NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Thanks hun, I was really shocked too cos he's never really paid any attention to my weight loss before, well not without prompting anyway lol.

I decided to go over to the local charity shop - a Fillymum inspired visit, it has to be said, because I really dont have many clothes in the right size for me now (a 12, yippee!). On the way over, some random lady who I dont know looked at me, gasped, and said "You have lost an incredible amount of weight!!! Well done! You must have worked hard for that!!"

No idea who she is, she must live locally somewhere, but how kind of her to stop and comment. I thanked her nicely, and went on to the charity shop, where I got some jeans, a top that still had its price tag on (£38- I got it for £2) and a cardigan, all in a twelve that fit perfect.

A good days work.

wow awesome thread! well done everyone on their nsv's! someone called me a skinny minny the other day...bonus!! :D

I decided to go over to the local charity shop - a Fillymum inspired visit, it has to be said, because I really dont have many clothes in the right size for me now (a 12, yippee!). On the way over, some random lady who I dont know looked at me, gasped, and said "You have lost an incredible amount of weight!!! Well done! You must have worked hard for that!!"

No idea who she is, she must live locally somewhere, but how kind of her to stop and comment. I thanked her nicely, and went on to the charity shop, where I got some jeans, a top that still had its price tag on (£38- I got it for £2) and a cardigan, all in a twelve that fit perfect.

A good days work.

wow awesome thread! well done everyone on their nsv's! someone called me a skinny minny the other day...bonus!! :D

well done - excellent

Love, love, love this thread! Well done everyone!! Still not a sticky though.... xxx

Some more great nsvs :happy036:
here are my latest.... I thought these were my "biggest pants" but when I checked they were 30s (my biggest were 32s) although you can see a safety pin on these where I bust the popper:eek: -Im now in 18s and 16s :D

ooh and yesterday we went 10 pin bowling, we haven't been for a couple of years when we used to play weekly, we have our own balls, hubby pointed out as I hauled it over my shoulder that mine only weighs 8lbs - so I have actually lost 14 of them so far :eek: -there is no way I could lift that weight :D, and then whilst we were bowling hubby mentioned that I just played and had a laugh, no constantly pulling n tugging at my clothes (trying to keep my fat bits covered)
So all in all a great week so far .. hope everyone has a lovely week and keep the nsvs coming :clap:

I have an interview tomorrow and I'd bought a skirt a few weeks ago in a size 14, tried it on today and it was too big so had to go back and change it for a 12 :D

Also, while I was on the way there picked up a size 10 dress in River Island. It's elasticated so I'm not a proper size 10 but it's soooo good to know I'm getting there.

I used to be a size 26 so size 10 felt impossible. x

took my measurements again today and in total I've lost 22.5 inches so far. I've not measured myself since november so I was really shocked at that, not to mention over the moon! Also I only measure 1 arm and 1 leg so it will actually be more but I don't have a record of my left side lol.

This is a brill thread!

I bought a couple of pairs of flared jeans today in a 16, and they're actually a bit loose! I personally think the sizing is a bit off, but it's good nonetheless :D Shame I took all the tags off them before trying them on :) xx

Well done, everybody! It really is inspirational and helps keeping me on the straight and narrow (oh well, at the moment not quite so narrow to fit through) path.

I ran for four minutes at 6.5mph on the treadmill - I used to need a break after 30 seconds!

I lifted a huge bag of chicken feed and carted it from the car to the store without getting out of breath!!

Well chuffed ! :)

I have an interview tomorrow and I'd bought a skirt a few weeks ago in a size 14, tried it on today and it was too big so had to go back and change it for a 12 :D

Also, while I was on the way there picked up a size 10 dress in River Island. It's elasticated so I'm not a proper size 10 but it's soooo good to know I'm getting there.

I used to be a size 26 so size 10 felt impossible. x
Wow thats a lot of dress sizes! Fantastic (n jealous lol). I was in 24's down to 18's/16's so getting there. You have made me believe i can get to the 12's/ 10's now thanks x

I need to think about my NSV's more cos they count! lol A neighbour in my block of flats commented on my weight loss woohoo! I don't bump into them very often so was well chuffed!
Have already planned to take my 'big' pants( the ones i wore to my first weigh in) into class on Mon to show them all how much i've lost. I will have to try to remember to take pics too!

I bought a pair of trackie bottoms online in a size 12; they arrived and are too loose! Have sent back for a size 10!!

They may not fit as I might be a size 11 - hahahahaha!

Lilleece79 said:
I bought a pair of trackie bottoms online in a size 12; they arrived and are too loose! Have sent back for a size 10!!

They may not fit as I might be a size 11 - hahahahaha!

Haha
that fab. I think im now a Size 9 xx

Back