Not sure what to do...

little0ne

Hi everyone,

Having a crappy time of it this week after almost 7 successful weeks TFR. For some reason i've started obsessing about starting to eat again, having massive cravings, and twice this week i've had an extra serving of Lipotrim to try and stave my cravings...which only resulted in me being annoyed with myself!

I'm at 8st 10 (27lbs gone!), my goal being 8st, so i'm not far off. I think the thought that i'm almost at goal has affected the way i'm thinking, as i know it's not long until I can eat again, hence the sudden obsession with what i'm going to eat when I do start eating again.

My original plan was to do another 2/3 weeks TFR to goal, but i'm feeling so fed up with it, I'm contemplating doing another 5 days and on to refeed (5 days reason being because I'd have enough shakes to do refeed without buying anymore). And then lose the rest through healthy eating and lots of exercise.

I've found with LT i've been limited with what I can do exercise wise as I get quite light headed with it, so i'm really looking forward to getting back to the gym 3 or 4 times a week.

My dilemna is, do I stop in 5 days and refeed with just over half a stone to lose myself (also worried about gaining in refeed), OR do I continue LT and just crack on for the next two/three weeks even though it's completely doing my head in!? Weight loss over sanity I suppose!...God I sound so melodramatic!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks all x

Also, does anyone know if my 2 extra servings this week will affect my losses much? I'll be doubley annoyed with myself if it does!!

little0ne said:
Hi everyone,

Having a crappy time of it this week after almost 7 successful weeks TFR. For some reason i've started obsessing about starting to eat again, having massive cravings, and twice this week i've had an extra serving of Lipotrim to try and stave my cravings...which only resulted in me being annoyed with myself!

I'm at 8st 10 (27lbs gone!), my goal being 8st, so i'm not far off. I think the thought that i'm almost at goal has affected the way i'm thinking, as i know it's not long until I can eat again, hence the sudden obsession with what i'm going to eat when I do start eating again.

My original plan was to do another 2/3 weeks TFR to goal, but i'm feeling so fed up with it, I'm contemplating doing another 5 days and on to refeed (5 days reason being because I'd have enough shakes to do refeed without buying anymore). And then lose the rest through healthy eating and lots of exercise.

I've found with LT i've been limited with what I can do exercise wise as I get quite light headed with it, so i'm really looking forward to getting back to the gym 3 or 4 times a week.

My dilemna is, do I stop in 5 days and refeed with just over half a stone to lose myself (also worried about gaining in refeed), OR do I continue LT and just crack on for the next two/three weeks even though it's completely doing my head in!? Weight loss over sanity I suppose!...God I sound so melodramatic!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks all x

I'm having the same dilemma - I'm planning on having 2 shakes and a meal in the evening like chicken and veg (I want to do this for a couple of weeks before eating the carbs on the refeed) but I don't know when to start this plan - I'm about 12lb from goal (I think my WI is tomorrow)

Sorry I've not helped u at all - I'm just in the same boat! Lol

Hi Foo Fan,

It's so hard to make a decision isn't it!? Let me know what you decidde to do and how you get on...Well done on your losses so far!

little0ne said:
Hi Foo Fan,

It's so hard to make a decision isn't it!? Let me know what you decidde to do and how you get on...Well done on your losses so far!

Thanks - I think I'm going to do the refeed for a week cos I'm going to be drinking next Friday.. Then I'll do another week of 100% to get me back in ketosis and see how I feel then...

Well done on getting into the 8's :)
My goal is 8st 12 - can't ever remember being 8 stone something!

I think I was about 15! Good luck on the reaching your target. I can't wait for a drink! Have fun :)

Congratulations to you both on your weight losses and good luck with the re-feed x

Thanks both... I'm really confused I don't know if I want to start re-feed yet just foe one night out :(
But really have to go on this night out to make things right with my OH

I can so sympathise....I was supposed to start refeed in mid-November in preparation for my op on 2nd December....I had a weekend away first weekend of November and only had protein and salad for supper on three nights and stuck to tfr products for the other meals. Foo I had a couple of glasses of wine too without any side effects, but only a couple!

