Not so newbie o_O

missjelly

Silver Member
Hello Minimin-ers :D

Ok, so I'm not exactly new, but I have taken a mahoosive break from your lovely selves.

So...re-intro time :D

I am...now 20, 21 at Christmas :D I started the year clocking in at 275lbs which makes me super sadfaced :(

On the 12th of Feb (after much piddling about on the hospital's part) I had a gastric band fitted, after a bajillion attempts at every diet under the sun.

And so ended my time on minimins :( tbh, when the WLS forum got shoved off into its own little secluded place I felt kinda shoved out - you have to actually SWITCH websites to get to this mini's forum....and the WLS site doesn't seem as active or all-encompassing as this (challenges, fitness, chat etc) - This makes me sad, so i left

But!!! I miss you...and your amazing encouraging words! So, pfft to WLS forum, I will pretend I'm on a 'normal' diet so I can come back and play :D

Since having my band, I've lost 45lbs and am now 230lbs :D admittedly my 'fat' brain is still dissappointed but heyho... I am currently aiming for 15st by uni start (11th oct) and 154lbs as my 'health' goal (It's the highest weight I can be to have a healthy BMI) then after that I would like to be around 136lbs (mid healthy BMI) but we'll see how I look when that time comes :p

Hope you'll have me :p

nice story , glad to see you came back , but also that your okay after your surgery :) are you finding life much different? xx

Wow! 190lbs??? OMG that's impressive :D

Hmm, apart from a corrective 2nd op to turn around a then-backwards port...it's been good.

Tbh, the only BIG thing that's been hard is portion size. My 'fat' brain still want's 3 portions while my 'band' brain know's it can only manage a half portion. I guess you know you're making progress when the 'band' brain wins more than the 'fat' brain does.

There are several foods I can't eat anymore but they were mostly the unhealthy things anyway so it's not really been an issue. So far it's things like sammiches, sticky rice (sushi style), over cooked red meat :D

I thought I'd find it really hard but 1) I've lost way more now than on any previous diet....diets which as soon as I stopped, the weight jumped on again which is SUPER motivating and 2) since the majority of my 'fat' menu is now off the cards, I've had to try a whole bunch of new foods...it's kinda exciting :p

Right now, I'm loving water crackers as a snack (35cals per biscuit and as their 'bread' they're super filling) and porridge/muesli for breakfast...and totally in love with my steamer too - I never realised just how easy it was to use O_O :p

hi and :welcome: back to the forums! Congrats on your very impressive weight loss so far!

Good luck on your continuing weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x

Hi missjelly and welcome back. Well done on losing your 45lbs, I know it can't have been easy.
I'm restarting too so we can keep and eye on each other.
This is such a supportive site full of great advice so is the best place to be .
Good luck x

I love this site! and love the challenges too...shame I'm always too late to notice them all :p

Oh and I've suddenly got my motivation back :D so here goes...

Hmm, how much would ya recommend making a diary on here? I find that I'm awful when it comes to remembering what I've eated/what exercise I've done =/ so it's easy to 1) eat too much and 2) not do enough..

I really want to be 15st by the time Uni starts... which is.. 210lbs :D by the 11th of October, that's 7 weeks to lose 23lbs o_O

That works out at just over 3lbs a week... which might sound alot, but I'm hoping to have a band fill in a week or so, and I'm totally obsessed with moving at the moment...like, every opportunity, I've been doing those silly 'fat' exercises :p - eg parking far away from the shops, taking the stairs, and my friend who is clearly a ninja in disguise has been dragging me on epic walks around our local nature reserves. Also, getting back in to gym/swim each day.

Back