NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I am wearing a sparkly (kinda dull sparkly - very small black sequins) Christmassey top don't know what size it is but bought it about 8 years ago for Christmas - I bought it about end of October for the Christmas when I was too large to get into it as a kinda incentive - NEVER got in to it and it was hanging in my wardrobe for all these years.

Feels real good !

nearly broke my nose..
why is this a NSV?
because the cause was me tripping over when my "used to be snug" sweat pants fell down round my knees ( at home I might add.. ) :)

LOL! Fab feeling when your trews fall down! :) :)

Well done, dude!!

Someone who doesnt know what size I was said to me few hrs ago "yeah but you young girls are all skinny"! Called young and skinny in the same sentence-result!

Now I know I still have a bit to go but still made me feel good

Yay ! Well done Ninnins. That's brilliant :)

i love NSV's - lets get more on here for the new year.

My NSV is that i have gone from 'Hungry Catterpillar' mode - to perfect angel in an easy swoop. I am so focused already and thought i would be wanting the chocs and biscuits around me, but i they made me feel so sluggish i think its keeping me going!!!

x

I had a major one on xmas day.

I could clearly see some of my wrapped parcels from hubby were clothes. Up until two years ago that would make me feel ill, I always lied to him about my dress size, I was a 24 and told him 18, doh!
So obviously they would never fit, and I would refuse to change them, certain that every year I would lose weight and they would soon fit - but of course it never happened!!!!!

So this year, as a size 12, I knew with absolute certainty they would fit - but if they didn't it was the clothes fault, not mine lol.

I was so excited opening them, and trying them on, and yes they all fit :)

Purple Star - that is a FANTASTIC NSV. Wow. How great must you feel :happy096:

Thanks for sharing it with us. It's those kind of posts that keep us all going.

Gail x

Well done on all the nsvs they really give you a buzz reading them
My nsv was on saturday was out shopping with mum we went into a shop where my ex sis in law works she hasnt seen me for about 6 months and her response when she did gave me the kick that i needed to really get back on track, she kept saying you have lost loads and look fantastic and years younger kept me smiling and buzzing for the next few days felt like i was walking on cloud nine
so thanks sis ur a star xxxxx

WELL DONE mistysmummy. That's a great one. :)

Gail x

my NSV

is really to do with the scales I suppose. This year before Xmas I reached target (woooop!) and had already planned the Christmas off regarding SW, 22 Dec was my last weigh in, and today I weighed with an official 7lb gain - alot to some I guess, but to me I am very positive - I throughly enjoyed every single mouthful of fattening foods, I got back onto plan on 2 Jan and was extremely relieved to be eating better. So the NSV for me is that yeap I have put on weight - it isn't the end of the world (last year it was!) the year before I would have just eaten less rubbish and carried on regardless. I have still lost 5 stone, I havn't failed at all, its just a blip, the weight will come off quickly as long as I eat sensibly. Its all about being aware.

Helen xxx

Great one Helen, I think that's really true, falling off the wagon isn't the same as being off plan, falling off the wagon happens when we don't nip it in the bud :)

Well done Helen ... that is a fantastic outlook ... So positive :) x x

Well i went into Jane Norman Yesterday and tried on some size 10 skinnys and they fitted me ... i got them up and fastened, and could wiggle mah booteh in them ..... :) Shame they were just a bit out of my price range this week, but as soon as i can afford them i`m having them :)

Back