NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My PM told me that I make it all look easy (shes not seen me pulling in 3 hour sessions down the gym or prepping meals for 2 hours each day)
I fit my size 18 trousers (was a 26)
And Ive inspired a fellow collegue to join sw and shes lost a fantastic 16lbs in a month

Last edited:
This is such a great thread!!! I've only been on SW for a couple of weeks so no change in clothes size or anything (long way off that) but I've been working on getting fitter as well.

We have an exercise bike and I've been doing a 15km programme every few days for a few weeks now. To start with it was taking me about 38 minutes. My aim was to get it down to less than 30 mins. On Tuesday I did it in 28 m 40 and I've just managed to shave it down to 27 m 45.

Nowhere near as good as fitting into smaller jeans or people noticing weight loss but I feel a lot fitter a lot faster than I expected to

I've just walked to the supermarket, which is 1.6 miles away, and then back again, with two VERY heavy bags of shopping. I can barely type my arms are so tired. I reckon the bags weighed about 2.5 stone each and it was a bit of a biggest loser moment in that I just realised exactly what I have been carrying around with me.

My NSV was going shopping today and not picking up a horrendous amount of 'rubbish' food as I like to call it.

To cut a long story short we are having some of my relatives to stop from tomorrow and usually i would shop and buy loads more food than we need and none of it would be diet food at all.

However, I purchased diet drinks, salad, peppers, chicken, ham, etc....and only a couple of other bits that are non SW friendly I will need to syn!!! :)

Huzzah! x

Last night we went to a neighbour's house for a chinese! I was told by the host to tuck in because I needed 'feeding up' as there's 'nothing left of me'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I was beaming from ear to ear ALL night as this is the first time anyone has EVER made a comment of that nature!! Of course it's very amusing as there so is a lot left of me and I certainly don't need 'feeding up', but it was definitely an NSV for me!!!!X

My NSV was going shopping today and not picking up a horrendous amount of 'rubbish' food as I like to call it.

To cut a long story short we are having some of my relatives to stop from tomorrow and usually i would shop and buy loads more food than we need and none of it would be diet food at all.

However, I purchased diet drinks, salad, peppers, chicken, ham, etc....and only a couple of other bits that are non SW friendly I will need to syn!!! :)

Huzzah! x

Hurrah indeed EB!!! These are definitely signs that you are developing good habits that are now second nature to you!! I was talking about this in work yesterday! Saying that in the past I'd stop by MacDonalds after work or automatically buy crisps and chocolate (amongst other 'treats') every time I filled up with petrol without thinking, and now it doesn't even enter my mind to do these things!! Interesting how our minds work isn't it, and just shows that it's all about habit, and that new habits can be formed just as easily, they just take a bit of time!! Proud of you!!X

Fabulous NSVs everyone - keep 'em coming! Mine this weekend was being photo'd and video'd doing Just Dance and I had to take a double-take at myself - don't look half bad in the photos, quite slim in fact! xxx

sian the difference in your face in your avatar from your last one is a nsv!

i wore my new denim skirt last night with tights and didnt have to spend the whole night pulling them up!

NSV alert - my auntie wants to do SW as she can see how well i have done on it.....!!!

I should work on commission :) xxx

NSV alert - my auntie wants to do SW as she can see how well i have done on it.....!!!

I should work on commission :) xxx

Not quite commission, but if she joins your group there's an offer on at the moment where you get a free week for introducing a friend - you also get the summertime booklet as well. Think the offer goes on til w/e 11 Sep

i would love her to join my group - but she lives in Perth (Western Oz) so i think the commute might be a bit much :) xxxx

Back