NSVs - Non Scale Victories

i was goin to a charity boxing night on sunday with my sister and mum and i had nothing to wear ... so my sister ( who is skinnier than me ) said i should borrow her dress its really tight and i tried it on a few weeks ago and couldnt get it zipped up the back

but i got it on :) and it was still a bit loose! :) yay i havnt lost much weight but ive lost alot of inches which ive toned up by using my hula hoop :)

yay

I tried on some jeans in Matalan today, but didnt buy the first pair I tried as they were too big, tried the next size down and they were still too big! I was on my lunch break so didnt have time to try the next size down.

According to Matalan sizing size 10s are too big.

SIZE 10s ARE TOO BIG FOR ME!!!! :eek:

Even as a kid I dont remember getting anything size 10, I can only really remember jumping straight from age ranged clothes to about size 12 or 14.

(Of course I am now fully convinced that everything in Matalan is wrongly sized as that cant possibly be correct, but I'm still enjoying it)

Wore some running trousers to WI and didn't feel a freak. My legs don't look too bad.

This thread is fab - I love reading all of the NSV's!

I had my first one yesterday. When I started going to the gym 3 months ago (before starting sw), I felt I had to wear giant support pants under my gym kit as my belly just looked so awful. 2 months solid at the gym did nothing to rectify this for me. Last night I went back there for the first time in a month, and following 3 weeks on sw, and I no longer need the support pants, yay! I didn't think there would be that big of a difference yet, but it's definitely noticeable to me (if no-one else!) x

My nsv is sticking to sw today despite it being my fourth day of not smoking! Just ate a vat of sw lasagna mind. lol

My jeans are now too big :eek:) YAY
I hate shopping :eek:( BOO
lol
I often read posts where the poster says they hate shopping for clothes. All I can say is, wait until you see the results of your weightloss and there'll be no stopping you! I used to hate clothes shopping because I couldn't find anything to fit. Now I can't go into a shop without trying something on - and I'm still so amazed when a size 10 fits that I just have to buy it. It's costing me a fortune :D

People are starting to ask me if I've lost weight (1 stone 1 pound loss) and I bought some very high waisted very tight shorts (sounds gross but very pretty and flattering!!)from Primark and normally would have to have got a size 18, and a size 16 has actually got loads of room!

DSCF0105.jpg

For the first time in, well ever, I don't think I look too bad!

Just got to sort the rest of my life out now.

You look great Chris - well done!

Gorgeous dress - you look fab! Well done x

Cheers for all the lovely comments, it's a confidence booster and has put a rare smile on my face.

dudette, if your weight details are current, all that's left for me to say is wow. You look less of a woman than I would have guessed! :D

Meant in a nice (less of you, not you don't look womanly) way of course.

Back