NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Cheers for all the lovely comments, it's a confidence booster and has put a rare smile on my face.

dudette, if your weight details are current, all that's left for me to say is wow. You look less of a woman than I would have guessed! :D

Meant in a nice (less of you, not you don't look womanly) way of course.

:8855: Thankyou! The stats are current :) Black hides a multitude of sins (or syns!) mind you! :D

Go everybody - NSVs rock! xx

Dudette ..... Sian hunny, you look aboslutely stunning ... i mean it, truly gorgeous .... You should most certainly wear a dress more often ....and look at those pins **pwwwittt phwoooooo** x x

Dudette ..... Sian hunny, you look aboslutely stunning ... i mean it, truly gorgeous .... You should most certainly wear a dress more often ....and look at those pins **pwwwittt phwoooooo** x x

Awww, thank you hun! That's a lovely thing to say! My legs aren't too bad up to the knees...it's from there onwards that is problematic, lol! :8855: xxx

I speak merely the truth ;) ...... i have to do the "dress" thing soon as well ... lol ... haven`t found any i like yet though. Going for a girlie shop with a friend of mine on saturday ... so you may yet see me showing off the legs too lolol x

Yesterday I was in Lush and the manager came over to say hello and was stunned that it was me, lol! I haven't seen her in over a year and she said she recognised my Mum but didn't know who it was with her :eek:
She said I look amazing and that I have inspired her to stop Atkins and look in to Slimming World :D

And today an old school friend, who I last saw about 2yrs ago very briefly at a press event, started working at my vets and the first thing he said was "Have you lost weight?!" and then congratulated me on my new job-where he also works :p

Feeling rather smug :giggle:

Chris - well done. You look great and obviously feeling great !

Sian - Wow !!! Agree with previous comments about the fantastic legs :)

Cheekychinchilla - brilliant. Those kind of comments give you a boost and are what spur you on to keep going. And fantastic losses so far. You must be so proud.

Well done everyone and thanks for posting.

Gail x

Well Done everyone on their NSV you all are doing so well!!!!!

I didnt get a chance to go to get weighed yesterday but i did have some NSV's :party0011: .
I am being bridemaid for my best friend and my other 2 best friends are being bridesmaids as well they are both size 12!! SO i feel huge beside them in my size 18's lol!! But we went last night to get measured. Now anyone who has got married or been a bridesmaid knows these dresses are often ordered 1- 2 sizes bigger depending on the designer. When i was bridesmaid for my sister in June my dress was a size 24. This time my Bridesmaid dress is a 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so shocked lol!!! When i had the dress on my friends were like omg look at the weight you have lost.
I love hearing it cause it kinda confirms that all ur hard work is paying off!!!!

Went for a much needed bra fitting today. Went in wearing a 34G, which I knew was certainly too big in the cup if nowhere else. The fitting lady says straight away that it's too big on the back, and comes in with a new one to try. Straight away, 'Even that one's still too big' she says. 'What size is that one?' I ask. '30H' she replies...

So I've gone from a 34 back to a 28 :O don't think I've worn a 28 back since I very first started wearing bras!!

Still disappointed that my cup size has gone up, not down though. Even harder to get the nice pretty bras I want in a 28H!!

Then went for a meal wearing my new bra (with other clothes on top, obviously...), and within the first half hour, two people had commented that I'm looking very slim, and have I lost weight - so I guess it's true that a well fitted bra makes a world of difference to your figure!!

Oh, your post made me smile Laura. That's fantastic - well done ! Good luck in finding new ones though - I sympathise with your difficulties.

However, I would have expected your cup size to go up. Particularly as you have gone down 3 back sizes. I have gone down at least 1 or 2 back sizes. However my boobs don't feel as though they've got very much smaller (a little maybe - other people feel that they have !!) so I expect to go up another cup size.

Bah - why can't you choose where the weight comes off.............................:sigh: !

Gail x

This may seem like a daft question, especially with me being female and all... but why would your cup size be bound to go up if you're boobs are getting smaller?

They are getting a bit smaller, but not noticeably to me. Therefore back size going down quite fast, boobs going down much less fast. For each back size you go down, the cup also gets smaller. Therefore unfortunately for me, back size down, cup size up (although if the boobs genuinally are getting a little smaller, hopefully I won't go up a full cup size each time I go down a back size, otherwise I'm in trouble........!).

However I saw a thread here a few weeks ago where some people's boobs went down much faster. Not me though :-(

Yeah my poor boyfriend was very confused at how it was possible for my boobs to be bigger and smaller at the same time!

I explained it to him that my boobs themselves are about the same size, there's just less fat around my back and chest. Still don't think he got it though!!

Going to take a while to get used to six inches less wires round me, sod the food issues, all tomorrow's willpower will be focussed on wearing a properly fitting bra rather than my comfy old ones!!

Wait.. so do cups get smaller the smaller the back size?

If I remember rightly... your cup size isn't a fixed measurement, it's the difference between your band measurement, and the measurement round the fullest part of your bust.

So an A cup is a one inch difference, B = 2 inches, C = 3 inches and so on.

Say you start out as a 38C. That means that the measurement underneath your boobs is 38 inches round, and the measurement round the fullest part of your boobs is 41 inches, hence a 3 inch difference, determining your cup size.

By comparison, someone who was a 28C would have a much smaller back size, AND much smaller actual volume of boobage, because their 'fullest' measurement would only be 31 inches.

So if your 38C lady starts SW and sheds a few inches, her band measurement may go down to a 36, but the 'fullest' measurement might well stay at 41 inches for a while. Then she would have a 5 inch difference, hence her cup size would go up, and her band size would go down.

Think I've got the inch differences wrong, but that's the gist of it - as I understand it anyway!!

That makes sense now that its sunk it, I can't believe i've worn a bra for probably nearly 10 years and always thought the cup size was standard!

go pick up a 32d and a 38d in the same bra-you will soon see the difference in cupsizes!

i had my legs crossed on the plane yesterday :)

Back