NSVs - Non Scale Victories

I can do a press up! Like a proper, on your toes not knees, proper press up!

Only 1 mind, but its progress!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Every press-up counts. Well done
x

I went to aquafit last night (which in itself is a NSV) and bumped into my old mentor, she could not believe how different my face shape is now, and said that my fat belly has gone too, a bit too honest maybe, but made me feel good all the same! x

I love this thread - it always makes me feel quite emotional. Keep spreading the SW joy you lot!!

Ironed my size 14 black cargo pants, put them on & they promptly fell off.......dont have any size 12's, so dug around in the wardrobe & found an old pair of size 10's from many moons ago &......THEY FIT!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Well done Kim!!! That's awesome. Looking forward to having a similar NSV like that myself :D

Yesterday I had a meeting with one of my uni tutors about my dissertation, and as soon as I sat down she exclaimed "You're looking thin, are you ok?" I said I was fine and had been trying to lose weight, and she said "Oh good," then said "Oh no, I'm sure one of the top rules of teaching is that you shouldn't make comments on students' weight!" I said that if she wanted to tell me I looked thin she could make all the comments she wanted! It felt great.

Also I saw my dad on Tuesday, I normally see my parents quite a lot but for some reason I've not seen him for about a month probably. After he saw me he apparently called my mum and said "She looks like she's lost quite a bit of weight, is she ok?" My mum, who I tend to ring up after every WI, asured him that I was fine and had just been doing really well on SW!

It's been a good week for me :)

I bought a dress last year and I havent been able to wear it as its to small well WAS to small because now it fits woop woop

xxxx

Size 16. Oh yes, oh yes. It's been a good ten years since we last met.

My skin is looking a lot healthier & i actually have a chin!!! *shocking* lol

This is one of my favourite threads to read. It's amazing to see so many people changing before our eyes!

I now fit into two size 10 dresses I couldn't zip up before Christmas! With room to spare! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My size 14 topshop skinny jeans that I posted in this thread about being able to get into - now they're loose! Not baggy or owt, but definitely not tight and I'd feel weird wearing them without a belt!

Great NSVs everyone :happy096:

Well after a successful night out at the Italian for my SW 1 year anniversary on Tuesday -where I had 2 courses and only used 2 syns :giggle: -and felt a million dollars in my size 16 long evening dress :bunnydance: - tomorrow Im having my first attempt at jogging :giggle: -the NSV bit is that we are going to the lakes -a really popular place for runners, cyclists and skaters -and I don't actually give a monkeys doo daa what anyone thinks :rotflmao: -I WILL look a site but I have to start somewhere (and the plus point is that if anyone says anything it will be in German -so I won't know :p- now IF I can actually jog that will be a serious NSV :p

Good luck Capricorn, I used to love running.
I'm getting my bicycle out on sunday. hope I don't flatten the tyres, :giggle:

they don't really do bikes for people my size..
I'd love to go out riding.. :(
ah well I'll have to settle for walking a shorter distance in a longer time... ( it hurts to run at the moment, they don't do whole body jogging "bra's" to strap down all the jiggly bits.. :) )

I suppose I could get one custom made, but then I'd have to try and sell it on when I get lighter and can have a lighter bike..

Good morning all -sorry but I have just copied this over from my diary as Im soooo :bliss:

Well I have only been n done it -I have been Jogging .... I strapped myself into my sports bra :p, threw on my black running leggings, and my lycra ridden sports top (one of those that removes moisture non the less) -scraped up my hair and strode out into the world -I NEVER leave the house with my hair tied up let alone in that get up -but do you know what ? the world didn't stop turning -so come on folks WE CAN DO THIS
Now then -obviously we didn't jog all the way but I was suprised how well I did -and hubby did point out that often I was running and not jogging :D
here is where we go and normally it takes about an hour to tootle around it ... today we took 30mins

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

In the bottom right corner where it says Johannistal -thats the car park -we went clockwise (I can only go clockwise around places ) -All the way to where it says "seekrug" we cross the line bridge there (that cuts that sticky out bit off) -then we carry on around the curv -but go a bit higher up through the woodland paths and then cut the sticky up ear bit off and then back onto the path and back to the carpark -hubby reckons its abou 3-4km ... what I did was run from certain points to point -so next time I go I have something to measure by and we took the detours so that even when I was walking it was up steeper bits than if we stayed on the main path , and I also ran up some hills
Most suprisingly there was no gasping, not a single ache or anything - just need to learn how to breath more efficiently -although for now - just breathing is fine by me
I have seriously blown myself away -never in a month of Sundays did I expect to ever jog anywhere

Twinkletoes -I haven't got a bike YET as it is so hilly around where we live that I would be forever on and off it :p -hope you have a lovely time and blow aways the cobwebs
Coljack -with how well you are doing I bet it won't be long before you can get a bike :clap:. Out here it is quite good as they have much sturdier bikes as just about everyone rides 1 -and they are functional if that makes sense...

Keep all the NSVs coming folks they really are inspirational :D
Have a lovely day ...

Capricorn - :0clapper: :winner: :wee: & :party0019: to you!! That is just totally awesome. Well done you for grabbing the world by the drawstring & going for it. How often are you going to be out & about?
I am, I have to say, not just a little bit jealous. I used to do a lot of road running and used to loveit loveit, but knees have given out & walking is my only speed now :rolleyes: so am hoping cycling is the low impact exercise it's meant to be :fingerscrossed:
Also hoping that the more weight I lose & the exercise I'm hoping to get the 'get up & go' to do will strengthen the muscles around the knees, so who knows eh? I could be at least speed walking :D

Back