you can't lose weight on it but all the same it's really depressing and disheartening when the scales don't move especially when it's only my third week. In all that means i haven't even lost 1 stone in 3 weeks so it will be (fingers crossed) i stone in 4 weeks, i could lose the same amount on SW in a month! I know CD guidelines are 1 stone a month but i really was expecting my first stone off this week (last week as well!) if it's this slow now god only knows how slow it will if i stick with it.

If you haven't cheated something must have come off somewhere :D

How are your inches? You might see a loss there

Without being cheeky, and this is a genuine question, you say you could lose a stone a month on SW, but decided to do CD, which also is a stone a month, but feel disappointed with a potential stone a month?

Again (really not being b!tcy) but why disappointed in meeting a stone a month?

I think you have done amazingly well so far and 11lbs in 3 weeks is not to be sniffed at! Its a tremendous amount of weight to be shot of. I know its frustrating when the scales stall, but as LunarJim says its about more than numbers, look at your inches. Look at the bigger picture and hang in there

Hang in there...try and give it another week or two 100% then re evaluate if you are still not getting the results you want (am sure things will have changed by then and you'll see some great losses!!)Best wishes

Without being cheeky, and this is a genuine question, you say you could lose a stone a month on SW, but decided to do CD, which also is a stone a month, but feel disappointed with a potential stone a month?

Again (really not being b!tcy) but why disappointed in meeting a stone a month?

I think you have done amazingly well so far and 11lbs in 3 weeks is not to be sniffed at! Its a tremendous amount of weight to be shot of. I know its frustrating when the scales stall, but as LunarJim says its about more than numbers, look at your inches. Look at the bigger picture and hang in

there

Hi Lexie

I really enjoy CD and never ever stick to SW long term just too much food on it for me aim an all or nothing person, im not disappointed as such at losing a stone a month on CD, if i could keep that up i would be more than happy, but and that's when the but comes in, i did hope i would lose my first stone in the first couple of weeks then it would level out at a stone a month, also im worried if it's going so slow just now will i even get to lose a stone a month :sigh::sigh: i hope i do.

Thanks everyone for your support and yes i think i have mabye lost inches i haven't measured myself but i do feel a difference in my trousers, just those dammed scales are letting me down!!!

Were you weighed at the same time of day?, remember a litre of water is 2.2lbs. Yo u weigh loads more at 7pm compared to 7am. Either way you'll catch up.

Were you weighed at the same time of day?, remember a litre of water is 2.2lbs. Yo u weigh loads more at 7pm compared to 7am. Either way you'll catch up.

Hi badger yes same time which makes it all the more dissheartning.

PS Ive just noticed how much you've lost well done!.

Last edited:
It's actually painfully common not to lose very much or worse still, stay the same on week 3. What tends to happen is that you'll get a much bigger loss on week 4 - if you can stick with it and don't lose heart!

It's summat to do with water. The body doesn't like having to deal with whopping changes in how much you weigh so it hangs on to water for as long as it can get away with, LOL. That's my theory anyway. :D

Hang in there. There's a good chance you'll lose more than a stone in 4 weeks.

And yes, you might be able to lose a stone on SW in the first month of doing that diet. But the wonder of CD (for most of us, anyway!) is that you'll lose a stone in the second month, and then the third...

That doesn't tend to happen on SW in my experience. :)

You're doing fab. Don't let the numbers rule your mindset on this one!

Hi badger yes same time which makes it all the more dissheartning.

PS Ive just noticed how much you've lost well done!.
Just dont be dissheartened by it, things will be changing that you cant see or measure and as you said your losing your trousers. :D

Ill always remember Mike (icemoose) staying the same for 5 days and then dropping 4lbs over night!!

Dont worry too much, the diet cant not work! iykwim!

Week 3 is bad for it, trick is to keep at it x

Well in that case please try to relax, the weight can't not come off on CD, and whilst you may have downs and sts , they won't last long and you will catch up with yourself.

Honestly, I promise. :hug99:

I did wonder about the validity of CD when I started, you know that "if somethings too good to be true it usually is?" well it seems to be CD is the one thing to break that rule.

Back