NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Iv had so many friend comment on how i just seem to be shrinking and they can see how much iv lost makes me so happy especially when my mum says how well iv done she really keeps me going.
Also buying a size 12 top the other day and my size 16 trousers getting baggy! There was a time when i couldnt even get a size 16 up my legs.
Its so nice to go into a shop and not have to really hunt for a size 20 :)

I love this thread such a good read. Well done ladies xx

I was chatting to a new girl at work and got onto talking about weight (as we girls do!!) I told her that in October I was a size 20 (now a 14!) and she told me she was shocked and couldn't imagine that because I'm so slim!! I nearly wet myself!!! X

Flicking through this month's magazine I noticed that the cover girl (Hollie) weighs about the same as me, although she's an inch taller. So I asked OH if he thought I was the same size as her and he said......

....."No, you're slimmer than her!" Whoop whoop!

Now I don't think Hollie is the skinniest minnie in the world (and I sometimes question the magazine's choice of outfits, as they're not always the most flattering styles) but I am still pretty chuffed, as I find it really hard to visualise the new me. Some days I feel slim and love trying on clothes in front of the mirror - combinations, skirt lengths and looks I'd never have worn before. Other days I still feel fat , though I know I probably look the same all the time.

So, time to shift those last 3 stubborn little kilos.....

Just had a very nice comment from a male (!) work colleague who's back in office today after 2 week holiday..."just how much more weight are you going to loose then....you will be a waif soon" (and at the time I was munching into my lunch - jacket potato, melted l/f cheese, ham with salad!!). Woo hoo!

i love having a NSV lol todays one was meeting up with friends who i havnt seen since i started SW 8 weeks ago.....the comment...."omg how much weight have you lost?" i have only lost 10lb so far and still have a way to go but i was on cloud 9 for the rest of day with their comments lol

A new lady joined our gym and we got chatting and she mentioned that "skinny, fit girls in lycra" like me made her feel uncomfortable. I was really upset for her and told her all about my previous size, and what a brave move it is to step though the gym doors, but secretly inside I was bursting that someone considered me a skinny, fit gym girl!

I bought size 16 jeans today :eek: And they're actually a little loose!! Gonna need a belt :p Would have got the 14's, but they were a little too tight to wear straight away and I need them for next weekend. Still rather shocked! Don't think I've ever owned a size 16 anything in my adult life and now I have a top and some jeans :eek:

I saw my ex boyfriend who I haven't seen in like a year who just couldn't get over how good I looked, he kept telling me that I was 1/2 the girl I was before and I looked stunning... I haven't grinned that huge in AGES!

And I went to frightfest, and managed to only put on 1.5lbs even though I was surrounded by pizza slices, nachos and chocolate I managed to only indulge occasionally so I'm chuffed with how SW is a part of me if you know what I mean. =)

wow, you are all doing great guys! :D

i feel kinda embarrassed about my NSV now since mine was that despite only losing 4 pounds since i rejoined two weeks ago, i've lost 2 1/2 inches off my thighs and they aren't rubbing together whenever i walk anymore. pain free is my way to be. :eek:

Just popped out to Matalan in my lunch break to buy new work stuff, as all my gear is too big.

Everything I bought was size 12!!!!!!:D

The top I happened to be wearing today is from the same range, and less than a year old and is size 18, so that shows how exciting it is for me to be buying size 12s.

I even bought a new swimming costume - thinking of utilising the hotel swimming pools when I'm on honeymoon next month. Maybe I'll even venture into the gyms - would never have considered that before!

oooohhh Lovely NSVs everyone :happy096:

I have a couple to add :D
I had my Gym induction the week before last and now LOVE the gym -probably helped by the fact its on camp so is rather quiet and those that are there are generally squaddies :p -I went 3 times last week :thankyouthankyou: -I have been once this week and Im now sat here patiently waiting for hubby to get home so we can go again :D. I have NEVER been to a gym before now and I really don't care that Im the biggest one there :bliss:.... I won't be for long if I have my way :p ----oooh and super bonus is that the Gym is FREE :happy036:
ooh ohh -AND I have ordered a sports bra - which is a NSV in its self as Its the 1st time I have been able to get one in my size :D -ok -so I don't have much choice in my size -BUT at least I can get something to keep my "assets" under control :rotflmao:
Keep up the great work folks..this thread is sooo motivational .....

I've lost another 3 inches this month! That's 30.5 inches overall in total - nearly the same as the amount of pounds I've lost! I feel good! xxx

I have another to add i know it probably doesnt sound much but i cant believe a few more lbs to lose then i will be 10stn!!!!!! Once i get to 10stn ill really be excited as ill only have another stone to lose before ill hit my target of 9 stone. Very exciting!!

Slimmingmummy...I am with you on that one. I had a NSV today at work with someone who I have not seen for a few weeks comment on how well I am looking plus (and sorry, know this is not the right thread but I am so chuffed) just got back from WI and I've lost another 1lb and got my Club 10 award tonight! Woo hoo!. Just half pound to say goodbye to the 10stn's for me and I can't honestly believe it. I have struggled with my weight for so many years, joined SW end of March with hubby, and look at us now (he's lost 1st 12lbs). We are so comfortable with the SW way of life and just wished we had started it years ago. It's changed the way we look at food and will be just our way of life from now on.

I had no less than 3 comments about my weight loss today (went to an office I hadn't been for a few weeks). General concenus was that I must have "dropped at least a couple of dress sizes"

I have.:D 22 - 16ish.

I then decided to syn everyone's lunch and made myself v. unpopular! :D

I love reading these! Makes me realise how great slimming world is, i love hearing compliments about my weight i lost another 2lbs today and my friend who i saw 2 weeks ago told me how nice i look now and iv only lost 3lbs since i last saw her lol
Iv never been big just a size 12 until i had children then i just seemed to get bigger and bigger by eating way to much. Cant wait to be a 12 again. x

Went shopping today, and came across two lovely dresses. One looked quite stretchy, so picked up a 12, but the other was a fitted dress with no give so I picked up both a 12 and 14. I've been inbetween sizes, so with non-stretchy clothes I still have to get size 14s because of my boobs and hips.

The stretchy dress in a 12 was lovely... and so was the fitted dress! :D
Then, I caught myself in one of the mirrors near all the rails on the shop floor, and it's the first time I've done a double take at myself. I couldn't believe the slim person in the mirror was me.

A really happy, NSV filled day for me today!

I couldn't believe the slim person in the mirror was me.

oh that is wonderful hun. we usually are the last people to notice a change about ourselves.:D

Back