NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Lmao!!

Only lost half a stone but oh just sounded worried saying

"omg love!"

I was like what what's wrong!

"where is your bum going :("

He is a bum man :) hahaha

I have posted this elsewhere (sorry) but have to share in case anyone in the world missed it!

After recently having my insulin stopped, my most recent blood sugar test shows an average of 7.4 (long term). and so I can stop the insulin officially.

This is a great encouragement. If I can get my count to under 7 (we're getting there) then the medication will be reviewed too.

Ultimately I can dream of not being diabetic anymore, but it means healthy eating and lots of exercise as opposed to insulin and drugs.

I can live with those confines :)

Steve

If this encourages just one obese typeII diabetic to follow suit, I will be delighted.

I have posted this elsewhere (sorry) but have to share in case anyone in the world missed it!

After recently having my insulin stopped, my most recent blood sugar test shows an average of 7.4 (long term). and so I can stop the insulin officially.

This is a great encouragement. If I can get my count to under 7 (we're getting there) then the medication will be reviewed too.

Ultimately I can dream of not being diabetic anymore, but it means healthy eating and lots of exercise as opposed to insulin and drugs.

Steve

If this encourages just one obese typeII diabetic to follow suit, I will be delighted.

Well done! That is a fantastic achievement, all done by your hard work and determination. Must be a great boost for you. Keep up the good work :)

Fantastic achievement Maximus. This is what its all about. You should be very proud of yourself.

Bloody Amazing, Minimus! :)

Good afternoon all

Not been on here for a long time so I need to hand out loads of :happy096: -well done everyone...
well my first NSV is that I have had enough confidence in myself to carry on losing weight and get fit that I have signed up for the "women for women" charity trek in Nepal in september 2012 :silly:... Im so excited.. just need to raise the £3200 sponsorship now :p

Then on a different subject I was putting washing on the airer the other day and realised how much more i can get on there now that my clothes are smaller :D - so I took a pic :eek: -so here is a pic of one of my newer tops ontop of one of my old ones :giggle:and still 5st11lbs to shift -by the time Im done I will be able to get my entire wardrobe out to dry at once :rotflmao:

Keep up the great work everyone

Ooh, I brought a size 16 top in tesco yesterday with the aim it would fit by the end of Feb, my other half said I should take a pic of me in it now and then in Feb to see the difference and it actually fit nicely now, so chuffed! x

not sure if it counts as a NSV but...
I take my lunch to work in my SW carrier bag ( got a few from SOTW.. :) ) and one of the big guys at the new place asked me about it and I told him about my journey so far and the type of foods we can eat and he was so impressed he's going to join his local group... :)

Coljack - you should be on commission!
I'm currently prancing about the house in my new size 16 pants, i love them perfect fit and make me look slimmer woohoo!

I just got in a pair of size 22 jeans at Asda - OMG I haven't been able to do that for around 20 years- yeah!!!!

New NSV!

So before Xmas I bought this beautiful dress, in a size I'd rather not have and found it didn't fit. Pretty much what made me decide to start sw. Anyway opened the cupboard today over a month later and thought oooh?!

Managed to bot only get it on but zip it up to the top myself (it's corseted). Absolutely made up and I can wear it tonight!!!! :D

Steve

Well done! Thats a hell of an achievement!

I was happy being on one less hole on my belt :D

saw my landlords today who i have not seen for about 12 months - and the first thing she said was 'wow, have you lost weight' - made my day!!!

~*boogies*~

saw my landlords today who i have not seen for about 12 months - and the first thing she said was 'wow, have you lost weight' - made my day!!!

~*boogies*~

Great stuff EB!

I thought I'd really push it on the bike last night... been doing 10k 3 times a week for 3 few weeks, but last night I managed 15k and 500 cals burned!!

Amazing what you can do when you push yourself!! I was on for nearly 40 mins!! xxxxx

Ahhhhh so pleased to see my NSV thread is still being used! Well done each and every one of you for such great NSVs - keep 'em coming xxx

DD - this thread is awesome - i am amazed it STILL isnt a sticky!!!

Pah!

I know hun! After my time away I came back on thinking it may have been made a sticky...

Hint, hint, nudge, nudge darling Mods... xxx

Back