NSVs - Non Scale Victories

When I went away last weekend my fella nagged me to go on the fair -I didn't want to as I was sure the bar wouldn't close down- in the end he wore me down and I agreed, we sat in the seat and the girl came along and pushed down on the bar, I breathed in as much as I could and forced myself as far back into the seat as was possible, but it was no good she couldn't fasten it and walked off to get the beefy bloke who was operating the ride, I was mortified and said to my fella, see I told you omg the shame, well I'm not waiting for him to come over, with that the ride starts up the girl had fastened the bar and it came no where near my belly :D
This is probably my fave NSV so far :clap: -I used to love the rides but always had that "oh dear god" moment as I wedged my a** into the seat and then sat praying I wasn't going to get hoofed off for being to big (thankfully I never did) -b*gger is that now I know I could go on any I chose Im not allowed to ever again *swines*
SO a huge :happy096: to you..
:happy096: on all the other NSVs too -its so inspiring to hear of the progress everyone is making:bliss:
Well we walked to the camp today -so 20mins there, played badminton for 1.5hrs and then hobbled home again -Even though I fell flat on my back like a turtle in the middle of the court and couldn't get up for laughing :p -Normally I would have been so embarrassed.
Whilst I was there I also figured out how to use the elyptical trainer thingy -I always used to jolt me knees :cry: -no-one told me you sit back a little so your heels stay down :confused: AND I went to give the rower a try as when I started I couldn't use it as I couldn't sit up straight enough to do it right :eek: -well I can now -so as of Monday I can now run on the tread mill and then go on the rower in an attempt to tone my upper bit :bliss:

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!!

I can now do the buckles up on my shoes AND BREATHE AT THE SAME TIME! :D

Had to buy some new bras!

Even when at my largest (42" bust) I kept squeezing into the same old bras. But when I realised they were "pleating" round my boobs I decided I had to get some new ones.
So I went and got measured on my last trip back to the UK.
I'm now in a 38DD - my boobs aren't that big just set wide apart (lol) hence the need for a DD.
But a 38"? I was gob-smacked.

I have a pair of size 14 River Island boyfriend fit stonewash jeans, and when I started SW I could just about get them buttoned up but had a serious muffin top going on. I knew they were fitting me again, the last time I wore them was about 8 weeks ago, so I went to throw them on today as I needed to go to the shops, and not only could I pull them on while they were still buttoned up, but I actually can't wear them anymore, they are completely falling off me :D

i had a couple of friends compliment me on my weight loss last night - and i said 'thank you' - but a little NSV fail crept in when i kept on about it was the way my clothes were layering on my body giving a slimmer illusion. WTF!!!! i wish i had just kept my mouth shut, but my 'fat' person head was there blabbing away as usual.

Sad isnt it?

Oh Ellebear what a shame your 'fat' head got in the way when you look so amazing :patback:
Next time - because there WILL be a next time ;) - take a deep breath before you answer & you will remember to ONLY say Thank you with a :D
:wavey:

I have a pair of size 14 River Island boyfriend fit stonewash jeans, and when I started SW I could just about get them buttoned up but had a serious muffin top going on. I knew they were fitting me again, the last time I wore them was about 8 weeks ago, so I went to throw them on today as I needed to go to the shops, and not only could I pull them on while they were still buttoned up, but I actually can't wear them anymore, they are completely falling off me :D
Well done Lola :) Sometimes I think it's the NSV's that count most. It's then that the weight loss makes a real difference :)

Went to the park yesterday with the kids and went on the swings! Was great fun and I haven't done it for ages cuz couldn't fit in the seats!

Also got 2 compliments on my weight loss yesterday! Woohoo!

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

Have ordered some size 10 jeans from Next (my 12's are too big!).......cant wait for them to arrive tomorrow......fingers crossed they fit!!!

Have ordered some size 10 jeans from Next (my 12's are too big!).......cant wait for them to arrive tomorrow......fingers crossed they fit!!!

I'm sure they will! Well done - it's a great feeling being able to get into the 'very slim' sizes!

I'm sure they will! Well done - it's a great feeling being able to get into the 'very slim' sizes!

Wow, check you out....you've done so well on your weight loss & we are obviously similar weights & height, so will be in the 'smaller sizes'! You are the weight I want/will get to in the next few weeks & its the best feeling in the world!

Wow, check you out....you've done so well on your weight loss & we are obviously similar weights & height, so will be in the 'smaller sizes'! You are the weight I want/will get to in the next few weeks & its the best feeling in the world!

