Not sure which is best for me ww/sw

Hi everyone ive joined ww, just the online service for now so i can see how the diet works, 31 points a day and ive planned my meals for this week, going to have a look at recipes as id love to make some healtier home cooked meals and fresh soups so sad a parsnip is 2 points though. Im expecting to possibly gain this week due to coming off a vlcd but hopefully following weeks i will start to get results. Hubby is picking up some muchly needed kitchen scales and a measuring jug for me and next week will hopefully be better planned as this week i have to work in the food i allready have but i havent gone over the points at all so thats good. Trying to force myself to drink more water as i know from doing the vlcd it curbs hunger pangs.

Hey, please dont feel like that:( we all have the same common goal - to lose weight and feel better about ourselves x

I have done slimming world previously and I've just started weight watchers. Have a browse on the websites and download a trial plan for each and see what suits?

I have to say though that weight watchers is good for me as I have a tendency to over eat and it's helped me with portion control and your stomach gets used to it by the second week :)

This place is great for support x jump on board and make some new friends x x

Very best of luck with your journey and welcome x

Nikki x

Congrats on joining the fold mrsg x if you have monthly pass you can turn up to as many meets as you like in a week but you only get weighed once:) which is great for when you're getting to know the plan. Take your temporary pass with you and show it at the meeting. If you have an iPhone get the ww ap, it's amazing you have a points calculator and recipe finder etc x

Very best of luck
X

As the free foods were unlimited it also became costly. A weekly shop would be gone in no time, my husband would complain constantly about it and as we had two children to feed also it was becoming ridiculous, LOL!

There has been lots of excellent advice here already but i just felt I had to add that food shopping on SW does not need to be really expensive

It really it down to the individuals cooking and shopping habits and the plan can be as inexpensive as you need it to be

I know one person who feeds a family of 5 adults on £70 per week but someone else who says it costs them £120 for 2 - so it really is down to basic household management :)

Having done both diets this is pros and cons of each in the eyes of Josiecat!! :D

WW

Pros
  • Complete flexibility on how you use your points​
  • Point free foods e.g fruits​
  • Lots of convenience food available e.g WW readymeals, yoghurts, desserts, soups and sarnies (all with points listed!)​
  • Teaches you to think about portion size and not overeat​
Cons
  • Points run out and you're still hungry​
  • Easy to use your points unwisely​
  • Doesn't necessarily educate you to eat the right things​
  • Can make you obsessive about food (or it did me!)​
SW

Pros

• A large range of 'free foods' so you never go hungry
  • Healthy extras and syns to give you extra flexibility and allow you treats​
  • Teaches you to make meals from scratch and avoid processed/ready made food​
  • Not really much weighing or measuring apart from for syns​
  • Can take the obsession with food away, as you know that there is always food available if you want it.​
Cons
  • Does not educate you about portion size​
  • You don't have complete flexibility with your food, e.g. your syns may only allow you 1 choccy bar a day, on WW you could have more if you wanted.​
I lost 7 pounds in two weeks on WW but got sick of the weighing, recording of points etc and would end up using my points badly as I have a sweet tooth and would then be hungry and overeat.

On SW I have been encouraged to eat proper meals using my free foods etc and this has filled me up and took away my urge to snack. It has also stopped me thinking about food all the time. But that's just me!! My friend has just gone down to a size 8 at WW really quickly and is now a leader of her local group, she couldn't get on with SW. So goes to show we are all different, from reading this forum I thought WW was best for me and then tried SW and am finding it easier.
If one doesn't work, it's no hassle to move to the other. Good luck!​

I tried Slimming World. Was hopeless at it. Portion control was appauling and because I was fussy I could only really eat a few foods on either day, which made me rebel and go off the rails.

Weight watchers is great because I can still have my supposedly unhealthy stuff, and incorporate it with other, healthier food to add variety and still lose weight.

For me, WW every time. But everyone's different. :)
x

Back