Not sure where this should go, but I', so upset!!

rachel31

I've been on Slimming world for a while now, although I have just rejoined this site as I forgot my log in!

I joined the gym last week as I wanted to speed up my losses, and also tone (so far I have only had my induction, I'm back tomorrow)
I also swam once last week.
I have been 100 % on plan, with 5 syns per day.
Weigh in was this morning...I usually lose 2lb per week, some weeks 2.5lbs, and every Friday go to KFC :/ This week there were no takeaways, added exercise, and I lost 1lb :(
I honestly don't understand, I feel like burying my face in a giant chocolate cake!!

When i was with SW last year I had many weeks where I knew I had been 100% on plan and either STS or only lost 1lb. I know it is disheartening but you really need to refocus and keep going. If you were to only lose a 1lb every week that's 52lb in a year. Every loss no matter how small is a massive achievement and you need to congratulate yourself on that, not knock yourself down because it was not a huge loss. I myself will be very pleased with a 1lb loss each week as I know in my heart that it means I am doing the right thing and the scales are going down and not up x x x
We can do this with the right motivation and support x x

Dont give up on yourself. A healthy loss is 1-2lbs a week I know some that would be glad of that 1lb per week. So well done for the loss this week.

Maybe your body needs a change, if you have been doing SW for a while, mix things up a little, have something different for your HEX's. Try a new food once a week or a new recipe. Keep up the good work it will pay off

Well done on your loss and at the end of the day a loss is a loss you would have been even more upset if u had gained a pound.
I started drinking green tea this week it's disgusting but helped with my weight loss normally loose a pound& half each week but lost 2 this week maybe give that a go as its meant to speed your metabolism up x
Keep going huni and don't give up x

1 week of gym will not have built up enough muscle to increase your weight, but any additional exercise does impact on how your body reacts. It can encourage it to hold onto fat, but more likely fluid. The good news is that it should all come good in the end so I'm not suggesting stopping exercise. Make sure your calories are in the right region (not too high or too low) and increase exercise gradually and your weight loss will increase. If you do over time build up more muscle your weight loss may go down a bit but your fat loss will increase drastically so it is definitely worth going for. Take care, it will all work out - just stick at it :).

1 week of gym will not have built up enough muscle to increase your weight, but any additional exercise does impact on how your body reacts. It can encourage it to hold onto fat, but more likely fluid. The good news is that it should all come good in the end so I'm not suggesting stopping exercise. Make sure your calories are in the right region (not too high or too low) and increase exercise gradually and your weight loss will increase. If you do over time build up more muscle your weight loss may go down a bit but your fat loss will increase drastically so it is definitely worth going for. Take care, it will all work out - just stick at it :).

Thanks for this lass321 as I am a regular exerciser who has had disappointment on the scales in the past and often wondered whether it was because of inflammation of the muscles / water retention brought on by physical activity. We become obsessed by a number on the scales but surely most people would prefer to fit into their jeans nicely!

We become obsessed by a number on the scales but surely most people would prefer to fit into their jeans nicely!

You are absolutely right. It's hard not to be when we are having to keep diet and weight in the forefront of our mind and it's a nice easy way to measure success, however probably not the best way :)

The week befor last I stuck to plan and allowed myself 5-6 syns a day went ony 3 big walks with my terrier and lost 2.5 lbs was pleased but thought I may have been more as I have a lot to loose and only my second week. Last week stick to plan but upped my syns to 12-15 a day still did my walks and lost 5.5 lbs. don't know if was having more syns or not but decided to think that my body is seriously changing and going to look at the over all picture rather than the weekly lose. Hope this helps x

You definitely need to give the exercise regime a bit more time to kick in, I had one of my lowest loss weeks after a week of exercise :( stick with it and I'm sure it will start to kick in ;)

Back