NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Strange but true - my NSV last week was from my doctor - he told me that I did not have appendicitis but was actually OVULATING due to my weighloss! Wahey!!! First time in 3 years. I don't want more children but felt a bit proud of myself anyway for being "normal"

I have only just caught up with this thread and have to say WOW! What a lovely, positive thread - very motivating!

I want a NSV now!!! ;) I will wait patiently like a good girl though........

I ran into a lady from group at the gym today and she told my friend that I was her inspiration and the reason why she kept going even when it got hard... I felt special! :)

I ran into a lady from group at the gym today and she told my friend that I was her inspiration and the reason why she kept going even when it got hard... I felt special! :)

Thats a lovely NSV.
I'm still waiting for mine, however I have gone down a scrub top size at work.... not sure if that counts as its probably all off my boobs :cry:

Had a minor NSV just now in work. When we do external patrols we wear hi-viz coats and mine has always been too 'snug' to keep my fleece on underneath, so all thru the bitterly cold nights over Christmas I just had my shirt underneath!! Tonight I was chatting to one of the other guards as I was getting ready to go out and without thinking just put my coat on and did it up-over my fleece! It fitted fine :) Yey, shows the work in the gym is finally starting to pay off :) :)

I am wearing size 14 next jeans. they are wide leg and roomy - but size 14 on the label.

*beam*

Size 14, that's fantastic. Did you go running around the shop waving them above your head and telling everyone ....... I know that's what I would want to do :D

Loralou said:
I took my baby on a swing and managed to fit my bum onto it without my hips being painful on the edges :D

Now THAT'S an NSV I'm looking forwards to experiencing! Well done! x

I bought a dress for my sisters 21st two weeks ago size 12 clingy material, put it on sat night and it was falling down so much that i had to pull it up constantly :) never has anything been big at my chest in my life - i felt great too iv been doubting slimming world as taking me so long but after way i felt im defo continuing whether at home or class :) will add a pic later of dress when im home :)

Have just dug out a pair of jeans from my wardrobe that I'd forgotten about & they fit comfortably.......SIZE 12!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

Size 14, that's fantastic. Did you go running around the shop waving them above your head and telling everyone ....... I know that's what I would want to do :D

hehe - no i had bought them in the Xmas sales, and they were too small - so ive been waiting to squeeze into them! Muffin top anyone?? haha!

Plus they are as i said super roomy - i am much more a 16 still than a 14! x

hehe - no i had bought them in the Xmas sales, and they were too small - so ive been waiting to squeeze into them! Muffin top anyone?? haha!

Plus they are as i said super roomy - i am much more a 16 still than a 14! x

Hey girl, a 14 is a 14, roomy or not!!!

A pair of work trousers which were very very uncomfortable last week felt ok today.... and that's with 6.5lbs off!

WELL DONE Ellebear - what a fantastic achievement.

Kim - You must feel soooooo good. That's brilliant.

Kirsty - Wow. Time for a new dress..............?!

Mongoosed - am so pleased for you. It's lovely when you start to get those moments. It's what keeps you going. :)

Gail x

Its only been 4 weeks, but my jeans are not tight and feel much more comfortable, some of my other clothes do as well.

Bit dissappointed that ive got no comments yet (apart from my dad) about loosing weight, but i suppose its only been 4 weeks

I had a lovely NSV BEFORE getting on the scales last night at class....consultants hubby who does the card check in said to me "well...some one looks like they are getting near to target tonight"! Bless him, I still have about half a stone to go, but it was so nice to hear!. (ps - I lost 2.5lbs too this week)

Back