NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Knickerless.... Nearly

Well there I was in Tesco today trying to figure out what meat to buy when I felt this strange feeling on my legs, at first I thought it was my skirt as it was one of my new size 14s and a little shorter than what I would have normally dared to wear. Well, you know the old trick where you put a pair of pants on top of your tights as well as underneath (well it was one I used to use to enure the tights didn't roll down... well, never mind the tights rolling down... There 1.5inches below the hem line of my skirt were the bright lemon pants I had put on (very noticable against black opaque tights....) so there were the little miss chatterbox knickers rapidly descending - didnt know what to do - wriggle and step out of them and make a run for it - or try and utch them up discreetly - well i went for trying to get them back up - but every time i utched them up it made the skirt way, way, way too short - there was only one thing left to save myself - I very carefully managed to slip my hand into the tiny waistband and reach down and yank them up at top speed.... Not sure if it could have got any worse - maybe if i'd have had the wonderwoman pants on that i had pushed to one side when picking up the Little Miss Chaterbox ones....:eek::8855:

skinnyminx said:
Well there I was in Tesco today trying to figure out what meat to buy when I felt this strange feeling on my legs, at first I thought it was my skirt as it was one of my new size 14s and a little shorter than what I would have normally dared to wear. Well, you know the old trick where you put a pair of pants on top of your tights as well as underneath (well it was one I used to use to enure the tights didn't roll down... well, never mind the tights rolling down... There 1.5inches below the hem line of my skirt were the bright lemon pants I had put on (very noticable against black opaque tights....) so there were the little miss chatterbox knickers rapidly descending - didnt know what to do - wriggle and step out of them and make a run for it - or try and utch them up discreetly - well i went for trying to get them back up - but every time i utched them up it made the skirt way, way, way too short - there was only one thing left to save myself - I very carefully managed to slip my hand into the tiny waistband and reach down and yank them up at top speed.... Not sure if it could have got any worse - maybe if i'd have had the wonderwoman pants on that i had pushed to one side when picking up the Little Miss Chaterbox ones....:eek::8855:

You have just cheered me up no end, I'm laughing so much.. Can just picture the security guards faces watching you on CCTV.. Sorry you've started my off again, I can't stop laughing x

Instead of the tops of my tights rolling over my stomach they're staying there woo! Running into public toilets constantly pulling my tights up!

V Happy!

Just looking forward to my waistband on my work trousers being comfortable and not giving me red marks!!! :(

Ruth
X

And me x

Well done :)

Last edited:

Funniest thing read in ages x Brilliant x
They were obv to big for you, so i'd have just left em there and walked off lol

Someone I haven't seen in about 6 months said that I'd lost weight :) And that's after losing only 5lbs!

Must be all the summer horse riding

It's really spurred me on...what will people say when I've lost a stone? 2 stones? 3......:woohoo:

At a trying time with an unexpected and undeserved gain of 2 1/2lbs I was delighted to see family members that I haven't seen for a while, my brother couldn't get over the difference and described me as being very svelte like :8855:

Also in the rugby world, I saw a great friend who used to coach with us and he was blown away with the difference in how I looked, even though I wasn't fat before lol (oh yes I was)

However it restores your faith in what you have accomplished and the obvious difference in appearance. :D

Couldn't have come at a better time as I was really down.

I saw my uncle for the first time in ages today and he told me I look even skinnier than the last time he saw me! This from a man who also takes the mickey and never give compliments lol. I did ask him what he was after coz he was being so nice lmao

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Another one today... The paramedics had to put a paediatric neck brace on me today and said they wished everybody the picked up was as light as me. They were amazed when I told them I had lost 4 stone on slimming world and told me to thank sw lmao

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh hope you are ok LittleStrawberry! x

My NSV is a funny one too.. but I bet a lot of you will know what I mean.

All the water ran out of the bath last night when I pulled the plug out, instead of me creating a dam and everything behind me staying in until I stood up!

I treated myself to some lovely fat face jeans at the start of my sw classes, two sizes smaller than i was and now theyre too big!!!

I think its taken some years off me aswell, fit young electrician in work the other day said i didnt look anywhere near old enough to have an 18 year oll son ( im 43)

Thank you sw :0)

wearing the same jogging bottoms to SW weigh in each week, last week I was walking to weigh in and they fell right down to my ankles, luckily id only just left my house, time to get a new pair i think haha :D

After an annoying wee gain last night :mad: (I know what it was, but it feels out of proportion when I'm in a room full of people who were "bad" but still lost) I really needed my NSV this morning.

I was in the kitchenette at work this morning and a woman I don't know (she works in the next office along) said she and her colleagues had been discussing how great I looked and she just had to say something :D. I am walking on AIR (and that stupid pound is getting its behind well and truly kicked)

So happy!!! :)

I bought disney pyjamas about 5 years ago. Size 16/18 in pink check with Winnie the pooh on them (no honest I'm a grown up!)

Anyway. They never fit. Ever. I kept trying them on.

They now fit. Actually they are quite big on me. That hasn't stopped me keeping them on though :)

Back