I really wanted to stay 100% until I got to goal but couldn't. I was in so much pain that I had to take extra strength meds and they spaced me out so much and I had to have food with them so I ate scrambled eggs nearly every night before my 'official' refeed and carried on losing weight. I had absolutely no carbs whatsoever though, just eggs.

I'm pretty fit and well now and have carried on losing but only about 2 lbs a month but I feel so brilliant. Yes I would like to lose a few more lbs and I think that I probably will but at this much slower pace. It is frustrating though and I do wish that I'd had time to get to goal on LT but I started it too late.....

I can totally understand how fed up you are, not just bored with the diet but also bored with the limited social life. Foo, my OH, though very supportive initially, was quite difficult in the last few weeks and even threatened to cancel our weekend away if I wasn't going to at least eat suppers!

You must do whatever is best for you but in any event take it slow and for god's sake don't pig out just cos you think you can......you can't!

Good luck, you think tfr is hard? Try maintaining, that's much harder! Oh and come and join us on the maintenance forum, I couldn't do it without them!

In answer to your question, no the extra daily shake won't make a difference, and its something I do regularly to avoid cheating when I'm ravenous.

Re sticking with it or refeed that's a personal choices but if it were me I'd do the extra few weeks and be done with *dieting* for good then switch to healthy eating. Just seems quicker and less hassle.

I hear yee ladies, ive one more week till refeed & im 23lbs from goal, dont think its possible to loose this in one week even on lipotrim lol, im coming off because im going on hols on the 12th, but really nervous about it, like sandra said, i probably will stay away from carbs, but my bday is the 12th so i may have dessert that day,,im joining w.w. the minute i come back and i have ordered the GL diet book that was recommended on here, so hoping to get to goal before i'm bridesmaid in july, aiming for 4lbs a month,,fingers x'd

Trose1203 said:
I hear yee ladies, ive one more week till refeed & im 23lbs from goal, dont think its possible to loose this in one week even on lipotrim lol, im coming off because im going on hols on the 12th, but really nervous about it, like sandra said, i probably will stay away from carbs, but my bday is the 12th so i may have dessert that day,,im joining w.w. the minute i come back and i have ordered the GL diet book that was recommended on here, so hoping to get to goal before i'm bridesmaid in july, aiming for 4lbs a month,,fingers x'd

My GL book came this morning, I only ordered the other day from Amazon (£2.81), I'm going to read it over the next couple of weeks. How long have u been on tfr Trose? X

Hey yeye, 5 weeks during the summer & 18 weeks at the mo, with a two week break for christmas, where i ate so much chocolate i should have shares in cadburys,,,the weird thing is now i dont crave anything to be honest, so hopefully i can keep my appetit in check after refeed

Well done u! Funny I crave healthy things?

Yeye, what is the book called? x

Hi guys,

Thanks for your comments - just to update you all I did start the refeed today but I'm happy with the amount of food on day 1 - so Im going to continue to have 2 shakes and an evening meal all week.

I'm going to have carbs (like stated on day 3 of refeed) on Wednesday and Thursday so I'm out of ketosis on Friday to have a drink. Then I'm either going to continue with the day one of the re-feed for a couple of week or go back to 3 shakes (see how I feel at the time) I should still hopefull get back into ketosis on the day 1 plan.

I now only have 12lbs to go and hopefully the evening meal will help after the gym as I want to get into the routine now ready to maintain.
I am very proud of my self for staying 100% for 23 days... And think this time Ive cracked it (i.e. eating habbits)

Thanks again for all your support x

We'll done on doing so well. You can knock off those 12 lbs if you stick with your plan as it sounds good. You are exercising as well which is fab. remember maintaining your weight is a lifetime habit so you have to get into the mindset that you are not on a diet but rather living a healthy lifestyle. Lots of luck.

Thank you x

What's GL? Sorry, but not customed with the British abbreviations ... x

Back