NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Last night before WI I was thinking, "God, what a bad week. I don't feel any different" (Star week lol). I had a bit of an alcohol day at the weekend.

Anyway I was cursing and dreading, getting changed before WI and I took my jeans off and put my leggings on. I then looked at my jeans and realised I hadn't unbuttoned or unzipped them. They'd just pulled off. Not stretchy ones either.

I was over the moon and ran downstairs to show my OH.

Also, after I came back in and told my OH how much weight I lost he was like "OMG, that's great" then I realised he works in kilos etc and probably hadn't got a clue what I've been wittering on about the last 6 weeks. I then converted it and the look of surprise on his face was a picture :D

Mine is finally realising than when people tell me that I have lost more weight when I haven't, aren't lying. They are just being sweet and I should take it that way rather than thinking that they are just saying it for no reason.

A good number of people other than those I'm close to are starting to say are noticing and saying how good I'm looking after losing "lots" of weight.

My 11 year old little brother telling my mum I'd lost weight after he saw me:D

Jeans I haven't been able to wear since last year fit me :D

Being asked 'have you lost weight?' for the first time since my weight loss journey began in January :D x

Well done all :) I had another one on Thursday night - the same as TheMissus - I have only got 2 pairs of jeans that actually fit me, and have a further 5 or 6 pairs of jeans that I really love and don't want to part with, hanging in the wardrobe that don't fit me.

I tried my favourite pair on on Thursday night and they fit me :D Not perfectly, but I'd say within another 3 or 4 lbs they will fit me like they used to :D

Hi all, mine was during a night out on friday. Ive been out less than a handful of times in past year easy so dont really see my old school friends that i used to meet up with in the local club. i decided to drive so its nice to be complimented and actually remember it :)! Anyway two lads i used to be really good mates with at school came over and said he was shocked... in his words 'trev you look amazin..... i mean like gorgeous, no offence but you were just our trev before but now your stunning your boyfriend is one lucky fella' i felt proud that this hard work is payin off :) 4 stone 9.5lbs down another 3 stone 11.5lbs to go! Just this little compliment has motivated me to persevere i will get there! X

Today- I found some pairs of jeans, squirrelled in the back of the cupboard, that I had bought in the sale but hadn't fit me. I tried them on and they fit!!!!! The receipt was dated oct 2009, so I am the thinnest I have been since then. It's really cheered me up. I haven't worn jeans for over a year-I've worn leggings and dresses. Now I have 3 pairs of jeans to wear and completely change my wardrobe choices!!!! Still a long way from my dream Jeans size, but a great moment

I've had 2 in 2 days!
The guy who runs the burger van from the carpark where i work said... 'Have you lost weight?' I told him he was the first man to mention it and he said 'Well i admit i was looking at your bum' LOL
and secondly, i booked my wedding this week for 5 weeks time... and i bought my dress today and dont 'feel' fat! :eek:)

Bee x

My wedding and engagement rings hadn't fitted me throughout pregnancy and for a year afterwards:( Now my son is 18 months, have lost 40lbs and have to get my rings resized as they are too BIG! YAY:)

I haven't seen my sister in law for a few weeks, and she said it shows you've lost weight....felt so happy as ive been a bit down this week

I had to adjust the strap on my watch to make it smaller, it kept rattling about on my wrist...

Those are the great NSV's because they are the ones you don't necessarily expect. Well done.

I ran at 6mph for 4 minutes, completing my mile in 12:54... I've never been able do it faster than 13:30!

Wow. That's brilliant. You should be proud !

Jeans I haven't been able to wear since last year fit me :D
Well done all :) I had another one on Thursday night - the same as TheMissus - I have only got 2 pairs of jeans that actually fit me, and have a further 5 or 6 pairs of jeans that I really love and don't want to part with, hanging in the wardrobe that don't fit me.

I tried my favourite pair on on Thursday night and they fit me :D Not perfectly, but I'd say within another 3 or 4 lbs they will fit me like they used to :D
Today- I found some pairs of jeans, squirrelled in the back of the cupboard, that I had bought in the sale but hadn't fit me. I tried them on and they fit!!!!! The receipt was dated oct 2009, so I am the thinnest I have been since then. It's really cheered me up. I haven't worn jeans for over a year-I've worn leggings and dresses. Now I have 3 pairs of jeans to wear and completely change my wardrobe choices!!!! Still a long way from my dream Jeans size, but a great moment

It is such a great feeling to get into stuff that you haven't worn for ages. Like rolling back the clock. I'm so pleased for you all. It doesn't matter what size you are now, it's where you've come from that matters at the moment.

Got me size 16 work trousers on, just in time to start me new job:D

Hopefully that will make you feel more confident :). Good luck in the new job.

Being asked 'have you lost weight?' for the first time since my weight loss journey began in January :D x

Yay. Get used to that. It will happen more often as you go along :D

I've had 2 in 2 days!
The guy who runs the burger van from the carpark where i work said... 'Have you lost weight?' I told him he was the first man to mention it and he said 'Well i admit i was looking at your bum' LOL
and secondly, i booked my wedding this week for 5 weeks time... and i bought my dress today and dont 'feel' fat! :eek:)

Bee x

I think these are fantastic. It looks like you have taken the compliment from the burger man in the way it was meant :p. Glad it made you feel really good. Congratulations on booking the wedding. I hope it's not too stressful in the weeks running up to it.

My wedding and engagement rings hadn't fitted me throughout pregnancy and for a year afterwards:( Now my son is 18 months, have lost 40lbs and have to get my rings resized as they are too BIG! YAY:)

FANTASTIC. Well done.

I haven't seen my sister in law for a few weeks, and she said it shows you've lost weight....felt so happy as ive been a bit down this week

You should be proud of yourself. You have made a really great start and more and more people will notice you over time.

Hi all, mine was during a night out on friday. Ive been out less than a handful of times in past year easy so dont really see my old school friends that i used to meet up with in the local club. i decided to drive so its nice to be complimented and actually remember it :)! Anyway two lads i used to be really good mates with at school came over and said he was shocked... in his words 'trev you look amazin..... i mean like gorgeous, no offence but you were just our trev before but now your stunning your boyfriend is one lucky fella' i felt proud that this hard work is payin off :) 4 stone 9.5lbs down another 3 stone 11.5lbs to go! Just this little compliment has motivated me to persevere i will get there! X

I loved this one. I'm sure you get plenty of comments now with how much you've lost but it is lovely when you get those completely unexpected comments from people that don't know what you're doing, it really makes you feel good. I'm so glad you've written it down and shared it with us. I'm delighted for you.

Well done to everyone. I still love this thread :)

Gail x

Hubby paid me some very nice compliments last night :)
He doesn't get to see me naked "nudge nudge" very often! He said that even this amount of weight loss has made a huge difference. That made me smile

I've had a lot of ups and downs on my SW journey. Having joined at the beginning of noevember last year I have had equal amounts of losing weeks as I've had gains/STS.

But today I had a NSV... I tied my shoe laces!

They came undone and without thinking I bent down and tied them.

It was only when I straightend up I realised that just even attempting that kind of bending over before would cut off my circulation and I'd have to have a few deep breaths!

I also used to have to lean againt something so i could lift my foot to meet my hands half way... not today... with both feet firmly on the gorund and my legs straight - I bent right over and tied my shoe laces like there was nothing to it!

Back