Not-so Newbie Here

dont worry about it hun, we all go off track at one point, but your still within reason so just forget about it. x

Thanks hun, im just abit annoyed with myself because i really want to lose 3lb this week and think i may have blown it. i could have orderd a side salad... but who actually does that??! plus i didnt want my friend to know im on a diet... she definately doesnt think i am now lol!

but im just going to try and forget it and concentrate on being good for the rest of the week. i guess im still under maintenance cals so its not too bad.

xxx

The thing I love about calorie counting is that you can treat yourself & have the things you fancy b'coz its easy to rectify it... as long as your not doing it everyday it won't cause any harm & sometimes shaking it up a bit & fooling yr body that yr not sticking to 'A Certain' amount of calories a day actually helps shift the weight!!

Reckon you'll be suprised.... oh & well done for not thinking sod it & blowing it completely. xxx

Thanks hun. I'm just lucky my friend is pregnant, otherwise I'm sure it would have turned into a drinking fest too!

Ah well, I'll have a low cal tea tonight and then be really good until weigh day ;)

xxx

lol dont think i'd even look at the salad to be honest, you might even still get your 3lbs off you never no.

I'll keep my fingers crossed Tamzy :cross:

Ended up having cereal for dinner last night - no not brilliant but I'm technically still a student until i graduate next month so its allowed! hehe! im actually very very nervous about getting my results. I REALLY want a 2:1 but i think i may only be getting a 2:2 as my exams didnt go very well this year... and tbh i didnt put enough effort in. if i only get a 2:2 i will really kick myself as it will be my own fault for not studying enough! oh well, only a week or so left to wait and then i'll know for sure.

So today's menu:

Breakfast: Branflakes and skimmed milk (160)
Lunch: Salad made up of lettuce, cucumber, feta cheese and sweet chilli sauce (sounds weird but i needed to use up some of the fridge stuff and it was actually really tasty!!) (150 max)
Snack: 2 ryvitas (62) extra light laughing cow triangle (20)
Dinner: Baked potato (195) 1/2 tin beans (151)

Total: 738

I still havn't been shopping yet so I dont have anything snacky in (not even bananas - sob!) so I don't really know what to have extra to boost it up... maybe i'll have some chocolate milk or something later.... and some grated cheese ontop of my baked potato... mmmmmmmmmm..... i should probably get some more fruit and veg in though!

still not done any exercise, think il have to wait until i start my job (hopefully!) until i join a gym as i dont want to commit myself financially to something unless i know ive got a regular income.

Hoping the rest of the week goes well and to see the scales move on monday morning!

xxx

Kally - feta cheese is luuurrrvvely!!! and thanks NovaX, although im not too hopeful about a loss this week, but the job seems to be going through ok! Im really hoping once ive got into a routine i'll start going to the gym after work to help tone up.

swapped my ryvitas yesterday for some scrambled eggs, thought they would fill me up more because of all the protein, just did them in the microwave with loads of pepper. so yesterday my total was around 900 - lower than what I wanted, but I wasn't hungary and didn't have much else in!

Plan for today:
Breakfast: branflakes and skimmed milk (160)
Lunch: spiced bns, sweet potato and pumpkin soup (200) 2 ryvita (62)
Dinner: beef and red wine raviolli (405) napoletana sauce (89)

Total: 916

Hardly any fruit or veg there so will try and pick up some fruit whilst im out today, as not going to the supermarket until tomorrow. I think I've got some frozen berries in the freezer so I might have some of them too.

xxx

Well i stayed the same this week. its my own fault, wasn't being very strict during the week and then went to visit my parents at the weekend and ate everything i could get my hands on lol!!

Back on it today though and at least it wasnt a gain. hoping for any sort of loss this week, even if its only a pound!

Still havnt got a definate about that job, but should hear sometime this week because it starts on monday. its about a 35 minute walk there, and an hour walking for someone of my weight should burn around 200 calories, so at least it will give me abit of exercise.

feeling abit ill today so not planning on doing much apart from abit of housework. havnt got a menu planned out either so im just going to see how it goes, will update later.

have a good day!

xxx

Hey Hun, don't worry about STS, atleast it wasn't a gain! Plus if you know what you did wrong, you can work on it this week.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you with the job, lets hope that you hear something soon, it must be driving you mad.

