NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Mine was when I told my other half about my 7lb loss, and he replied that's good as you've not been doing much to get that...........could easily have been taken the wrong way, but I know the plan works and everything I ate was delicious, not a diet meal in sight. Exactly what a healthy eating plan should be.

Mine today was:

I had had a rubbish weigh in this morning, was hoping to get 2lb off to get back into my top end of my target, but I stayed the same even tho I was angelic all week, so was feeling a little down. I came home checked my emails and there was one from Slimming World, I sent a letter of yesterday on the website saying how much I was enjoying Slimming World and how it was now part of my life etc etc. In the email they thanked me for my letter and rather than publish it in the letters section they would like to include me in the success section, so could I answer a questionnaire and send of a few pictures! So I went from feeling rubbish, to you know what I have done blimming well, so I filled that questionnaire in and felt proud of my success and I know I will get back into that target in the next couple of weeks!

Helen xxx

Well, I'm so excited! For the first time in years I can touch my toes! I know it's only a little thing but it has made me so happy. A combination of SW and the Wii Fit Plus is really beginning to make me feel as if I could actually become fit and healthy! :D:D:D

I have 2 NSV's woop!
1 - people keep commenting on my slim face! (come the day when i will have a slim belly lol)
2 - I bought a size 16 pants.....well they were tracky pants so i suppose they have a bit of give in them lol but they fit really well and i'm chuffed to bits! Can't wait to wear them down the gym!

i'm about 10 days into SW round two....(did it last year and lost about 10 pounds but gave up! ;( determined to stick to it this time) ...... with all the fruit and veg and a bit more exercise than usual my skin is looking amazing! i normally suffer with acne and my skin varies between dry and greasy....now its looking glowing!
So happy about that alone but predicting a loss this week as well....feeling good :)

New NSV for me. When I set out to do this one of my goals was to get into a pair of size 14 dorothy perkins jeans that I had from way back. I got into them when I hit target, but now, they are too big, and need a belt to keep them up.

I also bought some size 12 sale items and they fit. And some size 12 knickers, that also fit.

6ft tall and fitting in size 12s? That will do me.

I went clothes shopping today for the first time since last new year today as a belated Christmas present with my mam. Last year I saw some beautiful woollen dresses in Dorothy Perkins. However the "large" size wouldn't go over my ample bosom! I tried them on today and they fitted like a dream! I bought two and am going to wear them at my friends party next week! :-D

I love Asda me!

I went to buy some cheap clothes in Asda for my holidays, T-shirts etc. as I now get size M for MAGIC, I mean medium.

One of the ladies in there wavved and asked me how much have I lost now as can really see the difference! - quite embarrassing (but pleasing) when a supermarket worker says this lol.

The next WOW! monment was whn I travelled down the escalator and caught my reflection in the window. Even I had to step-back in amazement! - I was stunned! seeing it this way was even more flattering than the mirrors at home.

As I said, I love Asda me!

Steve

My 1st NSV and im not sure i qualify cos i've only been doing SW a couple of weeks..

I went to buy some new trousers in asda today, and the size 14 were miles to big, i mean they are only black £6 trousers, the cut on them arent the best, very generous i think, but i had to get the 12..!

yay

my old belt ( as seen in my "before" picture below ) that I still wear now reaches the back belt loop on my jeans when fastened... does that count? :)

40094-albums2835-picture16898.jpg

Love this thread :)
I went for a brisk walk yesterday and couldnt work out why i felt 'odd' walking - then i realised.... My thighs werent rubbing together!!!! :)

Im glad for you!!! Only been one week on the diet- and one of my friends I had not a chance to see in a while commented on how much slimmer my face looked :) I was soo chuffed- especially with all the hunger pangs I'd gone through!

Im glad for you!!! Only been one week on the diet- and one of my friends I had not a chance to see in a while commented on how much slimmer my face looked :) I was soo chuffed- especially with all the hunger pangs I'd gone through!

There is no need for you to have hunger pangs! If you are hungry eat!!!! As long as its within your syns etc go for it. Thats the beauty of slimming world.

Well done on getting an NSV already!

Only lost 1lb this week and was gutted, walked home (5 miles) did it quite quickly in just under 2 hours (with a buggy, so I count that as quick!) and was not out of breath or red, made me feel much better about my little loss!

Back