NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Thank u so much and well done. I am so glad I found this thread it shows u just what you can achieve if you work hard and stick at it and that there is a lot more to loosing weight than just the numbers on the scales.

Wow that's fab! Well done! Hope you enjoy the new dress :)

really enjoying this thread, have only lost 9lbs so no NSV for me yet, but looking forward to posting my first one!

really enjoying this thread, have only lost 9lbs so no NSV for me yet, but looking forward to posting my first one!

You soon will and it's those little nuggets that keep you going.

My hubby told me yesterday that the jumper I bought just before Christmas was too big for me now and I need to go and buy a smaller one :D:D Do I have to :rolleyes:

Happy Weekend! Time to read through some threads that I could not catch up with during the week - and especially this one: Love it! You are all doing so well and it shows that not only the numbers on the scales are important.
Have only started mid January myself and considering the amount I need to lose I'm quite a bit off NSVs but am looking forward to it. ;)

I love reading this thread but would like to add my bit today.

Today is my 6 month anniversary on SW and I feel GREAT.

I have lost 4 stone 6 lbs (obviously that is a 'scale victory') but my NSV's from this weekend are:

1. I can now fit into every piece of clothing in my wardrobe. Some of them haven't been worn for 10 yrs (and even then I only fitted into them for a few months). Some of them will be thrown out soon (!) but I can get into them.

2. I bought a pair of trousers in a size 14 yesterday - the first time ever in my life.

3. I have gone from size 24 bottom and 24-26 top and only able to shop in M&S (just) and plus size shops to a size 14-16 bottom, 16-18 top. Now I will be able to go into a whole load of shops that I haven't ever been into to buy clothes (when I finally pluck up the courage !)

4. I went for a run today and managed 13 mins in one go. Hoping to do a 10k run in the next few months.

Anyway, apologies for my shameless bragging but I am so happy and really looking forward to what the next 6 months will bring :)

(a very happy) Gail x

Amazing Gail!! Well done babe!

Gail, I'm so chuffed for you :D, but I do have to point out that you missed one :p,

Just over 25% of you has gone in just 6 short months :D

:talk017:

Well done gail. I hope if i can work hard I will do half as well as you have done. :D

I've had a few this week - think I'm hitting that spot where people are really noticing!

First, at the football, two people commented that I looked great and asked if I'd lost weight! I also noticed that my seat felt bigger - no more pressing thighs with the people sitting next to me!

Secondly, I bought 2 jumpers in a 20 without trying them on and have had to take them back and change them for 18s. (I was a 24-26 on top when I started!)

Thirdly, my boobs finally stick out further than my belly! :8855:

Yay. Well done Spanx. Those are great NSV's.

Gail x

After 10 days of starting the Gillian Michaels DVD, I have lost 4" this week!!!!

Went to primarni (primark) this morning and tried on size 18 coat....it fit!!!!! Felt so good being able to buy clothes from there instead of having to go to the plus size sections in other shops!! I can now buy cheap clothes!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back