Not using all points!!

Aliwsmith

I joined ww last night and I haven't used all my points plus I've been the gym twice and earned extra activity points is this a problem? I've heard that if u don't use all ur points u may not loose I have about 20 left!!!

You are meant to use all your dailies but it's your choice if you use ur weeklies and AP's

my consultant told me on Monday that you dont have to eat all your dailies! she said that you shouldn't eat if you are not hungry and that the diet is about eating until you are satisfied! She said you certainly shouldn't be eating if you are not hungry! I am eating all dailies as advised and not loosing! so I suppose its each to their own! I think there seems to be a bit of different advice form different consultants... so I would personally just eat enough for you without going over your points... if that means you are under then according to my consultant it is fine! hope I haven't confused you! ( i still a bit confused by it all) x

you'll be fine if its just a day... but really you should organise yourself so you are eating your points properly. Its very bad for you not eating enough on a longer term basis.. your metabolism shrinks and your body may or may not start to consume muscle tissue if its left too long. (muscle requires energy to exist and body sees muscle as a threat to its survival)

To be honest, a well informed leader should be advising you to plan your days better, not telling you its okay to do that...

you'll be fine if its just a day... but really you should organise yourself so you are eating your points properly. Its very bad for you not eating enough on a longer term basis.. your metabolism shrinks and your body may or may not start to consume muscle tissue if its left too long. (muscle requires energy to exist and body sees muscle as a threat to its survival)

To be honest, a well informed leader should be advising you to plan your days better, not telling you its okay to do that...

thanks Hannah but she defo said that I dont have to eat all my points everyday and that I should only eat when I am hungry! I treid that plan where you dont count today and only managed 18pp when I pointed it out of curiosity! so I personally have decided to go back to pp but now I am terribly confused by it all :cry::sigh:

you should only eat when you are hungry yes, but if you do struggle to eat your points I would say take 10 minutes every night to plan what you are doing. When I'm being good I struggle to eat my points.. that's when I know I have to take the time to plan. you should be having at least 5, 7, and 10 for breakfast lunch and dinner respectively. The rest can be snacks or just to bulk out meals when you want a little extra. And you can have a takeout once in a while, or a chocolate bar! Its not a crime :p

I have to eat all of my dailies weeklies, and some of my APs or I wont lose weight. I do a lot lot lot of exercise and my body just WILL NOT give up fat if i'm not eating enough.

I'm sure its more than acceptable to not eat your points once or twice every now and then, its just it'll do your body a powerful amount of damage long term...xx

If you don't feel like eating, having a nice bit of fruit juice (like some pure orange juice?) is a good way to spend a good few points x

Thanks guys the orange juice sounds a good idea!!! I get 40 points and find it's a lot to use!!! I did plan night before and certainly wasn't Hungary I had big tea and even fitted in a ww cookie!! I had 15 points left I'll c how I get on today!!! X

yeah im on 42pp and it is a pain to fill sometimes, especially on the days you want to be good. I use all of my weeklies on my Tuesday night takeout and a bar of chocolate or something (post weigh in) and then I just try to bulk out my dailies with things like semi skimmed milk (rather than skimmed) and low fat stuff rather than the lowest fat food possible. I eat lots of pineapple, and I have the natural juice with it (in the small tins) and I count 2pp for that. And I find eating less food more frequently makes it more managable.

At the end of most evenings I'll have a chocolate bar or something naughty, especially after a good exercise session :p Nothing hugely bad, maybe a couple of orange chocolate segments (4pp for 3) or a nice proper bag of crisps :p

I had my stuff calculated this morning, giving 10pp for my dinner, and I forgot to change my weight, now I've gone down one and I've only 9 left ahahah oops xD

I'm struggling to bring my points up as well but I have found that if I don't then I don't lose weight which does seem strange but then if what I was eating before worked then I wouldn't need to be doing WW I guess.

What I am trying is things like changing one of my cups of tea for a glass of milk. I'm also having a look at some of the articles on the website and the tips for maximising your points - its designed for people who struggle to get their points down but I'm figuring if I use some of the ideas it'll bring my points up to give me a healthier more balanced diet. Ideas like using mashed cauliflower either to replace or bulk out rice or potatoes and then add in a little bit of philadelphia or low fat sour cream to add taste to it. I'm still using veg as my basis but in a way that gives a bit more balance within it.

