NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I saw my ex boyfriend who I haven't seen in like a year who just couldn't get over how good I looked, he kept telling me that I was 1/2 the girl I was before and I looked stunning... I haven't grinned that huge in AGES!

And I went to frightfest, and managed to only put on 1.5lbs even though I was surrounded by pizza slices, nachos and chocolate I managed to only indulge occasionally so I'm chuffed with how SW is a part of me if you know what I mean. =)

WOW, such a tiny gain for a brill time!

Saw my ex last week, the general consensus was gooooooood ;) :p xxx

Just popped out to Matalan in my lunch break to buy new work stuff, as all my gear is too big.

Everything I bought was size 12!!!!!!:D

The top I happened to be wearing today is from the same range, and less than a year old and is size 18, so that shows how exciting it is for me to be buying size 12s.

I even bought a new swimming costume - thinking of utilising the hotel swimming pools when I'm on honeymoon next month. Maybe I'll even venture into the gyms - would never have considered that before!

Happy honeymooning! Happy wedding first though?! Congrats ;) I think when I go back to uni I'm gonna spend most of the first few days going into each shop in town and trying on smaller sizes for the hell of it :p LOL freshers go out and get drunk, second years go out and gush over themselves in the mirror ;) xxx

Went shopping today, and came across two lovely dresses. One looked quite stretchy, so picked up a 12, but the other was a fitted dress with no give so I picked up both a 12 and 14. I've been inbetween sizes, so with non-stretchy clothes I still have to get size 14s because of my boobs and hips.

The stretchy dress in a 12 was lovely... and so was the fitted dress! :D
Then, I caught myself in one of the mirrors near all the rails on the shop floor, and it's the first time I've done a double take at myself. I couldn't believe the slim person in the mirror was me.

A really happy, NSV filled day for me today!

Lovely! :D So chuffed for you, it's a wonderful feeling! I love walking back from WI because there are so many shop windows I can check the reflection of my ass out in ;) xxx

I do love this thread, and can almost feel the happy vibes pouring off the page!
Well done to all and can't wait to post my own nsv

Sorry, 10st10lb,
As I go to my Nurse at the dr's to be weighed, i'm the only one in my "class"!

I've got a new one!!! I bought a pair of size 14 River Island jeans 10 years ago (before the weight really started creeping up on me) but I was never actually able to get into them. I bought them in denial! They have had the label on them all these years. I really really loved these jeans and they were the one thing I kept in hope of getting into them one day ( I nearly gave them away on several occasions but something held me back!) Each time I have tried them on they have been completely too small! This morning I thought to myself "Hmmm, I wonder!!" and low and behold, on they went! They're a little tight around the middle and they induce a (now smaller) muffin top, but they certainly fit! I am over the moon about this because I am the smallest I've been in 10 whole years!! And River Island don't do the most generous sizing!X

I awarded myself for dedication, losing 12lbs, being 90% good all month, and because I love stickers!!!!

I've got a new one!!! I bought a pair of size 14 River Island jeans 10 years ago (before the weight really started creeping up on me) but I was never actually able to get into them. I bought them in denial! They have had the label on them all these years. I really really loved these jeans and they were the one thing I kept in hope of getting into them one day ( I nearly gave them away on several occasions but something held me back!) Each time I have tried them on they have been completely too small! This morning I thought to myself "Hmmm, I wonder!!" and low and behold, on they went! They're a little tight around the middle and they induce a (now smaller) muffin top, but they certainly fit! I am over the moon about this because I am the smallest I've been in 10 whole years!! And River Island don't do the most generous sizing!X

Way to go Heather! River Island are certainly small with their sizes so you've done remarkably well to get into those jeans!

My NSV is that I put a pair of denim long shorts on that are a size 18 and they fell down onto the floor even though they were done up. Good job it didn't happen when I was out and about! Hurrah for NSVs!

For the 1st time EVER I have been able to partipate in the throw away fashion trend called Primark - i even got a pj set size 16-18 and it fits :D Not worn anything even near a size 16 for 15 years :D

For the 1st time EVER I have been able to partipate in the throw away fashion trend called Primark - i even got a pj set size 16-18 and it fits :D Not worn anything even near a size 16 for 15 years :D

Yey! way to go hun. LOL gotta love primark, i got a shirt from there last week. haven't worn it yet though, gonna wear it for next weigh in since it's so light. ;)

Way to go Heather! River Island are certainly small with their sizes so you've done remarkably well to get into those jeans!

My NSV is that I put a pair of denim long shorts on that are a size 18 and they fell down onto the floor even though they were done up. Good job it didn't happen when I was out and about! Hurrah for NSVs!

That's a brilliant feeling isn't it!! This is one of the best threads in a long time because we can get so hung up about the number on those scales (says the 'weighin lady' lol!) it's refreshing to celebrate all the other important things that make losing weight so worthwhile and exciting!X

I had a tear in my eye yesterday - well, it was actually Friday- I bought a leather jacket (size 16) 5 years ago - usual thing - to slim into ! Never did slim into and leather, until it stretches and shapes to YOU is usually on the small side anyway.

WELL - I got into that jacket on Friday - it does up and I can breathe whoo hoo.

i just got back from London and drove to the chippy with my Fiance.....he has bought Pie, Chips and curry sauce, and i am here eating a Kelloggs Fibre Plus bar..

*polish that halo*

.....oh yeah.......... *does a dance*

x

This is one of the best threads in a long time because we can get so hung up about the number on those scales (says the 'weighin lady' lol!) it's refreshing to celebrate all the other important things that make losing weight so worthwhile and exciting!X

Spot on Heather. Well done everyone on your fabulous NSVs!

Couple for me...went away to see mine and my boyfriends family at the weekend and thought I should get some new pjs. got some in my usual size and they are massive. I reckon my boyfriend could literally get in them with me. also went to a party with my family down in Wales that I haven't seen in 3 or 4 months and as soon as I saw them they were all amazed at how much id lost. it was such a great feeling as I haven't really noticed a change so being told I looked 'slim' and 'skinny' words which I've never been described as felt amazing

I wanted a dress for my friend's wedding anniversary party and went into Matalan to "look" at them. My mum picked out a size 20 wrap dress and persuaded me to try it on, well I did and it looked good plus it was actually too big. I have been so chuffed since then and lost another 2.5lbs tonight so I am so glad I got my arse into gear and joined Slimming World.

Back