"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

parisienne

What does everyone think of this quote? I've seen it in a few signatures and it's got my mind whirring - I've never liked this quote as I think Miz Moss is encouraging a really unhealthy attitude towards weight loss, but I can still see how people would find this 'manta' motivational (hell, even I do a tiny bit!) Thought it would be an interesting discussion to see what people think! :)

I don't particularly like it- Kate Moss has never been anything but skinny and I think it promotes skinny as an ideal. I am never going to be considered skinny. It's just not my build and I wouldn't want to be either. However, I do want to be healthy and that's what I'm aiming for. 'Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels' would be much more accurate since you can be skinny and still eat mounds of junk food.

I don't like the quote, i find Kate Moss such a bad influence on young girls/women. I have seen a few signitures with this quote and then added to the end was except maltesers, etc etc which i found quite funny.

I don't like it either, heard it too many times for a start.

Prefer mine that i made on a thread last week 'Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will make me work harder'

I heard it years before Kate Moss said it - a slimming group I went to had it as its mantra. It's so over used it kind of loses its meaning.

i hate the saying, skinny isnt always healthy and kate moss is certanly underweight looking at her! some women are just build thinner than others and that cant be helped, but that saying is almost like saying being anything but skinny is unacceptable. whatever happened to being a healthy weight not a walking stick insect?

It's a stupid phrase anyway as there's plenty of 'skinny' foods that frankly taste amazing!!! Fresh picked strawberries being a prime example :) The food themselves aren't the issue. Food doesn't make people fat.

I think the word "skinny" is the problem...replace it with "fit or "healthy"..or even "slim", and it sounds a lot better!

Jo
x

my new motto thingy is ' i'd rather be slimmer than have that junk food' and its really worked! i havent touched an ounce of my old trigger foods. completely cut out crisps and choc and takeaways, and not missing it all. am now addicted to seeing a weight loss on the scales. feel much more of a buzz with that than i ever did pigging out on a chinese or a cheese burger!!

Back