Now taking off the 5th stone with C25K & Slimming World

Thanks Katie.

Was taken out to dinner with a friend last night. Beautiful restaurant and I made some good choices but still ate too much. This friend is one of those friendly saboteur sorts who say have this, have that. I was full by the end of main course but he is all 'oh go on, have the creme brule you love it'. Yes I do love it but I was actually full. He didnt want to eat dessert alone so ordered it I did.

On the plus side, I drank water instead of wine, ordered plain baked cod instead of any of the vast array of delcious saucy dishes.

So even after nearly a year on this plan, I still do find it hard to resist when others are indulging in front of my eyes. I still find it hard to stick to 2 courses when out in a restaurant when I only need 2 (I think that comes from eating out being such a treat when I was growing up that we always had 3 courses - its seems slightly alien now to only have 2).

Still, its the right end of the week to have extra syns as I have til Tuesday to make up for it. Extra exercise for me.

Thanks Pippa!

Well its WI tonight and I have not had the best week. 3 meals out and one day where I just felt piggy all day. Scales at home show a small gain so not too bad. Did a 5 mile walk on Sunday but apart from that no Body Magic. I really must get back down to the gym but with the new job, I just feel too tired when I get home. I have an exam at the end of the month too so will have to fit in revision as well as work as well as family so need to plan better I think.

You can always try and turn family time into exercise time? If you've got kids, swimming is always an option? I feel like a piggy today, an I haven't ate yet, just been thinking about all the lovely food I want! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just popping in to say hi x and hope you have a good week :D:D

Heya
Well done for getting that 4st sticker back.
Eating out is always hard, but it could have been worse!
Hope that you have a good week :)

Thanks Pink.

OK, so after losing 9 pounds in 2 weeks, I put on 1.5. But, according to my home scales that is already back off again.

I really want to get my 4.5 stone sticker. I got my 3.5 stone at the end of August and my 4 stone early November when I was ill. I've gone not very far at all in the last few months but at least the 4 stone ish has stayed off.

I was talking to a lady at class this week and she mentioned that she had previously lost 4 stone, then hit a plateau and stopped going. She came back a few weeks ago having put on 2 stone. That made me realise that I have done the right thing by keep going to class even though I have not got far recently.

I'm sure that if I can get to 4.5 stone, I will be able to finish the job PDQ.

And you will do it sweetheart xxx I'm sure you will :D:D

Well those 1.5 pounds are back off according to my home scales so that is good. I have been 95% good and plan to go down the gym later today.

I am out for dinner tomorrow and off to Nandos on Monday eve so I will try and make good choices so that my WI on Tuesday is a good one.

Been following Slimming World for 10 months now. Well if I am totally honest, I have followed SW for 5 months and then followed SW principles for the last 5 months.

That translates to 3.5 stone in the first 5 months and 1/2 stone in the last 5 months.

I guess what that means is that SW works and by following the principles of what SW taught me, I can maintain any loss.

If I can follow SW to the letter for these next 2 months, I can complete my journey and then maintain long term.

At last I have been back down the gym.

I downloaded some dance tracks to my Shuffle and downloaded c25k to my iphone and did day 1 of week 1.

It was alright.

Its amazing how much easier it is when you have your own music. The iphone app made a difference too as the screen went green when it was time to walk and red when it was time to jog so no worries about losing track of where I was in the programme.

Well I feel much thinner today but the scales are stuck but at least the 1.5 gain of last week has stayed off.

Went to Bacchus in Hoxton for lunch yesterday. I'm told its a product of Jamie Oliver's Fifteen. What a great place. Had the roasted field mushroom welsh rarebit on sour bread for starters and the beef roast for main. One of the best roast dinners I have ever eaten! I didn't dare look at the dessert menu as I was full but knew I'd fancy something so finished my water and departed quick sharpish.

Then went shopping to Boden and tried on all sorts. Came home with a couple of size 16 bits which fit lovely. Very good day allround. :)

At uni today and out at Nandos tonight.

