Extra Easy Not to be fat at 30

Hi

Seems there's a few of us shedding before our 30th - I really don't want to be 30 but I even less want be 30 and fat!
Started dieting on original days in January 2012 since then I have lost two approx stone, am hoping to get roughly another one and a half off before my birthday in mid may.
Really I should be at target now had I been 100% strict but I had plenty of nights out holidays and calming trips which meant I have taken the scenic route. This seems to have helped me though (the slow and steady losses) as this is the first time I have lost weight and kept it off
Fingers crossed for target in May, good luck!

Well amazingly I have lost 1lb this week which is rubbish for week one but I have been terrible this weekend-had a bottle of wine each night consumed lots of bread and had takeaway with my family last night boo! So really im lucky not to have gained anything! Back on it today with gusto aghhhhh! Hope you guys made it through the weekend with more success than me:) x x x

Hiya Sam,

Well done with your week so far - the wii fit is a good thing to have around especially in winter! I went for a 2 hour walk today with my poor child wrapped up in the pram- he was well narky by the time we got back (it had started snowing by this point) felt good though! Did a half hour spinning class too! And foodwise not going badly either! Despite this I have a house party on sat night and it may all go pear shaped then when I have a few drinks haha! Currently trying to resist the bottle of wine nice a chilled in the fridge! Aghhh! Do you find weekends hard as well? X

Hi i hope you had a fab house party and managed to control the urge to drink all within reach lol don't know if i could. i did really well the beginning of the week and weighed myself at home on thursday and i had lost about 2lbs so rather chuffed with myself i ate alot over the weekend and we always have friends over so the takeaway was bad. moral of the story is yes i find the weekends hard and to throw away my scales at home as i weighed in today and didnt loose any weight just stayed the same :sigh:

Hey girls, glad to hear you are both managing. I'm struggling to be honest. This week hasn't been good. My meals have been good and all free but my snacks have been shocking. I would say tiredness has a lit to do with it. I have had early starts all week and I am shattered now.
Can't say I'm looking forward to the weekend food wise either! Mind you I will have a beady eye watching me, he is good at keeping me in check, much to my disgust at times! Ha!
Pretty certain my 3.5 lb loss will be back on. God it's so frustrating that I can't stick to anything longer than a week!!
keep up the hard work they say it takes 12 weeks for something to become a habit so just keep trying and hopefully soon it will just all become habit. thin people seem to haver this healthy eating thing down to a tea ;)

Hi All,

I am in a similar boat as I want to be a healthy weigt by the time I turn 30 and like you Samantha I was always slim when young but then at 17 I started to work full time and spent all my week on my bum behind a desk! I almost feel I have lost my 20's to being overweight and don't want that to continue any longer

I have struggled to stick to plan as everytime I get there something comes up (family deaths, redundancy, new job etc) so I have had losses, gains and STS's in my first 6 months but by the end of January I intend to be back 100% and at target before I turn 30

Hi well you have already lost a stone and thats fantastic!! imagine if you hadn't have joined slimming world you may have been hevier than when you started. i know it's the same old thing but if you stick to plan you WILL loose weight. i know when i lost weight before there was no better feeling than visiting family away who hadn't seen me for a year and the look on their faces and the congratulations i got from them all about my weight loss. i want that feeling again. you will get there, the road maybe bumpy with ups and downs but its worth it.

Hello all,

I too am 30 in April or the countdown to death as I call it. I wish I could get a one way ticket to Neverland and not grow up! 30 sounds old and I don't feel it!

Anyway, I didn't want to look back at photos at my 30th and be horrified at the size of me! So I joined SW in October last year and within 13 weeks I've lost 2st 1lb! Very happy indeed! I'd still love to lose another stone by April, hopefully a little bit more.

I think this is a fab post, so many people in the same boat. Well done to all with all your weigh losses.

