Not used to the 49 - thinking i've failed

NatalieR

I know failed i haven't as the 49 weeklies are there to be used. I had a wispa (6) and some crisps (4) but i am still not used to this weekly lark.

I am used to the old system of only going over if you have earnt it i.e. done some exercise. I did do a long hour dog walk up and down the hills and earnt 4 points but do some of you also feel guilty when you dip into your weeklies?

It's only my second week and i used some of them last week but more 2 -3 every day rather than 10 in one sitting! Just wondered if this will take some getting used to.

x

hi

i think they work differently for people

i have found that if i use all the 49 I sts but if i use about 10-12 a week i have a lost

You don't have to use those 49 weekly extra's, so don't beat yourself up for it hun.
You can still do it the old way, if you want something "bad", work it off by exercising :)

I use all my weeklies every week and this week I lost 6.5 lb was first week but when I did ww previously I used all every week and lost 9 times out of 10 never gained! I use mine when I need to yesterday I used 2 but today I used 8, every one is different u need to use what's best for u, maybe try a week of using all and see what happens on the scale, I will admit when I came from discover I didn't want to used any of my weeklies but I find it easier now I have the extra

It just seems so naughty having a wispa and a packet of crisps and knowing i can have them in my 49. Seems too good to be true.
x

Yeah i no what u mean, but that's what they r there 4, so we can treat ourselves and still loose weight we all no if we r not allowed something we want it more then usually give in, if u r allowed it ur less likely to want it, we had a load of treats given to us at Xmas and b4 I restarted ww I would look in the cupboard an think I don't fancy any of that but day 2 of starting ww I wad craving it all?

So I've found using 10-15 weeklies I've still lost, I know how you feel though but they are there as a safety net so to speak xx

you need to see which is best for you, i use most or all of my weeklies. i went way over them last week and still stayed the same. you also have to take into account how much exercise you do.

if i don't have any weeklies or just a few my body slams on and i get a STS on the scales. i think it's pretty much trial and error at first.

i don't feel guilty having anything i want as long as it's in my points but i've been doing it 9 months.

How much have you lost so far rosie? X

I've rejoined ww last week & I used all my weekly points on treats etc, and I lost 4lbs! I think it's the only way to keep sane, to feel like you are not being deprived! But still loosing weight!
I guess that once I get nearer to my goal weight I will use less weeklies.
Like other ppl have mentioned, it's all trial & error & see what works for you xxx

A friend of mine divided her 49 up and added them on to her daily allowance to give her that little extra. Personally I use mine for those days when I just fancy that bit extra. You will find your groove I'm sure :)

Ive used all weeklies since the start and i think you may as well. Have always lost when i have! If u start off not eating them i think its harder in long run because if one week u do u will most likely gain because ur eating more! So why not?

course i will :D

I am finding if I use my flexi points a little bit at a time but using none the day before my weigh in, it gives a nice result.

Hi I'm new to this. I lost a lot of weight on the Cambridge weight plan two years ago and decided to lose the remainder, (stone) plus the stone I put back on on WW pro points. It looks to be a really balanced diet and it's a major plus for me to be eating fruit! I'm allowed 26 points which seems a lot to me as I have only used 17 up to now and not hungry at all. I'm aiming to get my points mostly from protein and complex carbs rather than sugar, which makes me crave more of the same!!

So the 49 points are for what exactly? I suppose they would be handy if going away for a weekend or dining out.

I'm looking forward to this and I don't care how long it takes me. I owe a lot to the Cambridge plan - but I want to teach myself to eat properly again without obsessing about it.

Nice to meet you all. xx

You can use your weekly points whenever you want! So you can have a mega 75 PP day! Or you could have 33 PP a day or you could not use them at all.. Just make sure you use all of your 26 PP otherwise your body is likely to go into starvation mode and will hold on to all those calories! :) Good luck!

Back