Now it's all clear, I have just realised

Wallywithabrolly

that I am an emotional eater :cry:

I have just had a row with my husband about moving house for my job and he is very negative and my only reaction is to eat (I haven't yet, but the urge is incredible). I am not hungry, there is actually nothing I fancy to eat - I just want to do it!

Why does my brain work like this, I am so sad now I've realised :(

Welcome to the world of the emotional eater... there are many of us members, many of us trying to escape. Me being one of them.

I always turn to food when stressed, sad, depressed, upset, bored, annoyed... the list goes on. But not any more.

A problem shared is a problem halved so yup you've done the right thing! :)

You should feel good that you have now identified why you eat, now you can look to change this & try to find other ways to deal with emotion (easier said than done I know). Maybe try going for a walk to clear your head?

Agree with all of the above! I also turn to food for such reasons, and also celebrate with food, console with food... you name it! Realising and avoiding are part of the cure... well done for knwoing where you stand as thats a big step.

Hope you cheer up soon :) xx

I certainly would rather walk than eat, I feel the revelation was a bit too much for a Wednesday afternoon!

Me too buying becks book. Hoping it helps. Weird or what???!!!!!

Belle

Last edited:
Its good that you have identified what your trigger is!! :D I am an emotional eater (as well as a boredom eater) Now i dont keep the things that i like in the cupboards i find i dont snack anymore

Back