NotSoMuch's log

notsomuch

When i started doing slimming world again i had let my weight creep back up to an incredible (to me) 15st 4lbs.

I began my journey on 10th November 2008 and set myself the following targets

Reach 14st by Christmas

Lose 10% of original weight by the end of January

and i recently joined the Valentine's challenge here. I want to lose 21lbs before February 14th.

Well i made the 14st mark today and i have a couple of weeks to go before Christmas. I hope that allows me to lose a good bit more to give me a little room over the festive period.

I really can't believe that i have lost 18lbs in 4 weeks.
I'm determined this time round. I haven't faltered one single time and despite a pre-menstrual blip, i have lost weight consistently.
if i keep this up i will make my target of 10st by summer and not have to hide in big clothes on hot days.

Last edited:
Well done Notsomuch!!!! What an achievement!!!
With your determination, you will definitley get to goal in no time!

Good luck.

Kerry-Ann
xx

Well done, sounds like your in the weight loss zone. Its such a good feeling to reach your mini targets, well done again.xxx

how can it be???? seriously miffed

Ok, so i broke the diet for the first time since i started on November 10th.
It was my works Christmas night out on friday and i had the meal and three glasses of wine and the scales are showing that i have put on 8 pounds!!

how the hell can i put on 8 pounds with one meal.
I'm seriously deflated.

I've been having between 0 and 5 syns every day since i started and haven't been temped to cheat once.

Now this bombshell.

i'm gutted!

Any advice???

Step away from the scales, do you go to group? and when do you get weighed? Try not to worry too much everyone slips up now and then the important thing is not to fall off the wagon completely! Draw a line under it, and keep on going, you really are doing fab!!

i haven't updated this since the horrors of the Christmas night out that showed a mind blowing 8lb gain from one meal!

I got right back on top of things and managed to get the 8lbs shifted for Christmas and back down to 14st.

In the few weeks since Christmas i have managed to lose another 4lbs and am feeling much more confident about things now.
i've managed to get past the 10% mark and am now thinking in terms of ONLY 46lbs to go til i reach my target.

A stone and a half may not seem much in the grand scheme of a desired 4 and a half stone loss but i'm feeling so good about it all (and myself) now.
I can really see the difference in my body. My thighs are looking slimmer, my face, my arms and my 'middle belly' are all shrinking before my very eyes!
I pulled on a pair of jeans that i bought before Christmas and got them fastened comfortably for the very first time today.

The way i think about eating has changed so much. I no longer have the desire to just eat for the sake of eating. I took one jaffa cake out of the packet to have with my coffee and i was happy to just have one. Before i could easily have demolished the whole packet and thought about going out to get some more.

The biggest thing for me came last night. After doing all green days, i thought i had a bit of a meat craving so i made myself a mixed grill for dinner, even got myself some syn free sausages. when i sat down with it in front of me, i just couldn't eat it! I ended up with a tuna sandwich and some homemade syn free veg soup.

is it possible than in this short space of time (since november 10th) that i have managed to alter my way of thinking about food so drastically, to the point that i only now eat when i am hungry???

13st!
2st 4lbs lost!
i'm nearly half way there.

my losses have slowed considerably over the last month or so and some weeks i don't seem to lose anything.
i need to remind myself that i was 14st on january 2nd and only 6 weeks later i'm a stone lighter.

i wonder if there is any way to get back to the losses that i was having when i started on the plan?

i have a trip planned in 10 weeks time and would like to lose quite a bit more by then.

does anyone have any advice for maximising my losses in that time?

OMG you have done so well, you must really feel the difference. Ways to maximise your lose is to maybe try SE or just eat a lot more speed foods. Iv'e done SE 3 times did it for a week, did normal plan for a week, etc, and i was near to target and lost 4lbs then 3lbs then 3lbs.
It works on the principle of cutting down your portions but filling up your plate on speed foods. Well done again hun. xxx

Back