Hope you have a good day today, and feel better soon.

Carol xx

Thanks Carol, I must admit im feeling abit down in the dumps at the mo, what with not having a definate answer on a job and waiting for my degree results to come out. that on top of not feeling very well yesterday meant i didnt have a great day. I just ate what I felt like.

yesterday's menu:
Breakfast: museli and skimmed milk (214)
Snack: cereal bar (85)
Lunch: Branflakes and skimmed milk (160)
Snack: cereal bar (85)
Dinner: 3 sausages (443) mash potato (195) flora (35)
Snack: Chocolate custard (?) chocolate (?)

so without the evening snacks that would have come to 1217, so yesterday would have been quite high.

feel really bad about eating so much... i wasnt even hungry, it was emotional eating because i felt down - the worse kind of eating!! plus there is no fruit or veg there at all!

going to try and do better today, but still not feeling great so im not feeling that focused at the moment so it might be another bad day :( maybe i should give myself the day off and then get back on it when i feel more motivated?

xxx

Aww hun, sorry to hear that you feel down. Don't be too harsh on yourself though, you could have done a lot worse yesterday!

I'm an emotional eater aswell, so I can totally sympathise! Just try to forget about yesterday, and focus on today, write a menu for the day, and that will help you stay focused.

Good Luck hun xx

well the diet hasnt been going so well recently, ive not been going crazy but i havnt been eating brilliantly. for example, yesterday i had bran flakes for breakfast, a protein shake for lunch, and fish, oven chips and peas for dinner. that would have been ok except for the bar and a half of chocolate i also ate. but at least i didnt go on a huge binge.

im waiting to find out my degree results today, so im feeling very stressed. no doubt i'll want to celebrate or commiserate later on! also, ive got a picnic tomorrow to go to which im sure will include lots of yummy food, soooo (and i know its the worse thing to do) but im going to give myself until monday off. just to sort my head out, get myself motivated again and then il be back to doing it properly. im not planning on going mad over the weekend so i cant see it being too much of a problem.

also, it seems i definately do have a job :) its just the start date that is the issue now. if the vetting is finished by end of day today then i can start on monday, if not it will be the following monday. either way at least i know ive definately got a job. i think having more of a structure will be good for me so hopefully that will help the diet too. also my work trousers are a little tight so it would be nice to slim down abit to be more comfortable in them lol!

anyway sorry for the ramble but i just thought id give an update!

hope everyone is getting on well! xxx

Thanks for the update, and I wish you lots of luck as you get your degree result. I've had a bit of an indulgent week - lunch out on Sunday, birthday cakes, friends over for supper, fish and chips! But, I had a sneaky weigh in this morning, and had not done any damage worth speaking about. Phew! So worry not. You're target weight is within reach, and I'm sure a few days off will be ok. Just remember how great you feel when you are losing, and look forward to getting back on track. Thinking of you today x

Thanks for your message Landie! Sounds like you've had a yummy week! Well done for not letting it affect your weight loss!

I thought I'd do what you did and see what the damage was... and I've lost a pound! It could well go back up again tomorrow but at least I don't feel guilty for overindulging now!

ooh... and did I mention.... I got a 2.1!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:happy036::wee:

I'm soooo relieved!!! :sigh2:

xxx

Thanks Irene and Landie!!

Went out for dinner last night with the OH to celebrate. Didn't go too overboard considering I was just going to let myself eat whatever I wanted! I had a cocktail at the bar first, I can't remember what it was called, it was a frozen one with peach and vodka I think - was very nice!! I skipped the starter and had cheeseburger and fries for main (yum yum) and then we shared some batterred shrimp with a jack daniels glaze (i think i had three). Skipped the pud and instead had a kir royale. All in all I think I did quite well considering so i'm not too worried. I didnt eat alot during the day either.

More good news for yesterday too - I start my new job on Monday. Very happy to now have a definite. Not happy to stop being a lazy student lol! But like I said a routine will help keep me on track and as long as I take healthy lunches into work with me then I think it will help the weight loss. Walking there and back will help too.

This has turned into a massive post! Off for a picnic today with a friend I havnt seen in ages so might not be great food but she is pretty health conscious so it shouldnt be too bad. will start counting again on monday.

Enjoy your weekend!

xxx

Back