NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Best feeling in the world....seen a dress i really liked in the sale only had a size 6.... im normally a 10-12 and it was stretch a bit so thought ill try it! I have a huge chest (34ff) so thought no chance and guess what guys ............... it fitted!!!!!! So my sisters got me a size 6 dress to put by for part of my Christmas ill be wearing logo out even although clearly its big made haha!!!

Congratulations on your NSVs everyone, there's some really inspiring acheivements in this thread xx

I bought size 14 jeans in Dorothy Perkins the other day. Proper size 14's!!! The 14's I already had were from Simply be and have about an inch of stretchy stuff either side of the waste band :eek: But my new ones don't and they fit absolutely perfectly!!
Cannot tell you how nice it was to not have to go to the end of the rail and get the biggest size!!!

Also got a cool cardigan in a size 16. I'm at least one size bigger on top so a 16 is a pretty good achievement too :eek:

Have work's Christmas party this Thursday. Decided to wear a fab party dress bought last Christmas....&....have had to have 2 inches taken off main seam. Looks better than last year too! Well chuffed!

Every single man in work came up to me at our do and told me how amazing i looked! :D

Most of them wouldnt have seen me from last year as we work in different branches and christmas dinner is our annual gathering of everyone.

I also managed to attract thee fittest guy ever on the dance floor :flirt2:

Waheey! at last the lads are playing!!

Since the works do on Saturday night and again at work today, for the first time, the lads/males/blokes etc. are questioning my weight loss!

I always knew the ladies were more observant and therefore encouraging, but when the lads start noticing and even being comlimentary that's great!

One even confided I looked great but was scared to ask as thought I was possibly ill! - I can understand that - but cause for great celebration for me.

At this rate I'll have to publish my weekly weigh-in results on the works notice board:)

Steve

I got called a MILF whilst taking my 4 year old daughter to school this morning, they were only about 15 but hey! :D

I got called a MILF whilst taking my 4 year old daughter to school this morning, they were only about 15 but hey! :D

LOL brilliant!

I had to safety pin my knickers the other week as they were falling down almost to my knees, underneath my now huge placement trousers, need to get them taken in aswell!

Two people at work asked if I had lost weight....I think my outfit of a waterfalls Cardigan had given a slimline illusion!! ( just call me Gok!) and that was in the space of 20 minutes.....and 2 different people. Felt fabby.....also the latter asked what size I wanted to get to...and I was like...ooh a 12 I think....and she said....not long to go then cos u are a 14? I was like :D noooo as I am a generous 16!!!

Xxx

I tried on my boxing day outfit yesterday. I bought it 2 months ago.......and......... it is to big. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry !!

I went into a soft play area with my 2 year old and totally fit! I went down the slide without getting wedged in, and probably had a bigger smile on my face than she did when we reached the bottom. I've not even attempted to go into one before, so don't know that I would have necessarily gotten stuck, but from the feel of it on the slide, I seriously think I would have been too big before losing some weight. It was so much fun playing with her and feeling fit enough to keep up. Yay!

Last edited:
Gosh I'm loving all of this. Today at work it was one of the cleaners who keep the refreshements rooms tidy. Obviously don't see them on a daily basis - just on the rare occasion you pop in for a drink and they are there etc.

"God you've lost loads of weight".

Bless her heart - I had a dance with her! and then advised her husband to join SW as she was concerned about his diabetes.

Moments like this are great for when them damn scales at group play up (we all know they do from time-to-time);)

Steve

I went christmas present shopping and came back with 2 size 8 dresses for me :)

Well done to Shell_y - you must have felt so chuffed.

Steve - these are the days that help us keep going. I'm sure you felt really good.

Twizzle - WOW !

Katyloola - Brilliant. I'm also really glad that you had the confidence to try the slide. Brilliant.

Gail x

I had my works Christmas do yesterday and was asked 3 times if I had lost weight!!!! Just what I needed to get me through Christmas with a loss :-D

Back