It is the best feeling. I know a persons worth is by no means calculated by how much they weight but being 'beefy' since I broke my leg when I was 9 (so 11 years ago!) it's very very strange being smaller. Though I'm hoping to get down to 8 stone, however I think I might be a bit TOO small then. I don't want to have to be chained down on windy days :D How long has it taken you to lose 30lb? That's ALOT of weight - especially on small frys like ourselves :D

It is the best feeling. I know a persons worth is by no means calculated by how much they weight but being 'beefy' since I broke my leg when I was 9 (so 11 years ago!) it's very very strange being smaller. Though I'm hoping to get down to 8 stone, however I think I might be a bit TOO small then. I don't want to have to be chained down on windy days :D How long has it taken you to lose 30lb? That's ALOT of weight - especially on small frys like ourselves :D

I am on week 27 now, so on average just over a pound a week, which has certainly suited me. I would say out of all those weeks I've been on plan 90% of the time & if I fancied a drink, meal out, chocs etc I didn't beat myself up about it.....I have enjoyed the 'journey' (hate that word!) & plan to follow SW as part of my life style now (once at target!). I haven't been this slim for about 12 years, when I first met my husband, & its been mainly m/c's, fertility treatments, knee & neck surgeries that have made me gain over the years, with the pounds slowly going & staying on! Being rather on the 'stumpy' side, every little pound shows! But not any more......Im now buying size 10's for the first time in years!
You however have done remarkably well on losing so much weight in such a short length of time......brilliant....Im probably older than you!!!
Also, if 8 stone looks good on you go for it, just see how you feel & look.

Great NSVs everyone :flowers:

Well today I decided to try out my super duper hold it in waist nipping jobby -you know the ones....those that are supposed to hold from under your bust to your knickers nice n flat -well when I got it it was a good 6" away from meeting :eek: -no amount of pushing, pulling or prodding *even whilst lying down:giggle:* was gonna make it fit :p -so I lobbed it in a drawer -well today, not only did I put it on standing up BUT it goes on the 2nd lot of hooks :happy036: -can't say its the sexiest item of clothing but it will stay in the drawer for "emergency" wearing under my clingier dresses :p
OOOHH and hubby got another NSV bless him -he was on duty the other day and he thought his button had gone on his trousers, so he went out back to sort it out and found that they were buttoned on the tightest fitting so he has had to request new ones, even though his belt would hold the waist in he still ends up with a baggy ole a** in em :rotflmao:.
He lost another 4lbs this week (although originally he thought it was 2lbs :confused:) so now he is just 5lbs away from the slimmest he has been whilst I have known him and THAT was when he had spent 6 months in Iraq about 8 years ago...bless him, he is gob smacked :bananalove: - good job I don't mind working out his plan for him and just giving him his meals isn't it ;)

Im off to the gym in the morning -so I hope to be back to say I managed to run a little further than my 5km or that I have clocked up some distance on my first proper run in with the tread mill :cross:
Have a good night all and keep em coming :vibes:

Well Im a very lucky lady...........my DH has just told me he wants to buy me a present for my weight loss achievement as he's very proud of me! He doesn't want to buy me clothes as thats a 'girl thing' & I can go out & do that myself!
He's buying me a 3G Kindle..........what a fab prezzie & I hadn't even said I wanted one! Im an avid reader, so I think he has an alterior motive here, as he's getting fed up with all my books about! But whatever, I have the best hubby & Im compiling my list of books already!!! :D

It's great reading everyone's NSV's. It's these things that count so much towards how we feel about ourselves.

I realised today that I didn't need to stand 6 inches away from the sink to wash up :D It was an odd feeling being able to stand up properly whilst washing up. I haven't grin so much over the sink in a long time ;)

He's buying me a 3G Kindle..........what a fab prezzie & I hadn't even said I wanted one! Im an avid reader, so I think he has an alterior motive here, as he's getting fed up with all my books about! But whatever, I have the best hubby & Im compiling my list of books already!!! :D
You lucky lady. Can I borrow it? Our house is so full of books. We gave half of our collection (about 500) to the charity shop when we moved here and I think we have replaced over half of them so our bookshelves are groaning again!

Yeh....my size 10 jeans have arrived & they fit.....comfortably!!! One pair going back as I dont like the cut of them, but so chuffed!!!

I've had 1/2 a bourneville bar in my drawer at work since Thursday and I still haven't eaten it.

So, not only did I only eat 1/2 on Thursday, but the other half has been there for a whole 2 days since - how restrained am I?!

Just as well I didn't take it home with me on Friday as was properly craving chocolate yesterday !

I've had 1/2 a bourneville bar in my drawer at work since Thursday and I still haven't eaten it.

So, not only did I only eat 1/2 on Thursday, but the other half has been there for a whole 2 days since - how restrained am I?!

Just as well I didn't take it home with me on Friday as was properly craving chocolate yesterday !

I still got Xmas chocs here :) 3 selection boxes, box maltesers and drum celebrations - all unopened

Back