Not sure cd is for me

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Sweetascandy, 10 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Sweetascandy

Sweetascandy Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.85%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    Well as some of you may have read I've been feeling poorly over the last couple of days and have since been dragged to the drs by my bf, my dr thinks it may have something to do with cd, and has advised me to stop :( so not sure what to do x

I will be strong and not give up

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sapphirestara

sapphirestara Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    What kind of poorly?

You need to make the decision for you. I know it kind of feels like everyone is telling you what to do and how to do it.

It take some time to get used to it and sorted. Did you speak to your councillor? You have still lost weight on it! I guess I'd weigh up the pros and cons.

I really hope you feel better soon lovely! <3

4. Illa

Illa Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(2.18%)
    Diet:
    Mostly raw vegan
    I understand your feelings you might decide that CD isn't for you and try another way. You need to find your own way to lose weight, but if you decide it's CD then you have to stick to it no matter what. Good luck on your decision.

5. lauren-1986

lauren-1986 Feeling Motivated

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(5.43%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sweetascandy,

It's up to you what you do, tbh, for the first couple of weeks that I first did cd, I felt like death warmed up, but mine was a combination of my body getting used to the diet & having to pass a mental barrier.

I got through it by staying positive & remembering why I decided to do the diet & also with a supply of painkillers! ( in case of headaches)

Maybe starting up a higher plan and moving your way down to SS or SS+ would be a better route for you? It may be slower weight loss at first but then your body won't have such a shock when you finally go down to SS...

Like I said at the beginning, it's up to you & there may be another diet more suitable for you right now for example SW or WW? But you need to do what makes you feel best

:)

6. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

You can also do a higher step of CD. 810 might be good for you, as you can have a small meal in the evening, or perhaps the 1000 plan? You will still lose weight steadily, and might feel a lot better with the extra food.

If you decide CD isn't for you, try keeping carbs low, as that will help reduce your cravings.

7. Sweetascandy

Sweetascandy Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(1.85%)
    Diet:
    cambridge diet
    I'm doing the 810 now and still feeling poorly x

I will be strong and not give up

8. *soon-to-be-slim*

*soon-to-be-slim* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(3.09%)
    Diet:
    weight watchers
    go on the step 3 1000 plan.... easy and so controlled still.... if you still feel poorly on that then maybe change..... you shouldnt do as its only a low calorie diet and is not ketosis inducing :)

9. sapphirestara

sapphirestara Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(13.98%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers
    Im really baffled about what could be making you poorly!! Maybe its just not for everyone. Whats happening? xx

10. This time its forever

This time its forever Full Member

Start Weight:
    136kg
    Current Weight:
    69kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    67kg(49.27%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Sweetascandy, what a shame you are still not feeling well.

What do you feel, Im also on 810 and have had no side effects, not even one headache. The only thing that I had for the first 2-3 days was this awful cramp feeling everytime I moved all over my body.

The diet has all the vitamins and minerals we need.

Be strong!

11. annamay

annamay Member

Start Weight:
    13st0lb
    Diet:
    calorie counting
    Have you thought that it may not be the diet that is making you poorly? Rethink why you started this diet and the reasons you want to be slim and healthy. No-one is forcing you and if you feel that this isnt the one for you then try something else as others have suggested. It is a tough diet if you are giving up food - be kind to yourself :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.