NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I have managed 100 sit ups today- I am quite proud of myself :D roll on 10.30am weigh in!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I am sooooo pleased that my NSV thread is still going - you have all done so well and I love reading each and everyone of them - well done!

Who knows, one day, maybe our lovely Mods may even make the thread a sticky.... xxxxx

Having the confidence to get contact lenses. Before I lost weight I thought my big chunky glassers were a great way of hiding my face lol.

Now I like my glassers but love having the option of wearing lenses as well :)

Does avoiding either the blueberry or lemon curd muffins, chocolate brownies and cream chocolate eclairs all day when they are 2 desks away, and being content with a pear from the canteen count ?

If it makes you feel virtuous and empowered then DEFINITELY!!!! Well done!!XXXX

whoo, just went to the loo,
pulled my trousers down - did business - pulled trousers up
washed hands, readjusted self - looked and I am wearing trousers with a button and zip, NOT elasticated ones

YAY :happy036:

I also had a nsv this week was delighted to get into my old 18 trousers that had been tucked in the back of the wardrobe had been wearing 24 and they were looking ridiculous have a wardrobe full of 16 clothes so refuse to buy anything until I can buy 12/14. Hopefully come the summer I can treat myself. Feeling really positive.

I had to adjust the straps on my bra as the cup size was looking too big and had to use the middle hook to fasten instead of the largest

Fat me and Thin me had a fight about going out for a run. Thin me won and now I feel great! Must remember this!
Well done to everyone else, these are so encouraging to hear!

hi, love reading these threads always make me smile. Well, for the 1st time ever i've had to go and by a belt for some trousers, a couple of years ago couldn't even get a belt round me. Best thing is it's a m/l size and was 1/2price at £3:D

Whoo I am down a bra size... Well, sort of!
Was measured today and I'm a 36 DD when I was previously wearing 38 DD (and they were v.snug!) so really think I've lost a little from both areas :) xx

Well done everyone. I also love reading this thread. It's great to see the differences that everyone sees in themselves. Thanks for keeping on posting :)

Gail x

I went to the gym and met with the personal trainer and she took my measurements and this month ALONE, I have lost 4.5cm and a whopping 51.9cm since I started meeting her!!

A couple of parents came over to me at the school gates this afternoon and said are you getting thinner or are we just getting fatter it made me chuckle and made my day really:D

Never really thought about NSVs before but reading this thread her made me realise I do get them sometimes. My hubby has never really commented on my weight loss so far but today he put his arms round me from behind me when I was making his lunch and said oh my god you're wasteing away, I can really tell you've lost weight. I was well chuffed.

Also fit into a pair of jeans the other day that I've not been able to wear for almost 4 years :D

vixmania41999 said:
Never really thought about NSVs before but reading this thread her made me realise I do get them sometimes. My hubby has never really commented on my weight loss so far but today he put his arms round me from behind me when I was making his lunch and said oh my god you're wasteing away, I can really tell you've lost weight. I was well chuffed.

Also fit into a pair of jeans the other day that I've not been able to wear for almost 4 years :D

Wow - I think that's one of the best NSVs I've seen - this is someone who sees you every day... I love it!

Back