NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Just started a new job so after having all summer off, I've had to drag out all the smart trousers again.

Caught sight of myself in the mirror yesterday and noticed with horror that my trousers were practically hanging off my backside - like they do on superskinny folks with no bums to fill them! Started to ponder on whether I needed to stop losing weight, even though I'm nowhere near target, then it dawned on me - I've gone down to a 12 in trousers!! Absolutely stunned, I honestly never thought I'd be less than a 14 no matter how much weight I lost!

I did a reading at a friend's wedding the other week and one of her relatives told me that they didn't recognise me at first because i'd lost so much weight :)

For the first time in my life I'm wearing JEANS today! A lovely miniminer sent me some clothes in the summer with a pair of jeans which wouldn't quite fit me, I tried them on today and not only do they fit but I can sit down in them quite comfortably too. Exciting times for me, quite normal for others I expect.:rolleyes: I have to say my husbands reaction was rather good too. :giggle:

Here's one thing I never thought I'd hear again...

21months ago, i had to buy all my clothes online... Not a chance of finding anything on the high street.

Today - i got told if i wanted those trousers in that size - i'd have to order them from their website as they don't stock that many at that small a size.

All i wanted was a cheap pair of work trousers for work in a size 32s (has to be cheap - i often spend time in a warehouse or crawling under people's desks so often get either extremely dirty or caught on things, and i'm blowed if i'm spending good money if that's the case).

Did have a hunt around town though and found a nice pair of trousers originally marked at £150 for £25 (it was an outlet shop though). Very tempting if totally unsuitable for work.

I just love this thread. I have read almost all the way through and it is fantastic.

Well done to everyone who has posted because no matter how big or small your weight loss/size loss has been it's obviously been significant enough for you to feel proud and post here. And thank you to everyone who has posted for helping to motivate and inspire me to keep going.

Gail x

I had to buy a new belt today because my old ones didn't go tight enough and I spent all day yesterday hitching up my baggy-bum jeans! Bought an L and not an XL too! Yay!!! :D

I had one today and it made me feel so good, my colleague come into the office and went oh its you! Proceeding to say that he saw me opening the office and didnt recognise who I was and said I have lost loads of weight!! I beamed with delight especially as I have only lost 6lbs in two weeks! If people can notice it now it makes me strive to lose more and more and have more NSV's!

I had 2 separate comments today from people at work who asked if I'd lost weight because it was really noticeable. They are the first people who have noticed without being told so I was really proud. I've only lost 18lbs and have a fairly long way to go but it made me feel really good :)

Gail x

I had a pretty ucky day at work yesterday and was feeling pretty low :cry: I had to stop for petrol on the way home and there was a queue to pay........ right alongside the chocolate display :eek:

It took all my strength not to reach out and pick something up, but I didnt :D

I waited until I got home 1 hour later and had my fibre-plus bar with a coffee :D

Oh, and I also decided that it really was time to stop wearing my size 30 jeans as they are soooooo not comfortable and look like clown pants - new jeans ordered and on their way !!!!!

Some more lovely NSVs going on ..well done everyone :happy096:
My latest is an odd one ..but it made me :D non the less...
I have just been into the attic..we have one of those fold down wooden ladders attatched to the lid -well, anyway I went scuttling up there (thats a first too as I normally tippytoe) -then realised there was something missing :confused:-so when I came down again I listened and NO, not a single creak was to be heard -I even bounced just to check :giggle:-normally when I venture up there I swear you can hear them screaming "for god sake get off" ....

Thanks Shell_y. I appreciate the comments :)

Gail x

:woohoo:

Those new jeans that i had ordered arrived last night - I ordered size 26 thinking that they would be too tight now but in a few weeks I would be ok..... blow me if they dont fit perfectly :eek:

Blimey, this SW lark really works :D

I put them on last night and was strutting round the house muttering "size 26.... blumin size 26 !!!!!!" Made me feel 10 feet tall which is an odd feeling as i am only just over 5 foot!

Last time I wore size 26 was probably near to 10 years ago :eek::eek::eek: oh well, heres to getting into size 24!

im off on a hispanic society bar crawl tonight and i had to go pick up my tshirt this afternoon.... they had no larges left, so i got a medium... and IT FITS!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D ahhhh first time ever i have been a medium in anything!!

yippeee for SW!!! xx

great NSV's everyone.

Mine is that the chair in my office is now not digging painfully into my hips. i can't wait for the day when i can sit in any chair and not worry about the pain..

Mine's from yesterday, but a colleague of mine said that I'd done so well and looked so great I should be on the cover of the SW magazine! :D

Still have 15lbs to go, but that'll make me a slinky size 8! :)

I just managed to get through a birthday tea for my 6 year old daughter without eating a single thing!
The table was full of cupcakes/iced gems/ giant buttons/pizza/cocktail sausages etc etc etc but I amazingly stayed strong.I didn't even have any bday cake!
Sitting here now with a low alcohol wine spritzer feeling very content :) x

I was at a large conference yesterday and felt brave enough to stick my hand up and ask questions of the panel. I've not felt confident enough to do that at those sort of events before (silly I know). I'm pretty sure its thanks to feeling so great due to weight loss.

This is kind of a wee victory well for me anyway. I have finally been able to ditch my seat belt extension in the car. Yey! I feel a little more normal now. Though still a long way to go.

Back