Not well (non CD issue) need advice

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Vicx, 21 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi gang, sorry to post this on the CD forum but I knew this was the best place to come for advice!

I've had period types pains :eek:for about a week, so much so I thought I was due on until I checked my dates - i shouldn't come on for another 2 weeks. So I thought maybe just hormones..........?
    Then the night before last I couldn't sleep cos my boobs were incredibly sore and tender...I don't normally suffer with this at all!! Then yesterday the swelled up! So now I have P pains and swollen sore boobs!!!!! :eek:WTF!!!???? Been on NHS direct and I could either be pregnant, ovulating, have fibroids, the list is endless......has ANYONE experienced these symptoms??? I'm starting to panic.......Thanks in advance Vxxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

before i read the NHS bit - i thought pregnancy!

Could you be? Process of ellimination :)

Sorry you're feeling poorly, thinking of you xxxxx

Vicx likes this.
  4. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    My 1 st thought is pregnacy....maybe do a test to be sure.

2nd are you SSing, sometimes VLCD diets can mess with our hormones a bit, but usually settles down....
    I would do the test first and then if you are still worries pop along and see your surgery nurse or make an appointment to see your gP.

Vicx likes this.
  5. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I immediately thought that too!!! That's how I knew I was pregnant with Jessica.

I would get a test to make sure...I hope that you get the result that YOU want Hun.

Kerry-Ann
    xxx

6. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Leah, thank hun! I think it is unlikely but there is a slim possibility I guess, so was wondering if it could be anythiing else??? Vxx

7. Hedgemag

Diet:
    Cambridge
    It could well be, but if you do a test it will eliminate that posibility.

8. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Oh shucks, thanks for taking the time to respond. Sorry to sound completely naive but when should I test? Is there a time when it's too early? You'd think at 30 years young I'd have a clue about such things!!!! I'm ok with if I am or if I'm not - I think hubbie will be disapointed though cos he's looking at buying a M Bike!!! LOL

9. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

I have the mirena coil, and hadn't had a period for 16months before i went on CD. Now it's completely uncontrollable, popping its head up every few days (this my period is making up for lost time). My boobs were so sore, and i had awful period pain. First thing i thought was pregnancy - tested and thank god it was negative (22, student, have a mother who would actually kill me.....)

Do a test just to be sure, just dont give up SSing right now. Wrap up warm and if possible up your water intake (maybe flush out any toxins in case its a virus). Get well soon xxxx

10. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Many of the tests are so sensitive now that you can test from the day your period was due.

Buy one and read - some need a morning wee - or ask at the chemists, as some do them for you - the test not the wee!!

Agree with the others, eliminate this first as the cause.

myrtlemoo likes this.
  11. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanks guys! I'll be off to the shops ASAP..........eeek! vx

12. Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty Member

Hiya
    It might be ovulation pain (is it one sided?). If you're mid-cyle I would have thought it unlikely to be pregnancy symptoms for another week or so, but if your period does not arrive as expected, then you'd better check?
    The other thing might be an ovarian cyst. Are you needing to wee a lot? I had a cyst last year and the hormones it secreted made me feel sick and have sore boobs. Do you use chemical contraception?

Vicx likes this.
  13. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi Ugly Betty, the pain is central, v similar to Ppain. I'm not using any contraception at the moment (he is responsible for that at the mo!) I was on the injections until the beginning of this year but had to come off. I have made a Dr's appt for this PM as I think it's best to check it out given your post....

Are you OK now after your cyst??
    Vx

14. Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty Member

Hi V

I had to have my ovary removed, because the cyst had caused it to twist, as an emergency operation, but it was fine after that. My pain was on one side though. You've done the right thing in making an appointment, boobs so sore you can't sleep doesn't sound right. Let us know what the Doc thinks and I hope you feel better soon! :eek:)

15. Hedgemag

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Glad you have made an appointment Vicky.......lets us know how you get on hun x

16. Vicx

Vicx Reduction!!!!

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(14.15%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Hi gang, it's my hormones!!!!! I had a surge of em...............? Weird? Went to Dr's and he said to do a test and that if it was negative then put it down to a hormone change. So test was negative and now sat at home still in pain but at least I can take a couple of ibuprofen (didn't take before just in case)!! LOL Thanks everyone for your help, Vxx

17. clairelesley

clairelesley Fairy Princess to Be

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Glad to hear it's nothing too worrying at least!
    Hopefully you'll feel better once your bod has settled into it a bit :wave_cry:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. nessie

nessie Loooooves MiniMins

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(4.61%)
    Diet:
    Doing my own thing...
    Hey, just wanted to say I was having period pains etc, wasn't constipated or anything and ended up I have my period 1 week early. Just CD messing with the hormones etc but should settle down. Hope you feel better soon hun :)

20. Hedgemag

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Glad everything is ok Vicky

21. Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty Member

Hi Vicky

Glad you've got an explanation now. I hope you feel better soon - how do you feel today?

22. Mochaj

Mochaj Gold Member

Diet:
    CD
    Glad you've found out what it is. My hormones were messed up last month and my TOTM came along a week early. I'm usually very regular so I think it was just down to CD affecting it. I hope you're feeling ok.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.