NSVs - Non Scale Victories

ColJack said:
we want a picture!!! :)

Agreed!

Sounds like such a boost. Well done!

My sort on NSV today is finally planning what I'm going to eat properly :)
Not really a NSV but it kind of is to me in my head

My NVS
I have a twin sister who is a perfect size 8 – now that I have lost weight and am close to my target people who we both know are mistaking me for my sister! :D

My NVS
I have a twin sister who is a perfect size 8 – now that I have lost weight and am close to my target people who we both know are mistaking me for my sister! :D

Wow, that must feel great.

My NSV today is getting into two pairs of trousers. The first ones are some nice cords from Next in a 16 (although I think they are more an 18) that I haven't been able to wear for ages!!

The second pair is a pair of work trousers that I have NEVER been able to wear as they have always been far to tight. I tried them on this morning and they fit perfectly!!!!

In 2 months I've gone from having nothing to wear to nearly having all of my wardrobe available to me again.

B.U.Z.Z.I.N.G. :D:D:D

I had been umming and aahhing about posting this - but it is such a great NSV i thought i would share it with you all.

I started in Oct 2009 and my best friend H started in the December, and her Mum and Dad in January - I have lost 4 stone, H has lost nearly 7 stone, her mum has lost 3 stone and her dad has lost 6 stone. In total thats 20 stone!!

I was chatting to her mum about how annoyed with myself i was, cos if i kept to plan more strictly like H i would nearly be at target. Her mum looked me right in the eyes and said that if i hadnt started SW, and got H to go, and then encouraged them to go - that her hubby would be dead now. He was very overweight to start with and had approx 10 stone to lose, and is now well on his way to being healthier and has had all sorts of medication reduced/removed which was weight related.

I was overwhelmed - i mean, what can you say!?

I just said he had done all the hard work and lost the weight, not me. She said that without my success and encouragement he would not have done it.

I still smile thinking about it - i 'non directly' have saved someones life.

x

Last edited:
I still smile thinking about it - i 'non directly' have saved someones life.

x
And you should be proud. That's a great achievement

Ellebear Thankyou so much for sharing that!!!! That is truly amazing and how wonderful of the person to say that to you! Enough to make us all realise how we are helping ourselves and others on our slimming world journey and how its worth telling other people about what can be achieved with slimming world and even if we annoy 99% of people by going on about sw if we can just help one person even a tiny amount of what you have then its worth every bit of annoyance for any others (if that makes sense?)
Thankyou again for sharing this and well done on encouraging others to go to slimming world and losing 20 stone so far between you! And that includes the brilliant 4 stone you have lost which is no mean feat and nothing to be annoyed with yourself about and you are looking amazing!

Well done Ellebear thats amazing

Elle Bear - what a lovely NSV - you should be so very proud. Mine pales into significance really, but only this morning, I have had to add yet another work suit to the "charity bag" as it's far too big for me now. Hubby compared me to a clown in oversized clothes - charming! Need to spend some money on updating my wardrobe now (that'll teach him!)

my NSV this week is

I saw a really horrible uncle today hes really awful makes digs about weight etc. Luckily I only see him every couple of years or so. Everytime I saw him he would dig about how I have big legs and how much weight I had put on etc. Well this time he never said a peep, other than "WELL THEN how weight have you lost??" when I replied to him he then also said that he hardly eats a thing, so I gently patted his VERY rounded tummy and said, well you must be eating it wrongly then! I would never dare make a dig back at him normally am just not quick enough with my responses. He didn't know how to answer me, so 2 fingers up to him and his hurtful remarks!

Helen x

When I started my job in September I decided not to tell people I was doing sw so I had a zone where I didn't feel I had to talk about it and update on my losses(or not losses) I have lost around a stone and a half since I have started and somebody asked me today if I had lost weight. Was really nice that someone who doesn't know me very well or that I am on a diet had noticed I'd lost. A nice little boost for me at a time when not feeling that great and trying to shed that xmas gain and kickstart into the new year!

Yay Emsie :) Its always nice when someone notices. My local greengrocer never shuts up about how much weight I have lost when I go in there these days.

My personal NSV today is...

SIZE 12 KNICKERS!!!!!

I have NEVER worn size 12 anything. Ok, they are knickers and thus have elastic, but still!!!

My gran's next door neighbour hasn't seen me in a couple of months, I popped over to her place on Sunday and she told me I looked wonderful! Pushing it, but still... :) Then she told me I had a lovely cinched in waist... Agree with that one, :eek: And THEN she said 'I'm so happy you got rid of that puppy fat!'... Now that one was a funny one, but my NSV was that I didn't take it offensively, because I am happy too!

Another one - I refrained from all the Caffe Nero goodies that were staring at me when I met up with my cousin, and settled for a black coffee with sweetener, despite only having had the same thing since I woke up :) xxx

I love NSV's and now I have lost a bit I have had a few.

My best one was at work when a Year 11 student asked me if I had been on a make over show. As I have lost weight (4 stone so far but 4 and a half to go) I have had to buy new clothes and I had my hair done so I guess I do look a bit different. It was really nice of her to say and put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.

x

Back