NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I glanced around the room via the mirror in my gym class today and didn't see an 'obviously much bigger than everyone else person' reflecing back at me. I almost looked like I fitted right in! :)

I glanced around the room via the mirror in my gym class today and didn't see an 'obviously much bigger than everyone else person' reflecing back at me. I almost looked like I fitted right in! :)

What a lovely feeling!! There's nothing worse than 'feeling' like you stick out like a sore thumb (although I'm sure other people weren't looking at you like that!) X

I had a huge pile of ironing, but decided to try on the clothes to see what still fits before starting to iron. Smaller pile of ironing, and me with a big smile on my face - result! :)

I am wearing a size 14 Next top today.

Its stretchy so i am under NO illusion - but it fits lovely.

*beam beam beam*

Tried on an old belt at the weekend - it isnt even that old, I was wearing it at the beginning of this year.

You can easily tell which notches I used to use - and you could tell it was a stretch to reach them, as they were really frayed and pulled.

Wearing that belt on those holes now - MASSIVE!!! Like, if it were to pull it taut against my waist, it sticks out about 4 inches out the front! Before it was an entirely functional belt - I had size 18 jeans that were too big (16s were too tight) so i needed a belt to hold the jeans right. Now that belt would be useless for that - its more like a fashion belt that you would wear loosely hanging down.

I'm taking it to class tonight to show off!

I am wearing a size 14 Next top today.

Its stretchy so i am under NO illusion - but it fits lovely.

*beam beam beam*

Fab NSV EB... love it! xx

We have had summer dress down for the past 6 weeks at work, today is first day of normal business wear. I've got a trouser suit on today that I purchased in May. I will only get a few weeks wear out of the jacket (getting rather baggy) and trousers - well - I've had to put on a safety pin to pull the waistband in so they didn't fall down this morning LOL !! Love it! Hubby is now bracing himself for much needed retail therapy (he can't complain thou as he is doing SW as well with me !)

Dear Mods, please can this be a sticky??? I asked when I first posted but I appreciate it takes a while to see if a thread is worthy of being made a sticky. Gven all the lovely posts that it's received I think it would be fab if it could be?? xxx

Dear Mods, please can this be a sticky??? I asked when I first posted but I appreciate it takes a while to see if a thread is worthy of being made a sticky. Gven all the lovely posts that it's received I think it would be fab if it could be?? xxx

Exactly!!!! mods - you know it makes sense....xxxx

....because it's worth it...!

i got my first "you look great have you lost weight?" comment today :D:D from an ex boyfriend who then went on to ask if i wanted to go for a drink after work!! i have spent the rest of the day grinning like a crazy lady!! ahhhhh i love NSVs!! xx

Just had tea at hubby's golf club (rump steak, jacket & salad washed down with a syn'd G&T). Started a chat with the lovely waitress who had lost weight with WW, but had but some back on. She and friend looking for a new weight loss programme. Told her about extra easy plan which she had not heard of and....tomorrow she is looking on SW website & is looking to join a class with friend near to where she lives. Result and a nice NSV for not only me but her too I hope!! Will catch up with her next week to see how she has got on.

Here, my lovely ladies, is that something I just realised is a HUGE NSV for me!

A partial list of foods I managed to avoid at a party!!!
- Fingers
- Jammie Dodgers
- Malted milk biscuits topped with chocolate
- Chocolate cupcakes topped with chocolate and smarties and/or sugary jellybabies
- Samosas
- Pakoras
- Chocolate birthday cake topped with fresh cream and chocolate buttons
- Carrot dessert (gajar ka halva) made with lots of full fat milk, cream, and sugar
- Trifle
- Rice pudding
- Fanta
- Sprite

A complete list of foods I ate at the party!!!
- Date (2.5 syns)
- Watermelon, banana, grapes, tangerine
- Cucumber, lettuce, beansprout, tomato, yellow pepper, green pepper and sugar snap pea salad
- Chicken kebab (1 syn)
- Lamb curry (2 syns) with naan (2 syns)
- Pepsi Max

Avoided the desserts by getting busy with the tidying up in the kitchen! And then when cake time came, I volunteered to cut it up and dish it out, so no one knew if I had any! Treated myself to some of BritMum's squidgy chocolate cake when I got home though ;) All within syns of course! :p xxx

Wowzers 1010 (now 9 5.5 lol!) You did brilliantly there!! It's very easy to imagine oneself eating all the healthy things at parties, but another thing when it's actual all there infront of your eyes!! Shows a lot of motivation and determination and I bet the feelings of pride and saintliness were well worth it! Infact it all sounds really yummy so you were doing yourself a big favour! It's a really great idea to keep busy so as to avoid all the naughties! We have a lot of dos in our village hall and I always work behind the bar because it keeps me busy and it's great fun!x

My NSV is feeling like the old me! I've got back into all my pre-baby clothes and am doing my hair and make-up again so that people do notice me! No more fading into the background! I want to step out from behind the pushchair instead of using it as a 'invisibility' shield! onwards and downwards ;) :p

Back