NSVs - Non Scale Victories

i love when people notice you have lost weight its the best confidence boost ever :)
I remember going for a meal and the lady who worked in the restaurant said how fab I looked and asked If I'd been dieting :)
xxx

Hi guys!
I was feeling a bit down recently because after 18lbs lost, nobody seemed to have noticed! (apart from people who know my loss!) and I'm constantly reading all the NSV's and wishing i had one...Well last night i did! I was going through my wardrobe, trying to find something to wear today and came across a pair of trousers that I bought about 8 months ago. They were too small when at the time but I never got round to returning them, so they turned into a pair I would ‘fit into 1 day’ – well yesterday was that day!! And to put an even bigger smile on my face, they are a bit baggy!! :) :)
xxxx

Brilliant stuff from all of you, I love reading all your NSVs they're brilliant, even better than actual losses cos they mean so much personally to you all.

My NSV of this week was going to my Zumba class (been doing it for 2 months now) and there were literally 100 women there (January newbies... grrrr) and so instead of hiding at the back like I normally do I strode up to the front where there was a load of room and Zumba'd myself silly... I didn't care what anyone thought, and I know for a fact some people were copying me as well as the Instructor as I was the same way round as them and its easier to see how to follow from that angle sometimes... nevertheless, I felt like I was part teaching the class!!!

LOL!!! That sounds daft now its written down, but I felt amazing at the time!!! xxxxxxxxxx

Well done all of you on your NSVs! I restarted slimming world last Monday, and have been doing an hours cardio and muscle workout on the Wii Fit Plus and Wii Sports, this week I stepped it up to 1.5 - 2 hours a day and I have noticed so much difference in my appearance already! Not only am I fitter, but I have so much energy and feel so much happier. Today I got on the Wii and my Wii Fit age has gone from somewhere in the 40's to 20! -3 my actual! :D really really pleased with myself! And I've stepped up my game and started doing all the advanced and super advanced workouts including jogging. And I am someone who has in the past, loathed exercising!

Last night, I went on my gym website to book into the Zumba class for Wednesday, but it was full :( so instead, I booked into a lunchtime aerobics class for today and a lunchtime tums & bums class for tomorrow! :D Aerobics was gooooooood! Excited to work my booty soon :D xxx

I'm not sure if it is really classed as an NSV but I'm chuffed with myself! I'm doing nights in work at the mo, and when I finished at 7am this morning, instead of going home and straight to bed like normal, I got changed and went to the gym for an hour!!! Felt great to be honest and slept alot better so planning to do the same tomorrow morning. And I've also booked another Kinesis class cos I enjoyed the last one so much :) Never thought I'd see the day when I enjoy exercise!! Just wish the Zumba classes weren't full every time as I'd love to have a go a that

Im wearing my tracksuit bottoms but no longer have a huge big bum bag sized belly showing through them!(Like a paunch strip) Slowly going down! xx

My NSV victory is very small ad I've not been on SW even a week yet. Not had a WI or anything but my engagement ring which has fitted perfectly since I chose it in September I can now spin around and up and down my finger. Amazed at how quickly that's happened and although I might not have list much yet it's certainly egging me on that SW was the correct choice. :)

Eating__Glitter said:
My NSV victory is very small ad I've not been on SW even a week yet. Not had a WI or anything but my engagement ring which has fitted perfectly since I chose it in September I can now spin around and up and down my finger. Amazed at how quickly that's happened and although I might not have list much yet it's certainly egging me on that SW was the correct choice. :)

Wow! First of all, late congrats on your engagement! That's such a lovely NSV :) have you shared it with your other half? xxx

Welshtigger said:
I'm not sure if it is really classed as an NSV but I'm chuffed with myself! I'm doing nights in work at the mo, and when I finished at 7am this morning, instead of going home and straight to bed like normal, I got changed and went to the gym for an hour!!! Felt great to be honest and slept alot better so planning to do the same tomorrow morning. And I've also booked another Kinesis class cos I enjoyed the last one so much :) Never thought I'd see the day when I enjoy exercise!! Just wish the Zumba classes weren't full every time as I'd love to have a go a that

Definitely an NSV! You've made time in your day for something most people would actively avoid if they worked mad hours! What's Kinesis? Never heard of it before! My local Zumba classes are always full aswell :( xxx

Went shopping today and a dress caught my eye while in asda! For the first time ever I have a size 10 dress :):):). Usually I am a 12 on top and 10 bottom but most 10's seem to be fitting on top too!

Can't wait to wear it!

My NSV is...I just got into my pre pregnancy jeans :) :) :)
Ok, baby is now 16 months but hey ho, got there at last!
Still got at least a stone to lose as was over before but still a fab NSV for me

10st10lbs said:
What's Kinesis? Never heard of it before! My local Zumba classes are always full aswell :( xxx

Kinesis is a class using equipment with weights and cables, hard to explain unless you've seen it! There are lots of videos on YouTube! It's made by Technogym and it's a really good all over workout, only a 30 min class but you really feel it working, and it's great for core stability too :)

10st10lbs said:
Wow! First of all, late congrats on your engagement! That's such a lovely NSV :) have you shared it with your other half? xxx

Thank you!! :) Yeah he's got all worried I'm going to lose my ring and told me to, I quote, "tape it to my finger". The boy is so silly. Spent all day spinning it round my finger lol :D

I wore a pair of jeans today that used to dig into me and I had to keep pulling them up. I have also noticed more definition in my jaw line the past few weeks.

I had to buy bigger bra's!!!!!!......but I actually felt comfortable in an original one today & DH commented the girls ( as he calls them, among other names!!!) were shrinking!!!

Kinesis is a class using equipment with weights and cables, hard to explain unless you've seen it! There are lots of videos on YouTube! It's made by Technogym and it's a really good all over workout, only a 30 min class but you really feel it working, and it's great for core stability too :)

Oooh sounds interesting! I don't think my gym offers it so will stick to Aerobics and Bums&Tums for now, and Zumba wherever I can! xxx

Thank you!! :) Yeah he's got all worried I'm going to lose my ring and told me to, I quote, "tape it to my finger". The boy is so silly. Spent all day spinning it round my finger lol :D

LOL - men! Temporary ring tightening trick - wrap a long length of cotton around the back of the ring, the bit that no-one would see if you were to hold your hand out to show off the top of it :)

Spinning it around your finger all day is a brilliant way to keep an eye on it, lol, but at some point, we all do forget for that split second... My BIL is goalie in the family 5-a-side league, his ring is embedded somewhere in the local football pitch and we have no idea where :(

Back