Hannah x

WOW congratulations on your 2st 1lb!!!! im sure you will reach your goal no problems :D

Hey girls, glad to hear you are both managing. I'm struggling to be honest. This week hasn't been good. My meals have been good and all free but my snacks have been shocking. I would say tiredness has a lit to do with it. I have had early starts all week and I am shattered now.
Can't say I'm looking forward to the weekend food wise either! Mind you I will have a beady eye watching me, he is good at keeping me in check, much to my disgust at times! Ha!
Pretty certain my 3.5 lb loss will be back on. God it's so frustrating that I can't stick to anything longer than a week!!
keep up the hard work they say it takes 12 weeks for something to become a habit so just keep trying and hopefully soon it will just all become habit. thin people seem to haver this healthy eating thing down to a tea ;)

The big 3-0 is obviously spurring a lot of people on. It's given me the kick start I needed, hopefully slow and steady as I've got til August but set myself a pretty high target. 3lbs gone in the first two weeks though.

Amazing that you drank wine and still lost!

Hi guys it was my second weigh in today and i stayed the same which i am pleased with as i was good up until thursday i had a galaxy ripple 8.5syns everyday so i had my chocolate fix! but from friday onwards i lost the plot and ate crisps and chocolate and chinese and a kebab............i'm even embarrassed typing that! so onwards and downwards this week, think i will swap the ripple for curly wurleys so i can save a couple of syns. i will be good and stick to plan i have brought the extra easy meals in minutes book to help me not to reach for the nearest and easiest thing in the cupboard. hope you all did well in your weigh ins
x

Evening everyone, well in my bid to turn this week around i brought a extra easy meals in minutes. tonight i cooked a chicken curry from the book and it was really nice, i dont go much on spinach on its own but in the curry it was lovely although when i make it again i would probably leave the yoghurt out as i tasted the curry before i put it in an preferred it then. my 4 year old daughter liked it too even though it had a bit of a kick to it lol. so now i am sat here and i am going to make a syn free quiche made with cottage cheese eggs green pepper mushrooms and ham. fingers crossed it will turn out ok and i can keep it in the fridge for snack times as i hope it will stop me craving crisps etc.
x

Hi guys it was my second weigh in today and i stayed the same which i am pleased with as i was good up until thursday i had a galaxy ripple 8.5syns everyday so i had my chocolate fix! but from friday onwards i lost the plot and ate crisps and chocolate and chinese and a kebab............i'm even embarrassed typing that! so onwards and downwards this week, think i will swap the ripple for curly wurleys so i can save a couple of syns. i will be good and stick to plan i have brought the extra easy meals in minutes book to help me not to reach for the nearest and easiest thing in the cupboard. hope you all did well in your weigh ins
x

Well I lost a pound but think I was dehydrated when I weighed myself due to the amount of wine I consumed over the weekend! Off the chart syns wise and then when I have a few drinks in me I start the snacking aghhhh! Back on it yesterday and today unfortunately I think I'm coming down with something so doing any exercise is out! Hoping ill be able to go spinning on thurs fingers crossed! I'm in bed already praying my son doesn't wake in the night. Good plan with the ee book and planning yr meals. I don't really get how ee works coz I just seem to eat as I normally would do (obviously without wine and snacks) but I just don't ever seem to lose anything when I try it. I've done a red day yesterday and green today with not too many syns! Again I'm out on sat night again though so that continues to be my testing day:) good luck with the rest of yr week x x

Well I lost a pound but think I was dehydrated when I weighed myself due to the amount of wine I consumed over the weekend! Off the chart syns wise and then when I have a few drinks in me I start the snacking aghhhh! Back on it yesterday and today unfortunately I think I'm coming down with something so doing any exercise is out! Hoping ill be able to go spinning on thurs fingers crossed! I'm in bed already praying my son doesn't wake in the night. Good plan with the ee book and planning yr meals. I don't really get how ee works coz I just seem to eat as I normally would do (obviously without wine and snacks) but I just don't ever seem to lose anything when I try it. I've done a red day yesterday and green today with not too many syns! Again I'm out on sat night again though so that continues to be my testing day:) good luck with the rest of yr week x x

well done on your 1lb loss a loss is a loss so congratulate yourself what ever the reason. you could try vodka instead of wine....it's not the same tho is it. i have 1/2 bottle of mulled wine in the cupboard and i am bering so strong not to drink it. im sure thats highly synd.
x

