NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Now this is a big Nsv for me...I gave up smoking in february .,..30 a day habit .,..cycled into work today and back total of 16 miles .... there is no way I could if cycled a mile let alone all that ... I'm really proud of myself... Gonna keep it up ...see if it helps my weight loss ....do hope so xxx

Well done Ange7367 that's an amazing feat and you should be proud. :D

Ange7367 said:
Now this is a big Nsv for me...I gave up smoking in february .,..30 a day habit .,..cycled into work today and back total of 16 miles .... there is no way I could if cycled a mile let alone all that ... I'm really proud of myself... Gonna keep it up ...see if it helps my weight loss ....do hope so xxx

Well done! I gave up over a year ago and its only in the last few months i've felt vaguely normal!!

I had to do something as weight is appearing on me from all areas .,, and trying so hard not to go back smoking ... Thx everyone.... Your lovelys xxx

I've just had my last day of uni with the obligatory photos. Rather than trying to hide I stood proud :D And when I got tagged on facebook I didnt go into a frenzy of detagging myself from them. I looked at them with a smile rather than thinking how hideous I looked.

I think I am starting to like the 'new me' :D

I just managed to pull on a pair of jeans I found in the spare room on the "yeah, right!!" pile.. the one with the clothes that I thought "would never fit me in a month of sundays" that Mom sent when I moved out 4 years ago... all of my old clothes that she kept, all stuffed into 3 suitcases.. :)
they are a size 56 and fit wonderfully...
I know that doesn't sound very good, but bear in mind I was wearing a "snug 68" or a "comfy 70" when I started ( the black trousers in my "before" picture.. )..

I was told I looked like I had lost weight at work by one of the managers who did not know I was on a diet.

Well done coljack...it's pretty exciting...I remember that feeling...I was a size 24 about 20 years ago...kept it off ,,.biggest size has been 14 since then.,,but I still remember the thrill of getting smaller sizes :)

Wow ColJack - I haven't seen your posts for a little while and can see from your stats that you've lost more than 100lbs. Well done. You are doing amazingly well. I'm so pleased for you.

Gail x

I've had quite a few "oo haven't you lost weight" comments over the last couple of weeks, so pretty pleased it's finally starting to show. All my tight clothes are now loose too so very happy about that!

TMI warning!! I realised the other day how much easier it was to get to shave my bits as my tummy no longer needs to be shoved out of the way to get down there! :rolleyes:

I posted this on CC's NSV but here it goes:

I met my new boyfriend's best friends a few weeks ago for the first time and once we'd been introduced, his two friends stood up and went to the bar to get the drinks in. I followed after them so that I could offer to pay for the first round, only for me to get to the bar and overhear one of his friends saying to the other "Oh god proud of our dude, she's a f*****g stunner!"

I don't think I'm anywhere near a stunner, but it's nice to think that my bf has gained a few 'dude points' because of me :D

Made my week :D :D xxxx

I posted this on CC's NSV but here it goes:

I met my new boyfriend's best friends a few weeks ago for the first time and once we'd been introduced, his two friends stood up and went to the bar to get the drinks in. I followed after them so that I could offer to pay for the first round, only for me to get to the bar and overhear one of his friends saying to the other "Oh god proud of our dude, she's a f*****g stunner!"

I don't think I'm anywhere near a stunner, but it's nice to think that my bf has gained a few 'dude points' because of me :D

Made my week :D :D xxxx

Lol the things blokes say! I'd be well chuffed with that!

Lol the things blokes say! I'd be well chuffed with that!

I know, like I said, I by no means think I'm anywhere NEAR being a 'stunner' but I was secretly pleased that I'd earned him a little street cred never the less :D

After asking me if I 'feel' like I've lost 21lbs and I said no hubby sez he can see by my face that I've lost weight. Haha, pretty sure it was a compliment :rolleyes:

Good evening all -:happy096: on some great NSVS... I have just put this in my diary -but thougth I would share as Im sooooo :D

excitement -hubby has suggested that we go out next Tuesday evening to celebrate my 1 year SW anniversary :giggle: ... so I have picked a lovely little Italian as its walking distance -A) so hubby can have a drink and B) so I can get a bit of body magic in :sign0151:.
Im sooo happy because when he suggested it my first thought wasn't "oh god -it will break my plan" or "or oh god I have nowt to wear"

Hubby offered to nip in on the way home and get a menu so I could figure out what plan to do that day :angel09: *I knew he listened when I rambled about the plan* :0chacha:
Anyway -I decided to look on line and their menu is on :happy036:-so I translated and have chosen what Im having which means I can plan AND no temptation of looking at the menu ... so I WILL BE HAVING:-

*Pork fillet in a lemon, white wine, rosemary, bay leaf and balsamic sauce served with rosemary potatoes and vegetables

So I have decided it will be a red day and then I only need to syn the white wine, leave the potatoes and then syn any oil etc on the veggies. Im not likely to manage to eat it all, so I doubt a pudding will feature (baring in mind I used to start looking at a menu by going to the sweets first ) and I don't drink -so *by jove I think I have it cracked* :bliss:
ooh and whilst Im getting all excited I skipped off to my wardrobe earlier and had a nosey (now I have things to choose from :faint2: ) and got out a lovely long black dress I got in the sale at xmas and it fits and its a 16 -Im so glad Im going to get to wear it -before its to big -yes, you heard me *before its too big*as I will get into the 14s and below :bunnydance:..
Sorry for rambling but this is probably the first time I have looked forward to going out for something "special"

finally -I have sent for something to mark my "progress" and also in memory of my big sis -so I have chosen this:-
Buy Affirmation Pendant – Take Charge Of Your Life from Pia Jewellery

Keep the NSVs coming folks -they are inspirational -each and every one..

Oh Capricorn - That has to be the bestest NSV I've read! :D
What a completely wonderous day/evening (& even night :lilkiss: :giggle:) you are sure to have :stickdance: And I bet you will look splendiferous in you black dress :banana dancer:
:woohoo: for you!!
BTW that pendant is simply too gorgeous - nice one! ;)
X

Thanks Twinkle -I still have a way to go, but at last I have no doubt at all that I will make it to target :bliss:

By the way -did your "dangle arrive"?

Back