NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I had a weird sort of NSV last night - I saw a girl out in our local pub who I haven't seen for a while and who I don't really get on with (long, boring story involving boys!!! :rolleyes: ) When she saw me she said "just because you've lost loads of weight you walk about thinking you own the place!"

Firstly and most importantly all I really heard was - "….LOST LOADS OF WEIGHT!!!" Wooo hoo - I could have kissed her! I didn't even care about the nasty sentiment behind the words (which I don’t by the way - honestly - I wish I DID own a pub! :p) Anyway, another back handed compliment - and again - I'll take it and run thank you very much! :bolt:

6 people told me how great I look and one said your face is "chiselled" meaning not round and fat. What a fab friday.

Katerpillar said:
I had a weird sort of NSV last night - I saw a girl out in our local pub who I haven't seen for a while and who I don't really get on with (long, boring story involving boys!!! :rolleyes: ) When she saw me she said "just because you've lost loads of weight you walk about thinking you own the place!"

Firstly and most importantly all I really heard was - "….LOST LOADS OF WEIGHT!!!" Wooo hoo - I could have kissed her! I didn't even care about the nasty sentiment behind the words (which I don’t by the way - honestly - I wish I DID own a pub! :p) Anyway, another back handed compliment - and again - I'll take it and run thank you very much! :bolt:

Right on lady... Remember others have to give backhanded compliments because they feel shitty about themselves and they project that on to you... xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

sleepytimesadie said:
Right on lady... Remember others have to give backhanded compliments because they feel shitty about themselves and they project that on to you... xx

And let them project I say. The 'haters' would normally be the last people to point out our achievements so it makes it even more satisfying. :)

I went for a pre op appointment today as am having my gall bladder out next week and I relaised I haven't had any of the chats about being overweight and the problems it causes re anesthetic etc and the cuff for the blood pressure didn't have to be changed for the plus size one and they managed to find my veins to get blood straight away whereas in the past I used to have loads of hassle with that!
Also have been to summer fair at my sons school and had lots of compliments on my weightloss and people saying they didn't recognise me :D

*Emsie* said:
I went for a pre op appointment today as am having my gall bladder out next week and I relaised I haven't had any of the chats about being overweight and the problems it causes re anesthetic etc and the cuff for the blood pressure didn't have to be changed for the plus size one and they managed to find my veins to get blood straight away whereas in the past I used to have loads of hassle with that!
Also have been to summer fair at my sons school and had lots of compliments on my weightloss and people saying they didn't recognise me :D

Yey!! Go emsie :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well im chuffed but also a bit gutted lol

Just tried on last summers clothes and they are all far too big.....problem being i cant afford a new wardrobe of summer clothes for my holiday oh dear but i am of course made up too :)

I cant win! Lol! X

I'm having the same problem, it costs a bomb losing weight. I put some things on eBay, to make some money to buy a few new things. There are some great sales on the moment, river island and mango have massively reduced their summer stock. Well done though, no more sweaty thighs and back boobs! Hehe ;)

I gave someone else a NSV today.
Fairly well built lass running down the street this morning in her jogging gear wearing a face like thunder.
I wound down my window on the approach and wolf whistled at her and her face broke into an ear to ear grin so I hope I cheered her up a little bit for the day.
( come on ladies, admit it. You love it when the blokes do it. :) )

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Ellebear said:
someone yelled "b1tch" at me from a car today! :O

You should have said yes but that's Ms ***** to you... And I can lose weight but you will always be ugly...

Got up this morning still half asleep needing a are and my pj bottoms fell down before I could open the bathroom door. :)

catmonkey said:
Got up this morning still half asleep needing a are and my pj bottoms fell down before I could open the bathroom door. :)

Lol... xx

I just bought a top in new look in a size 16 - this is not the NsV though! The fact i actually tried on a 16 in the first place is! I had to have a word with myself in the changing rooms cos i was convinced at first there was no point in even trying it on.

Also - its the first time i've set foot in new look on about 12 years & i wasn't scared & didn't feel like i shouldn't be there!

ColJack said:
I gave someone else a NSV today.
Fairly well built lass running down the street this morning in her jogging gear wearing a face like thunder.
I wound down my window on the approach and wolf whistled at her and her face broke into an ear to ear grin so I hope I cheered her up a little bit for the day.
( come on ladies, admit it. You love it when the blokes do it. :) )

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Love it! Good for you, we should all pay it forward

Back