NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Tonight I put on my seatbelt and it fit!!!

Now I suppose I should explain.. the seatbelt never used to fit round me so I clipped it into the clip with no one in the chair, then just pulled the diagonal strap over my head so it was across my chest..
I doubt that this was entirely safe, but it was better than nothing at all..
Since my brother had borrowed my car today, he had unclipped the belt and then worn it normally. I didn't realise until I was already sitting in the seat so thought I'd give it a try at least before I had to get out to put it back how I used to have it.. and it fit!!! :D

U sound so over the moon :)

Happy for u!!

Ur doin so well :)

Inspiring!

Start weight: 14s 7lb Current weight: 13s 13lb Weight lost: 8lbs

WOW ColJack. That is one heck of an NSV (and sooooo much safer too :)). Well done. I'm so pleased for you.

Gail x

That's amazing, well done :D

Now I suppose I should explain.. the seatbelt never used to fit round me so I clipped it into the clip with no one in the chair, then just pulled the diagonal strap over my head so it was across my chest..
Since my brother had borrowed my car today, he had unclipped the belt and then worn it normally. I didn't realise until I was already sitting in the seat so thought I'd give it a try at least before I had to get out to put it back how I used to have it.. and it fit!!! :D

That's really amazing! :D The more I read these NSV's the more faith it gives me that I can shift this weight!

I had a couple of NSV's this week...my mother in law commented on my weight loss and noticed the difference, she was impressed and even asked for tips!

Today i'm feeling really under the weather, I have the flu coming on as my body is aching and my nose is beginning to run...so I popped on a pair of pyjamas to get into bed, and oh my! They were so big and loose! I walked a couple of steps and they fell right off! My OH then decided to get into the bottoms with me in them and I could not believe 2 people fitted into them! :eek:

That's made my day!

I’m well and truly chuffed today!
I’ve been feeling a little bit slimmer (although staying the same on the scales) and today I put on a pair of trousers that were tight (enough to give me a stomach ache and make me worry that they might rip if I sat down too fast!) and for the first time ever they fit comfortably!!! They’re not falling down by a long shot, but there’s a little bit of extra room in them at least!

This is my first NSV really and I’m so so pleased that finally something is happening!

I've had a few good nsv's lately, thought I'd compile a list!

1) someone who doesn't know about me being on SW saying "you've lost SO much weight! All that fruit has paid off!"

2) all my clothes being too big, I've had to cut my tshirts up and cut the bottoms off my denim skirts

3) my friend's boyfriend saying "you are so thin!!!" and asking "so where's the rest of you?"

4) some trousers that used to give me a camel toe now fit!

5) my 5km run being easier

Well done everyone and an especially big :clap: to you Coljack -thats brilliant :D

My NSV is actual scale related but I will sneak it in anyway :p- another 1lb off for me this week and so I now -for the first time ever weigh less than my hubby :banana dancer:it might be just 1lb -but I don't care if its 1oz... I still weigh less than him :woohoo:
79lbs still to go to target -but I can actually feel it -it is THAT close :D

well done.. keep plugging away at it and you'll get there in no time..

you should go to a park with hubby and get on a seesaw with him just for a laugh.. :)

I've had a few good nsv's lately, thought I'd compile a list!

1) someone who doesn't know about me being on SW saying "you've lost SO much weight! All that fruit has paid off!"

2) all my clothes being too big, I've had to cut my tshirts up and cut the bottoms off my denim skirts

3) my friend's boyfriend saying "you are so thin!!!" and asking "so where's the rest of you?"

4) some trousers that used to give me a camel toe now fit!

5) my 5km run being easier

That is great Jules. You have been so committed to this (and stuck with it when things were a bit slow) that you deserve that. It's great to write stuff like that down because it's lovely to reread it when you need to or if you're feeling a bit down. Well done.

Well done everyone and an especially big :clap: to you Coljack -thats brilliant :D

My NSV is actual scale related but I will sneak it in anyway :p- another 1lb off for me this week and so I now -for the first time ever weigh less than my hubby :banana dancer:it might be just 1lb -but I don't care if its 1oz... I still weigh less than him :woohoo:
79lbs still to go to target -but I can actually feel it -it is THAT close :D

I read that on your thread but I don't think I got round to posting about it. I am just sooooooo pleased on that NSV. As you said, it is actually a really big milestone and one you should be so proud of.

And a great lesson to everyone here that you can now see that 79lbs is not that far to go compared to how far you've come. Fantastic. WELL DONE Capricorn.

Gail x

My new size 14 work trousers which I bought last week are baggy round my bum and loose on the waist. First time my clothes have been loose for ages, years even.

That really is a fantastic NSV ColJack!! These are the sorts of things that a) make us feel 'normal' and b) make us realise just how much progress we're making!! Brilliant, I'm really pleased for you!! Have you had to buy lots of new clothes? Your shirts/trousers must be hanging off you!X

Well done to everyone on here. I have been reading this thread for a while just waiting to have something I can put on and today it has happened. I am finally out of my maternity clothes. My daughter is 20wks old and I put on that Mich weight during and after the pregnancy that I still had to were my elasticated maternity jeans and this morning I got into a normal pair of jeans. I am so happy :)

Well done Mary!!

Mine happened to me last night. I'm terrible for buying clothes and not trying them on (I absolutely hate trying on clothes in shop changing rooms)

I lifted a dress that said my size on the hanger, but the dress was on the wrong hanger and was actually a size smaller. I didn't realise until I got home, and there was a huge gap where it wouldn't zip up.

I meant to take it back, but forgot about it, and when I started SW I decided that my first mini goal would be to be able to get into that dress.

I pulled it out of the wardrobe last night to show to my friend as I was discussing SW with her, and I put the dress on to show her how much I needed to lose to be able to zip it, but to my surprise it actually zips up already...what a difference losing 8lbs can make! :D

Back