NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Well done all, great NSVs!

I tried on the size 16s in Asda at lunchtime... and did them up... yes, I couldnt sit down in them, but they were ON for the first time EVER!!

They will be mine, comfortably... eventually...! xxxx

I looked in the mirror today and liked what I saw. The outside and the inside :)

Yay MancBird - you WILL get into those comfortably - and how good will you feel then ??!

Chris - your post really made me smile (inside and out). That's brilliant. Well done.

Gail x

Well done everyone. Somethings really are better than the numbers we see on the scales. x

Morning all
Hope we are all tucked up safe n warm...
Well I had to pop on and do a little :banana dancer:
The other week I fell in love with some clothes and decided to order a 16 ready to slim into ready for summer (taking advantage of the sales ;))-well the first bits arrived today and being a bit impatient I thought I would try them on and see how far off they were *truth be told I wasn't expecting to get them over my shoulders* -and oh boy -they fit :faint2: -and I mean FIT not tight or anything -although they will look better as I lose more and they are fuller......here are the 2 dresses ... and look everyone... Pretty colours :bunnydance: -I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to not slopping around next summer in heavy black clothing ..
b8d4caa3-c9b1-47f0-8e96-d1822173fc43.jpg
b87019dc-7ca3-4f27-a6d7-6a73cf9481f0.jpg

Its hubbies 1st works do next Friday and I have this to wear.. I haven't worn a dress since I got married 8 years ago :p -hubby couldn't get over it when he saw me in it :giggle:
fd5b412f-f680-4379-9216-c69fddd8de5a.jpg

Im still more of an 18 truth be told -but when I started out on SW 32 weeks ago I never believed I could get this far -at my biggest I was a size 32 -now I KNOW I will get to a healthy BMI and size I want to be..
Keep up the great work everyone - we are getting there!!!

well done everyone :happy096:
it's funny how we wear black when we r bigger i think it's because it makes us inconspicuous to other people, when i lose all my weight i am going to go and buy the brightest dress i can find no more hiding for me and no more being a wallflower :girlpower::banana dancer:

well done everyone :happy096:
it's funny how we wear black when we r bigger i think it's because it makes us inconspicuous to other people, when i lose all my weight i am going to go and buy the brightest dress i can find no more hiding for me and no more being a wallflower :girlpower::banana dancer:

Hear hear, Valerie! I see lots of pink in my future :)

I've noticed that my skin has really improved (in general) I think I look brighter and less tired-y I guess? Anyway, a really pretty woman came up to me today and said "you have beautiful skin"....such a nice thing to say, huh? And at least I know I'm not seeing things, hehehe :D

i had the makeover photoshoot, and was pleasantly surprised with how i looked on the shots....much happier than the one i had just over a year ago.

x

My Nan ... (bless her heart .. love her to bits), is very dry, blunt and to the point ... and it`s normally the first thing out of her mouth ... "Oh you`re looking fat" (she doesn`t mean it nastily, it`s just how she is). She is very poorly at the mo, so i called to see her on Sunday .... and she said "Oh aren`t you looking slim" .... That to me is a huuuuuge deal .. for Nan to notice and say something x x

WELL DONE Shell_y, Daisy, Elle and Sian. You have all done brilliantly and deserve to feel (and look) amazing !

Gail x

I fit into the size 12 trousers that I've had for ageeesss. It was meant to be a motivation to loose weight when I bought them back then. Pleasantly suprised about that. :D

Well done to everyone else! :)

I went wedding/bridesmaid dress shopping with my friend today. Almost every single off-the-hanger dress was too big for me, and I actually looked in the mirror and couldn't believe how tiny I looked - to the point where I now feel target may be far closer than I ever thought!!

Ohhh thats a fab feeling isn`t it Laura ... i had the same not so long back, i still can`t believe it`s me when i look in the mirror :)

I had another NSV ... they`re coming thick and fast .. I saw my physio the other day, haven`t seen her for about 8 weeks, and the first thing she said "wow you`ve lost loads of weight, you`re looking fab" .... **whoop whoop* people are noticing !!!!!

Back