NSVs - Non Scale Victories

My best nsv yet - I've finally got my engagement ring back on, for the first time in over five years! We got engaged in 1999 when I was skinny, and over the years the weight crept on but I refused to have it resized (it's an antique). I was sorting out my jewellery box this week and found it, tried it on, and I'm now wearing my engagement ring, wedding ring and eternity ring altogether for the first time :)

You've lost *seven* dress sizes since January? :eek: How much is that in scales terms, if I dare ask?

Hubby just said - blimey your stomach is really flat isn't it?!. We've been together 13 years & i'm not sure he's ever been able to make that observation. Okay, i was lying down so gravity may have had something to do with it, but don't care!

I've got a good but sad NSV. The good bit - my size 12 work trousers were so big and baggy that I could take them off without undoing them, and at work they flapped around my hips. So on Monday I bought a new pair of work trousers - size 10! Fitted nicely! Only now when I'm walking around I'm missing the smug feeling of losing weight. How stupid is that! I think I'm just going to have to wear them again to make myself feel better again!

Sorry to quote my own post but thought I would just say I'm wearing a pair of my old trousers and feeling better now. Smugness returns! :D

Stoffie said:
Sorry to quote my own post but thought I would just say I'm wearing a pair of my old trousers and feeling better now. Smugness returns! :D

That is such a valid point. Floppy trousers make me feel great also. I had to change my WI trousers to some that fit. The feeling of a smaller size doesn't beat the feeling of baggy old trousers.

Oh this is so true. My jeans keep falling down and I've bought a smaller pair but I just don't get the same sense of satisfaction when I wear them. Weird but true:)

Oh wow i love all of these! It's gonna take me ours to read them all but i will do!

I have 2 to share:

No1. I went to the nurse the other day and she asked me to stand on the scales...not only did i do this happily, when i got on she couldnt believe it! She went over to her comp, then her chart, then looked at me and said "do you know you have lost a lot of weight?" i then told her how i'd piled even more on before i started loosing it. She then wanted me to explain Slimming World diet to her!

No2. I was half asleep the other night and my hubby said to me "No offence but i'm gonna have to move me arm, yr ribs are hurting me!" I cant remember ever having ribs! LOL i laughed so much! I truely woke myself up!

It's moments like those that make the difficult moments worth fighting through!

Cai said:
No2. I was half asleep the other night and my hubby said to me "No offence but i'm gonna have to move me arm, yr ribs are hurting me!" I cant remember ever having ribs! LOL i laughed so much! I truely woke myself up!

It's moments like those that make the difficult moments worth fighting through!

my oh can't lie with his head on my belly anymore because my hip bones jab him and when I cuddle up to him I often jab him with a shoulder bone or elbow bone lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

can you get fed up with NSV's???

since I've been back working at the old place I used to work 2.5 years ago, it seems there is a never ending procession of people coming over to comment on how much weight I've lost etc..
It was great at first obviously as I stood there with pride and said "Yes thanks, I've lost 10st..." etc... but it's gotten old really fast..
they've even been comming over from the other factory over the road to have a "chat".. ( I'm sure they just want to have a gawp for themselves after being told about it.. )..

Went shopping yesterday... Bought a lovely new dress from Void... In a size 14... Fitted too, not my usual shapeless sack, but it shows off my curves, and when I tried it on to show Kev he wolf whistled...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110814_111209.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110814_111209.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 105
sleepytimesadie said:
Went shopping yesterday... Bought a lovely new dress from Void... In a size 14... Fitted too, not my usual shapeless sack, but it shows off my curves, and when I tried it on to show Kev he wolf whistled...

Wolf whistles! Well done!

The cutest bloke I have ever seen in my life told me I'd got a lovely figure last night! Naturally I told him he needed a pair of glasses, but nevertheless I spent the rest of the night like this: :D:D:D:D:D:D

I spent the rest of the night being teased as I went a lovely shade of pink! :eek:

While I paid no heed to him really as he'd probably had one too many to drink, it's nice to hear because I still imagine myself to be a lot bigger than I am, and I still get very self conscious when I go out at the weekend :)

dudette2001uk said:
The cutest bloke I have ever seen in my life told me I'd got a lovely figure last night! Naturally I told him he needed a pair of glasses, but nevertheless I spent the rest of the night like this: :D:D:D:D:D:D

I spent the rest of the night being teased as I went a lovely shade of pink! :eek:

While I paid no heed to him really as he'd probably had one too many to drink, it's nice to hear because I still imagine myself to be a lot bigger than I am, and I still get very self conscious when I go out at the weekend :)

Nice one, but you really should learn to enjoy the compliments as you are doing fab... xx

Nice one, but you really should learn to enjoy the compliments as you are doing fab... xx

I suppose I'm not really used to compliments as I go out with the same group of people every weekend just about (mostly male), and they're not the type to go giving compliments to people all the time :) And unfortunately in my experience, when you're out with a group, particularly if there's a larger number of men, some people feel wary about complimenting women as they're worried about how protective the guys are they're with! :)

On the other hand I may be talking a load of rubbish! :8855:

dudette2001uk said:
I suppose I'm not really used to compliments as I go out with the same group of people every weekend just about (mostly male), and they're not the type to go giving compliments to people all the time :) And unfortunately in my experience, when you're out with a group, particularly if there's a larger number of men, some people feel wary about complimenting women as they're worried about how protective the guys are they're with! :)

On the other hand I may be talking a load of rubbish! :8855:

No your more than likely right... xx

Back