Now taking off the 5th stone with C25K & Slimming World

Hi x just wanted to say just read your diary and you ve inspired me thats for certain.. I can't wait to get under the 200 pounds... havent been there for years. You have done so well and im sure you ll do well in 2011. xx

Thanks Katie! Good luck with your journey!

Well last night at WI I put on 3.5 pounds. That was for the xmas and New Year weeks so not bad really, especially as I had eaten lunch and had a snack in the afternoon which I dont normally have when I go to the earlier class.

I have been good since although I am still working out the best way to eat now I am working every day and getting home later. I'm not keen on eating after 7 in the evening so may snack at night and eat well at lunch. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll have worked out a SW friendly plan.

I want to get to target by Easter and so I now have 15 weeks to lose 1 stone 10.5 pounds. (24.5 pounds). Tough but doable.

Heya :)
Well done for not going mental over xmas, that's pretty much as hard as it gets with regards to temptation.
Best wishes for 2011.

Hi x Am sure you will get to goal, And your slight gain will soon be gone Im sure x

Thanks girls!

Well I had hoped that gain would kick start me but with a new full time job, my food plan is all over the place. The area I work in has no healthy food shops at all in the High Street and so I've been having sandwiches from Greggs etc. I seem to have put on which is probably the result of excess carbs plus the butter in the ready made sandwiches. It is surprising how those little things can add up. I will try and swap back to yoghurt and raspberries (free) for breakfast rather than porridge (HEA & HEB). And I have ordered shopping this week which will enable me to take in a Slimming World friendly packed lunch.

I'm not keen on cooking when I come in at night and as a result I have had 2 take-aways this week! Bad, bad bad! I will investigate slow cooker recipes and perhaps try and use that so something tasty is ready for me when I get home about 7pm.

As for the gym, I had not been since early November when I was ill but, I did a spin class today and felt great so am very motivated to get back to that but with the new job and the study and a family, its hard to fit in it.

This week my goal is to eat yoghurt and raspberries for breakfast, make a SW packed lunch each day and go to the gym another 2 times.

Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll be fully back in the Slimmng World zone and can get on with getting to target.

I think (mentally) I will start afresh from last week's WI. So I have 1 stone, 10 and a half pounds to target.

Thanks ladies.

Well, another week went by without being able to stick to plan 100%. It resulted in another gain of 3 pounds which, rather anoyingly, puts me back up over 200 pounds!!!! I really did not want to see that figure again so it really is time to re-find my mojo.

The good news, is that I have had 2 100% Slimming World days since that WI and my scales at home are already showing a loss. Hopefully if I can get one good week under my belt, I can get back on it again. I do feel re-motivated and maybe this is because I changed class - a change is as good as a rest etc etc.

I have changed class as a friend from my old group has just become a Consultant and has set up her own group near where I now work. I helped her out at her new class and from next week, I will be taking the cash so that means I cant miss a class and that should keep me on my toes! It was really good to listen to the new members talk again. I feel like a fresh member and I hope to get a new member type weight loss next week too.

You can do it and as you said the scales are showing a loss already :D. Am sure you ll get your mojo back.. Hope you have a good week x

Well yesterday I was sick. Felt horribly dizzy and had to be sent home from work as kept having to rush off to the loo to throw up.

An afternoon in bed sorted me out and I just have flu like symptoms today and barely any voice which although isn't great, is much better than yesterday.

As a result I didn't eat much at all yesterday but I am back on plan 100% again today so hopefully I will still get a good loss this week.

Going to make a syn free lamb casserole for dinner. Will make a burger or mince pasta dish for lunch.

Another 100% day yesterday. Had a lovely mince meal at lunchtime and then cooked the Mediterranean Lamb dish from the SW 7 Days To Sucess book.

Today had Cottage Pie which was a variation of the one on the SW recipe website - totally syn free and delicious and filing. I'd forgotten how good this SW plan can be when followed properly. It does take some forward planning and preperation but its worth it.

I really really hope this is a kick start to a new period of sustained losses. If I get a good loss on Tuesday then what with adding some gym classes next week (still not feeling well enough today) then hopefully I'll get another loss next week and be on my way to target.

Just posted this elsewhere and thought I'd paste it here for a summary of my SW journey so far:

I lost 3.5 stone in the first 22 weeks but since then (weeks 23 - 41), I have gone up and down with the same 10 pound to the point I am back where I was in week 21.

A mixture of complacency, illness, diet boredom, xmas and various other excuses had caused a blip but as of this week, I am back on it 100% and so am expecting a good loss.

In those first 22 weeks I lost in 19 WIs, gained in 2 and only missed one class when I was away on holiday.

In these last 19 weeks I have lost in 8 WIs, gained in 6 and missed 5 (one through holiday, one through illness).

Moral of the story - keep going to class to get fresh ideas and to stay motivated with help from others.

Another 100% day yesterday and the home scales are still moving in the right direction. Feeling good and back in control at last!

You can do this :D:D, You have done so well so far!! Keep strong xx

Thanks Katie Rose!

Well, it just goes to show that if you follow a healthy eating plan 100%, it works! After my very controlled week, I lost a whopping 8 pounds tonight. That matches my first week weight loss from last Easter.

I had been peaking on my home scales throughout the week so knew I'd done well but to get that at the official weigh in feels great.

I am so glad I went to my friend's new group, its given me a new buzz about Slimming World and I feel confident in getting to target now.

I must do my on-line shopping order so I can continue to make some lovely dishes like lamb casserole and cottage pie - hearty tasty meals that help you lose weight - simply brilliant! :D

Woo hoo xx I am so pleased for you Well done :D:D Have a good week x

Well I have not been as good this week as last but still a good week and 95% on plan.

Will try and get to the gym this weekend to work off the extra syns I have had but I have work and a few other bits to do so will see.

I am going to cook the lamb casserole again this weekend but make it a bit minty this time. May do the cottage pie again as it was so filling and delicious.

Off to the cinema at some point, hopefully the prices will be enough to put me off buying any pick and mix etc!

Just back from spin class. Excellent but knackering. Sweated a lot.

Have booked to do two next weekend.

Minty lamb caserole in oven for dinner today. Partner off to get my daily chocolate syns (Milky Way) while I get in bath.

Last edited:
Heya, good to see you back on track and ding so well! That was an amazing loss last week! Really well done.

I think you're mad for doing spin classes, I think I'd last about a minute, you're amazing, lol.

Hope that you're having a good weekend :)

Just back from class and have taken another pound off.

I have now offcially re-earnt my 4 stone sticker and so am very happy indeed.

I didn't have a 100% week so if I can have one this week I hope to lose 3 pounds next week.

I have 9 weigh-ins left until my year anniversary. I'd like to make my target by then - its a bit of a tall order but with 100% weeks plus exercise, its possible.

Back