NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I'm wearing size 18 jeans from M&S! Yay me!

I brought some 'super skinny' jeans - and they look rather good even if I say so myself, and I found some size 16 deniem shorts in Dorethy Perkins which fit very nicely in a 16. Absolutely loved going in to shops knowing I could fit in to their clothes (excluding H n M and Top Shop trousers!). After being 'plus size for most of my life, at least since I was 17, it was a tad overwhelming and spent 4 x my budget... oopsy .....

I bought a load of new clothes in the Sainsbury's sale yesterday in an 18!! Never thought I'd see the day again, it must be almost 10 years since I've been below a 20. Well done to everyone looking good in their new outfits!

Firstly can I just say that I love this thread!! My NSVs are that I can get my rings back on :) Also I got into my size 16 denim hotpants for the first time in a loooong time! I had a muffin top issue going on but hey I fastened them :) I want to be a size 14 with no muffin top so got some way to go .

My latest NSV: I've been on the prowl for a coat for winter that's pretty damn cheap that I won't necessarily be able to wear next year! I found one today in Tesco in a size 12, I repeat a size 12 that actually fits nicely!! OK I'm not going to get too excited and pretend it's Chanel, or Jane Norman size 12, but I'm very very chuffed considering last year I was shopping for size 20! Lovely feeling that's made my day!!X

My latest NSV: I've been on the prowl for a coat for winter that's pretty damn cheap that I won't necessarily be able to wear next year! I found one today in Tesco in a size 12, I repeat a size 12 that actually fits nicely!! OK I'm not going to get too excited and pretend it's Chanel, or Jane Norman size 12, but I'm very very chuffed considering last year I was shopping for size 20! Lovely feeling that's made my day!!X

Wow! that is some NSV. I can't imagine getting into a size 12 myself (but maybe this time next year I'll be posting a similar thing) Well done on your amazing weight loss.

I can't wait til people start noticing my weight loss. It makes the sacrifices well worth it.

It won't be long hun! Some people seem to be more perceptive and tuned in than others about people's weight I find! It wasn't for a good stone and a half before most people really started noticing mine! It is a lovely feeling, but watch the ones that say "Oooh you don't want to lose any more!!" Those are the enemy lol!!X

PS note same height and similar start weight! But very different start DATE!X

NSV :D:D:D:D

Went to mums house today whinging about how my size 18 coat is like a lampshade on ngme since losing 2 stone & she told me she'd just bought a new one from Asda and encouraged me to try it on - In the end I went for it..and o..m..g, fitted, no elastic it fits, it actually fits !! Size 14 xx

Anyway heres a pic bit embarrassed as dont like my pics up much but heck here goes ;-) xxx

progress.jpg

major nsv for me today :)
my daughter was going to someones house for tea after school,havent seen the mother for a while and was delighted when she said "i have to ask,im not being rude but have you lost a lot of weight?"

over the moon as it came from someone who hadnt seen me for ages and had no idea what i was doing :)

NSV :D:D:D:D

Went to mums house today whinging about how my size 18 coat is like a lampshade on ngme since losing 2 stone & she told me she'd just bought a new one from Asda and encouraged me to try it on - In the end I went for it..and o..m..g, fitted, no elastic it fits, it actually fits !! Size 14 xx​

Anyway heres a pic bit embarrassed as dont like my pics up much but heck here goes ;-) xxx​

progress.jpg

Congrats!! It's a lovely feeling isn't it!! And the coat looks amazing! There's a similar one in Principles for £100 so I think you're onto a winner there!!! And what a difference in you! You look fab!XXXX

Does this count? -

Being told 'you can sit here if you like babe' by a construction worker as he points to his lap while I look for a seat in a crowded foodcourt.

...? :eek:

hahahahaha!!! oh arent you the lucky girlie!
yes it most definately counts!

did you take him up on his most kind offer?? lol!

I bought an outfit from the Per Una range today!! Woohoo! Haven't worn anything from that range for about 6 years! (OK, so they are now doing up to a 22, compared to an 18 last time I looked, but I did have to ask the assistant to get me a 20 instead of a 22!):D

Laid in bed this morning, and I could feel my hip bones. Don't think I've felt them since I was about 10 years old lol!
Fet very weird!!

Pretty good NSV for me today. One of the main goals I had was to get back into old clothes that I bought the last time I lost a lot of weight (pre DD2) and today while looking for something else I found two pairs of trousers, one a fairly rigid pair of combat pants and one pair of really nice soft cords, both a 14. The rigid combat pants were never "comfortably" on the first time I used them, even at my lightest.

I get into both comfortably. So thats them back in circulation :D They were the smallest of my old things I couldnt wear so now I can have a good clear out of the too big stuff and make space for the smaller stuff. Hurray!

Pretty good NSV for me today. One of the main goals I had was to get back into old clothes that I bought the last time I lost a lot of weight (pre DD2) and today while looking for something else I found two pairs of trousers, one a fairly rigid pair of combat pants and one pair of really nice soft cords, both a 14. The rigid combat pants were never "comfortably" on the first time I used them, even at my lightest.

I get into both comfortably. So thats them back in circulation :D They were the smallest of my old things I couldnt wear so now I can have a good clear out of the too big stuff and make space for the smaller stuff. Hurray!

hurrah!!! well done hun xxx

It won't be long hun! Some people seem to be more perceptive and tuned in than others about people's weight I find! It wasn't for a good stone and a half before most people really started noticing mine! It is a lovely feeling, but watch the ones that say "Oooh you don't want to lose any more!!" Those are the enemy lol!!X

PS note same height and similar start weight! But very different start DATE!X

Hey, you've done really well...can't wait til I get to my target weight. You're nearly there. I'm giving myself a year to do it, then hopefully I can relax a little.

I think like most people though I want it off NOW! But I'm just carrying on in the hope my body decides that a 4lb a week loss is normal lol. As if x

Back