not the diet for me?

kelster

Hello again, i feel like i just keep doing new posts but i need a little help with one. I have made a decision that i want to do this diet but i don't like milk or milkshakes ( i can have milk in cereal but not on its own ),i have e-mailed 2 consultants in my area and one has got back to me who is approx a 30min drive from me but she was very informative and explained that if i don't like milk that she does have, soups, porridge and bars in different flavours and seems very willing to help me, however the other consultant i e-mailed only replied with 2 lines and said if i don't like milk then its not the programme for me? but she only lives about 5mins from me and would have been easier to get to, now i don't know what to think, could i get thru this without the shakes? i am willing to try the shakes tho........any advice? i didn't really want to travel half an hour every week to get weighed and need a weekly weigh in to stop me cheating,but i don't like the sound of that other consultant, don't know what to do?

I should contact the nearest one, telling her what the other one said, and saying you'd prefer her because she's nearer. If you emphasise that you'd like to give it a try, if she's got any sense she should be be encouraging you to give it a go?! Even if you only lived on soups and bars, it would still work - if you really couldn't stomach the shakes and porridge.

If you don't ask, you don't get - and it might just work out? :)

Hey
I would say once you try the shakes you might like them. especially the sachets they dont taste milky in my opinion.
I only have shakes, bars and mix a mousse.. I dont have soups or porridge so i guess its the same as not having the shakes.

I would also contact the one nearest to you and dont mention that you rang previously.

Good luck x

You could have the tetra's hot?

The porridge is yummy I think and the bars are also good. I too hate milk but love the soy shakes very much they are yummy. I have a vanilla and a equal sachet in mine. I'm okay with the soups but not a huge fan of the flavour's.

I agree email the closest one again and tell her what the other said. You could always try her and if you like the program but not the CDC take the risk and drive 30 mins. Remember you did say that you wanted to try the diet and you obviously are serious enough about weight loss to have come to this decision.

Best of luck hun.

Bren
x

Can i just add too before i started this diet i was the fussiest eater you have ever meet! Seriously i am a nightmare.

I dont like any veg, dont like milk havent since i was a child etc. etc.

BUT i love the banana and chocolate shakes!!?!!? I got the porridge and soups and did not like any of them! But i sooooo look forward to my banana shake for breakfast and chocolate shake for tea. Maybe its because its made with water and i dont associate it with milk i dont know but i would advise trying a couple of the shakes before riting (sp!) them off for definate as i dont know where i would be without mine now. Your tastes change so much when you start the diet and i am so hoping that going thro the various different processes mentally that you do with this diet that i will be eating a full range of veg when i maintain.

tetras are so nice, choc shake not too bad, i only have 2 varieties and have done for 12 weeks i see these a fuel not a food suppliment, ketosis stops you feeling hungry just keep glugging the water. If you dont try this you'll never know if its for you or not, you are clearly giving this too much thought i think, dont worry about anything just get started and see what you think - Give closest one a call and arrange to meet then take it from there its hard to judge someone from a short email. Good luck

I don't like soups or porridge so have basically been doing the diet on just the milkshakes and bars. Definately worth a go even if you can only have half the products on offer, as long as you some of them it's definately worth a go.

Hello, did you know that you make the shakes up with water, not milk? They do still taste like milkshakes but maybe knowing that they are made with water will help?

I really love the soups and bars, however the only two shakes that I have are chocolate (which I have hot, like a hot chocolate) and chocolate mint which I have icy cold.

I say give them a try :)

Yeah definatly, I don't even think of them as milkshakes and love the chocolate. I also don't drink milk and they def don't taste milky to me.

That closer CDC sounds very unfriendly. My girl is amazing, so encouraging and always willing to help or adapt if needs be. It's important to have a good relationship with your CD but for convenience you could use the CDC 5 mins away and use us on here for support :0) Good luck, hope you get a nice email back from her. x

I detest milk and anything that has milk in it but i have lost over 2 stone on lipotrim and have just changed to cambridge,The 1st time i tried the shakes i had to hold my nose and i was gagging but honestly you get used to them and they really are not that bad,on lipotrim i lived on choc shake 3 times a day cause i couldnt stomach anything else.if i can drink them anyone can,Truly! give it a go xx

I'm a stroppy tart so i personally would say sod it to the unfriendly CDC and start with the other one. I know it's a bit further to go but this is such a life changing thing you really need someone who will be 100% behind you and someone you feel you can relate to. <hides behind sofa> xxxx

And of course, you know you will get tons and tons of support from us don't you :) xx

to be honest, given the amount of support needed throughout this diet and the amount my cdc helps me i would go for the one that gave a sh*te about your questions and encouraged you from the get go. i have a fabulous cdc but when people don't it really shows in their posts.

get in touch with the one that will help you achieve your goals. if your cdc just chucks the product at you and is only in it for the money it reduces your chances of success.

oh. i don't particularly like milk either and only ever have it in tea and the odd coffee when not on cd, but i like the shakes :)

abz xx

Sticking my oar in too... I live in the middle of nowhere have to drive 30 mins just to get to a supermarket honey... don't let that daunt you. That 30 mins drive is gonna be so worth it if you have a supportive CDC at the end of it. And I don't like milk either - never drink it straight or even on cereal. And I loved the shakes! Try them. And good luck!

xxx

Hello again, i feel like i just keep doing new posts but i need a little help with one. I have made a decision that i want to do this diet but i don't like milk or milkshakes ( i can have milk in cereal but not on its own ),i have e-mailed 2 consultants in my area and one has got back to me who is approx a 30min drive from me but she was very informative and explained that if i don't like milk that she does have, soups, porridge and bars in different flavours and seems very willing to help me, however the other consultant i e-mailed only replied with 2 lines and said if i don't like milk then its not the programme for me? but she only lives about 5mins from me and would have been easier to get to, now i don't know what to think, could i get thru this without the shakes? i am willing to try the shakes tho........any advice? i didn't really want to travel half an hour every week to get weighed and need a weekly weigh in to stop me cheating,but i don't like the sound of that other consultant, don't know what to do?

Hi kelster

I too can't stand milk, but i actually don't mind the shakes just think that they are made with water and i seems to work for me.... not sure if it's because i am so determined i am going to do or not haha... you could always try it.. give it a go .........Good luck Hun xx

try to talk to the cdc in person also as sometimes it is difficult for some to do emails etc....she may be differnet in person and may also get lots of emails the same .......i drink the choc mint and the choc orange shakes hot....as i am not keen on milkshake either ..but als o the vanilla is like ice cream to me which i love

Looking at it from the another angle. I love milk, I used to drink pints of it., but trust me the shakes taste nothing like milk:eatdrink017::)

But they still taste good

Last edited:
You love Mike? <grins> xx

Back