NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Ninnins - you must have felt amazing. Your loss is absolutely brilliant. Fantastic !

Shell_y and Ellebear - I have a big smile on my face for you both.

Time2beslim - you must have had a lovely warm glow and a big smile !

Maximus - I love it. I hope your female friends notice as well !!

Well done to everyone. I love reading this thread too. It just makes me smile from ear to ear. So thanks to everyone for posting. :)

I was late for work and grabbed some trousers out the wardrobe but had to find a safety pin at work as they are far too lose and were falling down!

I saw myself in a full length mirror and wasnt repulsed anymore.......i still have a way to go, but i think i have great curves now instead of blubber!!! :) huzzah! x

I brought some clothes from the 'normal' range in new look in the sale :D
Next aim - Fit into Top Shop!!

I think this is my greatest thrill too. I haven't bought in a shop as I am a charity shop devotee but I could if I wanted too. What a great feeling.

I knew I had really arrived with my weight loss when I put my jimjams on to relax and watch t.v. and the trousers fell down before I left the bedroom.

It was a laugh but I felt sooooooooo good.

Great thread !!!!!

Good stuff Sparky - time for a wardrobe rearrangement I think !

Ellebear - I have seen your photo. You are gorgeous !! Glad you can see it too :)

Sue - time for some new jimjams maybe ?!

Well done to all 3 of you.

Wow. That's fantastic. I'm sure you feel a million dollars (pounds ?!) in it :)

Gail x

although i am not long back on plan .. im still just over a stone lighter than what i was a year ago .... at the christening on sunday i met about 4 lads i used to go to school with who i havnt seen in bout a year ( i was a size 4 / 6 in school no matter what i done i could never put weight on )

anyway i seen them on sunday walked past them a good few times in the club and they never even said hello ... so after a few morgans i went over ( a bit tipsy ) jus to say hello and they said they didnt recognise me lol

last time i seen them i was bout a 16 and i had mega long nearly white blonde hair and prob a ton a make up ( i used to hide my feeling under tons of make up specially very dark eye make up :( )

one of them actually asked me out lol i obv said no as i have a bf... it made me feel really good. I was wearing a pair of horse riding style black legging and a plain black top wit a styled over cardy and very high shoes .. which i fell in later lol

but anyway rant over .... it felt good for someone else other than my bf to find me attractive enough to want to date lol xx

I had my first

'Wow, have you lost weight?'

yayyyyy!!!!

okok i know i still have a really really realllyyy long way to go but it made me feel fab! D
xxxx

i got chatted up by the chap in Tescos who was helping me pack all my shopping - he did stop when he started packing my Brides magazine - pahahahah! x

Best feeling ever - at my annual diabetes check, was told to stop taking the insulin as diet and drugs working very well.

Talk about getting your life back!

Not sure if I'll ever surpass that! - any insulin-dependent diabetic will realise the enormity of that little statement.:)

Some more great NSVs everyone :clap:

My latest one includes my boobs AGAIN :giggle:.... the bras I got about 6weeks ago were a 46E (now to big)-so I ordered myself some new ones in a 44E and as I seem to go down 2" at a time I ordered myself some 42Es... well they arrived and somehow half my order was missing (so they are refunding me) that left 1x42E and a twin pack of 44E -well one of those is damaged so has to go back for a refund :rolleyes: -so I thought I would see about the 42E and it blinkin well fits perfectly :D ... so them messing up has saved me about £50 :sign0151: -so now I need to order a couple more and a couple in a 40E for my next "shrinkage" :p
ooh ooh AND my original wedding and engagement rings now fit back on my podgy pork sausage fingers (and the replacement one hubby got me is now too big for even my thumb) :bliss:

Best feeling ever - at my annual diabetes check, was told to stop taking the insulin as diet and drugs working very well.

Talk about getting your life back!

Not sure if I'll ever surpass that! - any insulin-dependent diabetic will realise the enormity of that little statement.:)

That is the best NSV!!! Wow, I'm so impressed!! It just shows how a healthy diet and weight loss can sort out a whole load of health issues! You must be pleased as punch!!XXXXX

Hi it's me again!! Maximus has just shown a fantastic example of how a healthy diet/lifestyle can sort out, or at least improve many health concerns including diabetes! I was thinking earlier how I should really stop getting so hung up and distressed about the number on the scales and start dwelling more about the health benefits of losing weight! I don't (as far as I know, touch wood!) suffer from any serious health problems, but little things come to mind! I used to have a niggling pain in my left knee which was exacerbated when walking long distances and I was beginning to get worried! Over the past 3 or 4 months it has totally vanished (the pain not the knee!!) I also used to get terrible burning on the balls of my feet when walking in even the slightest of heels! It's totally disappeared (I thought it was just because I had rubbish feet!! Wrong!) I used to get terrible heart burn every day! Since a year ago when I started eating properly I haven't had it at all!! I dread to think what more serious complaints I would have developed if I'd carried on the way I was and not dealt with it- knee and hip problems, osteoarthritis, diabetes, stroke, hypertension, heart disease, gout, gall stones, there's a long long list!X

Last edited:
Maximum, that is fantastic. Absolutely brilliant.

Well done !!!

ooops, meant maximus. Can't type !!! :eek:

Back