NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Yes I did enjoy it.. Bit muddy in places along the canal ( why they can't line the paths with crushed bricks / concrete I don't know... ), and riding on the roads still a bit scary after 20+ years off a bike, but it was good none the less.
I've a bruised back from the cauliflower though.... ( now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say.. )

ColJack said:
Yes I did enjoy it.. Bit muddy in places along the canal ( why they can't line the paths with crushed bricks / concrete I don't know... ), and riding on the roads still a bit scary after 20+ years off a bike, but it was good none the less.
I've a bruised back from the cauliflower though.... ( now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say.. )

A bruised back from the cauliflower??? What the.....???? Lol

Shirleen said:
Cauliflower in the backpack o a bike on a bumpy towpath?

Yup!!
I'm taking a knife next time and will chop off the leaves and dissect it into a zip-loc bag.
Much smaller and easier to pack then. :)

ColJack said:
Yup!!
I'm taking a knife next time and will chop off the leaves and dissect it into a zip-loc bag.
Much smaller and easier to pack then. :)

Or some string and thread it so you can wear as a necklace?

I decided when I restarted in May to measure myself each month on the 16th (which was my restart day). In the last 2 months I have lost 4cms off my hips, 7 cms off my bust and 4.5cms off my waist.

I am so pleased to see it coming off my measurements :)

Went clothes shopping over the weekend, got a couple of size 16 tops but most of the things I bought were 14's :) woo hoo!! :) tried on 2 pairs of skinny jeans in 14's and they slipped on so easily :)

Better food choice this afternoon when I needed a sugary pick me up. I put the Boost down and had a banana instead!

That is awesome! *hi fives* go you, gotta love the will power.

MinkyDinky said:
After posting pics on FB of when I finished the half marathon an old work colleague sent me a message saying 'you look incredible, you're my thinspiration!'

Cue big smile all day now :) xx

Well done.

2 NSVs this morning!

1 - WI this morning and I've already shifted the gains I made whilst on 2 weeks worth of work trips so am back teetering on the brink of the 10s (whoop whoop!)
2 - One of the girls in my team at work has just come back from 3 weeks off sick and told me I look like a new woman!

Bloke at work was on site with me yesterday..
Didn't bring any food so ate chocolate from the vending machine.
Saw my porridge and fruit for breakfast and said "you don't get like me eating that"!!
To which I replied "like you how?"
"Fat!!!" came the reply..

Now he's not exactly tubby so I took that as he thought I was thinner than him!!! :D

Workmate's birthday. 'Does anybody want a bun?' I said no!

Feeling pretty virtuous alongside everyone chowing down on creme buns eclairs and custard tarts :D

Last edited:
Back