Good luck :)

thanks Hannah but she defo said that I dont have to eat all my points everyday and that I should only eat when I am hungry! I treid that plan where you dont count today and only managed 18pp when I pointed it out of curiosity! so I personally have decided to go back to pp but now I am terribly confused by it all :cry::sigh:

Do you mind me asking what you had in a day to only eat 18pp?? Thats hardly anything. Unless you're eating LOADS of vegetables?

Is it meant to be that a pp works out about 40 cals? If thats the case 18pp is only 700 odd cals!!!! And 40 is still only 1600 cals which should be enough to create a calorie deficite for most people.

Is it meant to be that a pp works out about 40 cals? If thats the case 18pp is only 700 odd cals!!!! And 40 is still only 1600 cals which should be enough to create a calorie deficite for most people.

Weight Watchers does encourage you to eat vegetables and fruit in order to bulk out your calories.

Its what I meant by the OP having to have eaten LOADS of veg to make 18pp a day work...

its not really as simple as that.. .because you have to factor in the 0pp stuff as Sneeze said. And the 40calorie rule is only a very very rough estimate for food purposes.

but yeah in any scenario 18pp is NEVER enough. I don't even know how anyone could build 3 decent meals out of 18pp... Care to share?

Im AMAZED that any WW consultant would say its ok to be so far under your points, WW have always hammered home how important it is to use all your points, even more so now on PPs.

I think for her to say you dont need to is really out of order. I can understand saying dont eat for the sake of eating but there are so many ways to bump up your points without eating loads more

I cant honestly imagine any consultant worth her salt saying its ok to go so low under WW's own MINIUMUM points allowance....

18pp

Breakfast
Porridge with water 3pp
Lunch 0pp soup, and crispbreads 2pp, or, poached egg on toast with tomatoes 6pp, or, omelette
Tea: Steak 6pp and salad. WW ready meal 7pp with extra veg. Chicken breast with philly, wrapped in bacon 8pp with salad

Just a few examples of 3 good meals coming to 18pp or less. I have worked out now that if I want to lose weight, I ahve to eat less than 29pp. I don't lose weight when eating this much.

My consultanty says that you should eat them all at first, but once proven that this isn't low enough for you, to reduce by a little each fortnight til you get the right amount. She has seen more than ever before, not losing weight when doing as told since propoints and that 29pp is just too many for some. Especially those with only a couple of stone to lsoe

Well I had a better day yesterday managed to eat 39 points even had 2 biscuits!!! I didn't use my activity points but i think that's ok isn't it? I bought bagals and laughing cow as s mid morning snack had a smoothy for breakfast and found that was great as I was full until lunch!!! I think my problem on day 1 was I was just eating really low point things I had yellow fish for tea with small jacket spud and veg where as yesterday I had pork chop so I'm trying to have higher pointed things!!! I'm going to have take away on Saturday to use my weekly allowance I was thinking a chicken kebab without the garlic Mayo!! Does anyone know what the pp is on that I can't see it been all 49 as the chicken is chargrilled then the pitta too? X

its actually really easy to be low on points if you are following a low carb diet - in my case I can't eat bread either so things like the gluten free crispbreads that I replace it with are really low in points.

Fish and white meat with vegetables in stir frys etc gives you a good evening meal with a really low points value. Similarly for lunch I'll often have a huge salad with half a pack of greek salad cheese/feta which is a low fat version and is only 5 points half the packet. I now add some walnuts to up the points a bit and it makes a tasty addition.

I had a similar conversation with my consultant this week about how I'm finding it hard and she told me that if you aren't eating the full points basically your body isn't getting the balance that it needs and it then makes it harder to lose weight. Its taking me a bit of getting my head round the fact that if I eat more and add in carbs, which flies against my years of carbs being evil, then I will lose more weight but at the same time I upped everything last week and lost 5lbs so I'm going to go with it and enjoy having a bit more freedom in what I have each day.

Back