NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I know it's not as impressive as a long run, and we were able to take our time, but I feel I've really achieved something!X
22 miles is a very long walk and you should feel proud, however long it took. It's just as good for you as a run and less strain on your joints. I don't believe running is all it's cracked up to be - and I hate it :D

Went back to uni today - hadn't seen most of my class since May and so got lots of lovely comments about weight loss and looking good. :)

I got two:
1)The other day went out in the car (a rarity in itself as I prefer to walk everywhere these days!) and realised that rather then spilling over the edges of the passenger seat, I now seat comfortably within the raised sides!
2)Went to see an in-law I haven't seen I got married 6 months ago, noticed she looks me up and down, then 10 mins after the catch-ups the inevitable question and how I did it. She's now planning to join up after her holiday :p

I measured myself today and I've lost 2in off my hips, 2in off my bust and 2.5in off my waist. Nothing off my thighs though, they're being stubborn. No wonder I can get all my trousers on and off without undoing them :)

I am wearing(and can breathe in AND bend over in!!) a pair of jeans that I couldn't even get half way up my thighs before I started SW :D:D:D:D:D:D <-- my face right now!

I am wearing(and can breathe in AND bend over in!!) a pair of jeans that I couldn't even get half way up my thighs before I started SW :D:D:D:D:D:D <-- my face right now!

woo hoo!!! well done x

My new trousers for work which were way too tight about 3 weeks ago now fit me! Granted they are still tight, but they are done up properly and stuff whereas they wouldn't before :D

Thank God for that as our new uniform launches on Monday!!

whooooopppeeeee doooooo :

new work trousers (ok they are the ones with the elastic half way round the back waistband) but a size 12 !!!!!!!

AND I bought a pair of 'rigid' straight leg jeans in a size 16 and they fit lovely.

I am well chuffed. Although I don't seem to have anything to wear now - my works blouses are hanging off me - but they're threatening a new uniform and would have to buy the smaller ones myself - so don't want to do that. Might see if I can put a few 'darts' in the ones I have and take them in by a couple of inches.

Well done to everyone else. Exciting isn't it.

Gilly

went shopping at Bicester Village yesterday - managed to get some size 16 stuff in Designer brands - which i love, as they usually come up too small for me - and now they fit - hoooorrrrah!

also MIL (to be) and FIL (to be) both said i looked really well - and asked am i still doing SW? - bless them!

*beam*

Great stories, keep them coming! My NSV is a weird one. You know how sometimes you lose pounds. And sometimes you don't lose pounds but lose inches. Well I haven't really lost either in a dramatic fashion recently but I am starting to feel slimmer and like I have less padding everywhere. I'm not saying I'm a bag of bones but I can definitely feel collarbones, see more definition in my back etc. And I love it and want more!!

I bought a Boden size 16 skirt from ebay and its fits lovely (even after my binge weekend!). Prior to SW, some of their size 20 stuff was too small and so I wouldn't buy as I didn't want to admit to being a size 22.

When I fit comfortably in a Boden 14, my SW work will be done. :)

Today for the first time in 4 years i have brought some size 14 trousers!! Also my top half is now a size 12!!! I am so happy. Also iv had more compliments on my weight loss makes me feel really proud of myself. x

Yayy some great stories!! Still loving this thread!! Had a NSV yesterday! I hadn't seen my brother-in-law and his gf for ages (about 7 or 8 months!) and popped over a pressie for their little boy (our nephew!) They both said they couldn't get over how much weight I'd lost and that I looked fantastic! It gave me a real buzz particularly because neither of them give out compliments easily so this meant even more! It's lovely when you see someone you haven't seen for ages because it reminds you how far you've come! Although I know I've lost 57.5 lb I don't notice the difference that much in the mirror because I see myself every day!

i went dress shopping on sunday and picked up a size 18 dress from coast i got it zipped all the way up but it was way too tight so was feeling really down until...... i looked at the label and realised it was a size 16:) it was a one off as im not in 16's yet but to get that dress zipped up made my day :):):)

Can I join in?

I gained 1lb last week but after measuring my waist. I had lost 2.5" in that week!!!! and also managed to get into some size 22 jeans that a friend gave me whereas before I have been wearing a 26. Granted they were elastic at the back so probably more like a 24 but I'm still happy at that and on the plus side, I lost 4.5lb this week :D:D:D

Tobii xx

Someone just gave me a rep comment but as it was anon I can't thank them personally, so am just leaving a message here as it was on this thread, so thankyou whoever you are :D

I had an increased sense of inner confidence during a management meeting yesterday (with good results) and I have noticed that generally I feel more confident about my place in the world.

I reckon that is to do with being in control of my weight and food.

Today I got told by one of the mums at school "You've lost too much now!"

I havent, I could stand another stone or more, but it was nice to know she thinks I look thin and um... gaunt oh...wait...

Anyway... Yay!

Back