NSVs - Non Scale Victories

MancBird said:
Might not seem like much, but I tried on a pair of size 16 trousers in Asda on my lunch, and they fit! I've gone down from a 20 to and 18 and now in a 16... couldn't stop smiling!

Think I will buy them tomorrow xxxxxx

Well done Manc Bird,

It might not seem like much to people not on this forum but the people on this forum understand how hard you have worked to get to that point. So claim your NSV and enjoy it and I hope you have plenty more to come.

Thanks to everyone else for posting all the other NSV's - I really love reading them even if I don't comment on every one.

Gail x

This thread is fab. Soooo positive, and a great way of celebrating how well we r doing. Certainly keeps me on track, and makes me want to keep get more nsvs! Thanks for all ur support and well done to everyone for their successes!

I went to a hospital appointment and the Dr asked if I had recently lost any weight I explained that had lost 8.5 stones over 18 months and he was gobsmacked! His jaw dropped and he mocked banging his head on the table in a kind of disbelief and said "You were that big?" It was one of those times that really hit me how much I had lost! Sometimes I feel like banging my head in disbelief too! :D

must buy new jammies was carrying stuff upstairs earlier and ended up with the bottoms falling off half way up the stairs lol I have dropped from a 22 to a size 16 in most things xx

Silly one for you all - I was stripping the bed this morning and normally I would have made the bed up before taking the bedding down to the washing machine (to save on trips downstairs) but cos I'm now so full of beans all the time :D I jollied off to put it in the wash then came back up to make the bed meaning two stair trips.
I did the same with my shoes that needed putting away, I lined them up on the stairs and rather than trying to take them all in one go (and dropping them anyway!) I did two or three little shuttle runs up and down stairs :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

It seems like this is quite a silly one especially as it's about 'bad food' but I decided (due to Dad visiting = nots of nice restaurants) to have Thursday - Sunday completely off - if I wanted a starter or dessert then fine, if we had pizza then fine... and aside from having a yummy few days I realised something - no guilt, no worry on Monday I wouldn't be able to stick to it! I am in control of my choice to eat, I'm ready to accept a gain if that's the way it is.. But more than anything I have never felt so in control of my choices good and bad :D

Befanwi said:
It seems like this is quite a silly one especially as it's about 'bad food' but I decided (due to Dad visiting = nots of nice restaurants) to have Thursday - Sunday completely off - if I wanted a starter or dessert then fine, if we had pizza then fine... and aside from having a yummy few days I realised something - no guilt, no worry on Monday I wouldn't be able to stick to it! I am in control of my choice to eat, I'm ready to accept a gain if that's the way it is.. But more than anything I have never felt so in control of my choices good and bad :D

This is a brilliant nsv! Nothing better than realising that you are in control of your food and not the other way round!

I've just had a new one today! I can paint my toe nails really easy without having to contort into weird shapes to try get round the belly :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Congrats on some awesome NSV's guys it's so inspiring reading this thread, whenever I feel a bit gloomy I look at this to remind myself why I'm doing this!
I even managed a victory myself today I'm wearing some primark size 12 3/4 length jeans :) so ecstatic eeeeeee! Xx

Well done, i don't know if it is just me but i find primark jeans run a bit small so that is extra great!

leighxx said:
I've just had a new one today! I can paint my toe nails really easy without having to contort into weird shapes to try get round the belly :D

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

I had this exact one the other day! :D it's great esp when you don't get outa puff trying! Lol

I have kept to my syns for the last 7 days. Can not remember the last time i have managed this many days of 100% in a row!!! usually weigh in night stuffs things up - even if it is just a little.

x

Since January 2011
Lost 2.5 inches off each thigh
Lost 2 inches off my waist
Lost 1 inch off each calf
Lost 2 inches off my hips
Lost 17lbs in weight

Down 1 clothes size! Blooming great! Loving SW x

I went to a hospital appointment and the Dr asked if I had recently lost any weight I explained that had lost 8.5 stones over 18 months and he was gobsmacked! His jaw dropped and he mocked banging his head on the table in a kind of disbelief and said "You were that big?" It was one of those times that really hit me how much I had lost! Sometimes I feel like banging my head in disbelief too! :D

That is just fantastic!!!

Some more wonderful NSVs on here :D

I decided to revisit my suitcase of summer clothes after despairing a few weeks ago :cry: Well they fit, the shorts I couldn't get up above my bottom now do up and are loose around the waist at the back. The dresses that were hard to get on at all now do up. There is one dress that I tried on that I haven't fitted into since 3 years ago. I am so, so pleased! But even more than that, I am not even slightly tempted to stop now I can fit into them, I am going to keep going and I want them to be loose and baggy by May/June :D

Back