Well done you xxx :D You will shift the rest of your weight I know you will
Have a good week sweetheart x:)

Well lost a pound last night so happy with that after 2 flexi syn days.

My C took me out for an indian after class too as I've been helping her the last few weeks as she is a brand new C. She has done so well and her group had great losses last night. Its a shame I cant help her any more as I have enjoyed being on the social team but with full time work and part time study and a home and children to look after, its too much.

The Slimming World Consultants work so hard for their members. I had thought about a career myself but am glad I didn't as its not really a part time job for those who have many other time demands.

Next week I am back to my old local class. Not sure I will have time to stay for the chat bit after weigh in as I need all the spare time I can get to prepare for an exam at the end of Feb but I'll see how it all goes.

Well the scales at home today are not being kind but I think its pre period week so I always carry a few extra pounds at that time.

Funny thing is I've had a few more compliments this week and I do feel a bit smaller. Yesterday someone I see a lot accused me of 'disappearing' and someone I haven't seen for a few months said how much weight I'd lost.

I have not had any compliments of that nature for a while as I have plateaud into this kinda size for a few months.

Hopefully the pre-period weight will be gone by WI Tuesday.

I am off to gym this morning to do day 2 of the c25k. Of course I should be on week 2 not day 2 but with this new full time job I just cant get down the gym other than at weekends. Technically I could of course but gyming at 6 in the morning or 9 at night is not something that currently appeals. What a slacker LOL!

I am having my hair done today. I have booked the top stylist and colourist so am just going to leave myself in their hands. My partner is trying to put me off short hair but I actually like wearing my hair short so I'll let the professionals decide.

heya hun,
it's interesting to read that literally the post after the one that said you'd finally gotten back to the gym was much more cheerful than those posts previous; it shows that maybe isn't just for the body, but for the mind too.
You're doing really well, keep it up and I've no doubt you'll be stickering up in no time :)

heya hun,
it's interesting to read that literally the post after the one that said you'd finally gotten back to the gym was much more cheerful than those posts previous; it shows that maybe isn't just for the body, but for the mind too.
You're doing really well, keep it up and I've no doubt you'll be stickering up in no time :)

That's a really interesting observation! I was only saying to my friend this morning that I feel really bright again now. Those first few weeks in my new job were killers. Stepping up from 2.5 days to full time, going from charity sector to commercial sector and generally havng to learn all the new company's many systems and way of working - its been tough and tiring. I had my first day there yesterday where I actually felt on top of it.

I really love my job and I hated being new and floundering a bit but I hope I'm in my stride a bit more now.

I didn't even feel tired when I woke up this morning. I am sure exercise helps.

Day 2 of week 1 of C25K had me jog/walk 2.5k and it felt easy. Took just over 20 mins so gives me hope of doing a 5K run at the end of the summer in good time.

I have decided to run for MacMillian as I have had 2 friends diagnosed with cancer in the last few weeks and I know MacMillian do such wonderful work - not just the caring side of things but the advice work on benefits and money/debt.

If that aint motivation, I dont know what is!

Thanks Pink!

Skipped week 1 day 3 of C25K as I found yesterday's 'run' pretty easy - I had started this programme a few months back before I had the 3 week dodgy stomach in November. It was good to know I had not totally lost the benefit of the work done then.

Did Week 2, day 1 - 1.5 min jogging, 1 min walking x 8. It went well and I even felt motivated enough to turn up the speed for the last jog section. I am already looking forward to my next run.

I made SW dauphinoise potatoes today with steak and blue cheese with broccoli for lunch followed by SW apple and cinnemon crumble. Both recipes again for this month's SW magazine. Really delicious. I love weekends when I have time to cook.

Heya,
Glad to hear that you're settling in at your job, I'm sure you're doing grand!
I'm impressed with the exercise, makes me really want to join back up to the gym, might see if i can stretch the budget that far....
Running for macmillan sounds like a great idea! doing something good for others whilst doing something beneficial for yourself.
HOpe that you have a good week hun :)

Just thought I d say Hi and well done on all your exercising That weight will come off. Hope you have a good week xx:D:D

Back