Morning everyone. well i made my syn free quiche and it is lovely...tastes like it has real cheese in it. i made it with cottage cheese, eggs, ham, mushrooms, green pepper, broccoli and a tin of chopped tomatoes, just made sure i drained them well first. it tastes great hot or cold. gonna make home made burgers and chips tonight. and have a go at making my own syn free tomato ketchup.
Hope your all doing well
x

Hey everyone I am a fellow 29er about to turn 30 and dreading it! New to SW and trying to get my head around it. Made a veg frittata last night to have for my lunch, really trying to do it right but yesterday things went a bit pear shaped when I went to my dads and he did a 600 calorie lasagna which I'm pretty sure used up all my sins. Oh well I'l aiming to not use all sins today to make up for it.

Hey everyone I am a fellow 29er about to turn 30 and dreading it! New to SW and trying to get my head around it. Made a veg frittata last night to have for my lunch, really trying to do it right but yesterday things went a bit pear shaped when I went to my dads and he did a 600 calorie lasagna which I'm pretty sure used up all my sins. Oh well I'l aiming to not use all sins today to make up for it.

Hi lostfan well just think of it as 1 day out of 7 that went "a bit pear shaped" what day is your weigh in? im sure that as every days goes past it will get easier as you get use to sw way. just tell your dad that you need to eat the right things. my parents often invite me out then end up going to cafes and coffee shops for lunches they dont quite grasp the concept but as soon as my mother sees me eating chocolate from my syn allowance shes quik to say "are you sure your meant to be eating that!" yes mother i am! lol keep us posted and let me know how you get on the rest of the week
x

I didn't mention I am doing SW from home as saving for deposit on a house and cant afford to do it properly. Also don't own any scales so not regulating the weight as such yet - im a total beginner! I think there are scales at my gym so can monitor it there. My downfall is going to be my usual bottle of rose wine and takeaway on sat night! Is it right that vodka would be considered less of a syn than wine?

I didn't mention I am doing SW from home as saving for deposit on a house and cant afford to do it properly. Also don't own any scales so not regulating the weight as such yet - im a total beginner! I think there are scales at my gym so can monitor it there. My downfall is going to be my usual bottle of rose wine and takeaway on sat night! Is it right that vodka would be considered less of a syn than wine?

Yes vodka is far better in syn value. 2.5 to 4 syns depending on measure. rose wine is up to 9 syns per 250ml glass. diet tonic water is syn free so is diet coke so mix that with the vodka to make a tall drink

How are we all doing?
After my awful week last week I actually lost 1kg, I have no idea how that happened. Although I did stick to SW meals just had way too many syns.
It has caught up this week tho. WI on Monday and I have gained 0.3kg. Not disheartened at all, only a small gain plus it is TOTM.
Good luck all for this week!

Hey guys any of you lot still going? I gave up for a few weeks had loads on which just made dieting impossible! But I started again today and even have vowed to give up the vino for the next few weeks which should hopefully help shift a few pounds! Still hoping to lose a stone by April but if I at least get under 10 stone I would be happy! Hope everyone has stuck to it better than me. X x

I admit I've not read much of this thread, but it's my 29th birthday in a week and I am so determined not to be fat (or as fat as I am!!!) at 30. I hope to lose about 2.5 or 3 stone (being optimistic) this year. I am a slow loser and love food and wine way too much for my own good, but I want to lose weight before 30 so we can start trying for a baby next year (hopefully!!!) and I won't be obese anymore.

Back