NSVs - Non Scale Victories

Today I went into town wearing the size 18 trousers I had to buy for xmas (cos my 16's were all too tight) and only wore twice cos they "shrunk in the wash". ;)

Had to take them off as soon as I got home cos they were literally dropping down showing all my hips . . . . . not a pretty site really even though they are now size 16 hips. lol

A lady at work today told me I looked fabulous :D

I also looked in the mirror at my aerobics class today and didn't feel ginormous - success! I'm nowhere near target, but I can definitely see the change in myself already.

A lady at work today told me I looked fabulous :D

I also looked in the mirror at my aerobics class today and didn't feel ginormous - success! I'm nowhere near target, but I can definitely see the change in myself already.

If you think about it, you're almost halfway there :) Hope the wonderful feeling continues! If you don't feel so great one day, get yourself down to the aerobics class again - those mirrors are magic :D xxx

My nsv is I completed the first session of c25k today! Killed me but was worth it :) only the beginning but i did it all the same. also my boyfriend has told me my hips and bum have shrunk a bit which is good! Feeling very positive about it all today :)

I really love this thread. I've got 2 today. One is a guy at the gym keeps calling me skinny! Two is I'm going to pick up my daughter from preschool in shorts! This is a massive thing to me because a year ago I was wearing tents and my legs were only on display in baths/ showers :)

I really love this thread. I've got 2 today. One is a guy at the gym keeps calling me skinny! Two is I'm going to pick up my daughter from preschool in shorts! This is a massive thing to me because a year ago I was wearing tents and my legs were only on display in baths/ showers :)

That's cause you are skinny! :D You've come such a long way in such a short space of time, just think back to how rotten you felt this time last year and how glad you are you took charge :)

Ooooh, shorts :p whistle for a hottie :p xxx

Have a pair of jeans on today that before i started SW i couldn't get into as they were too tight!

10st10lbs said:
That's cause you are skinny! :D You've come such a long way in such a short space of time, just think back to how rotten you felt this time last year and how glad you are you took charge :)

Ooooh, shorts :p whistle for a hottie :p xxx

Thank you :) well I did it and no one ran away screaming and shielding their eyes! Must admit it was weird feeling the wind on my legs lol

I tried on a beautiful size 16 suit at lunchtime in Next, as I am desperate for new work clothes (all the ones I have are black, size 18 and 20 and are hanging off me).

It fitted. I felt fantastic.

Shame I couldn't afford it! LOL! xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Have a pair of jeans on today that before i started SW i couldn't get into as they were too tight!

And i've just discovered i can actually get them off without undoing the button!! Thats mad as i've only lost 11lbs!! (super happy bunny!)

Great NSVs as always folks :happy096:

Well after my successful 1st attempt at jogging on Saturday -I dragged hubby out yesterday morning :bliss: -this time rather than drive to the lake I suggested we go to the route we sometimes walk that is right on our doorstep -so in full on sports bra, leggings and lycra ridden tee shirt I merrily strode through our streets :giggle: -Im sure there may have been folks opening their curtains who saw me and were tempted to close them again :rotflmao: -but I didn't care :bliss:. The jog ended up being cross country -up the sides of fields, allotments and through woodland trails -It was brilliant :D
oooh and this afternoon I put on my shred DVD again -I haven't done it for a week or so as I have been chopping n changing to keep my body guessing -anyway I put it on and I whizzed through it :bliss: -Im still on level 1 mind -but it was great..

oooh ooh and lastly (I promise) yesterday I got out the wii fit game for the first time in yonks -so much so that Im 1st 12lb lighter than last time I used it :p -and my balance has gone from 65% -to 100% :D and I did the jog thingy and got 100% on that too ...my wii fit age came out at 21 (Im 39) now I know its not accurate -but its an improvement :party0011:
So all in all so far this week is a very :D one..

Hope everyone is having a good week....

well done capricorn thats fantastic!!!!

CAPRICORN said:

Well after my successful 1st attempt at jogging on Saturday -I dragged hubby out yesterday morning :bliss: -this time rather than drive to the lake I suggested we go to the route we sometimes walk that is right on our doorstep -so in full on sports bra, leggings and lycra ridden tee shirt I merrily strode through our streets :giggle: -Im sure there may have been folks opening their curtains who saw me and were tempted to close them again :rotflmao: -but I didn't care :bliss:. The jog ended up being cross country -up the sides of fields, allotments and through woodland trails -It was brilliant :D
oooh and this afternoon I put on my shred DVD again -I haven't done it for a week or so as I have been chopping n changing to keep my body guessing -anyway I put it on and I whizzed through it :bliss: -Im still on level 1 mind -but it was great..

oooh ooh and lastly (I promise) yesterday I got out the wii fit game for the first time in yonks -so much so that Im 1st 12lb lighter than last time I used it :p -and my balance has gone from 65% -to 100% :D and I did the jog thingy and got 100% on that too ...my wii fit age came out at 21 (Im 39) now I know its not accurate -but its an improvement :party0011:

3 NSV's this week & its only tuesday! You're putting the rest if us to shame! Well done

Well done Capricorn, that's a really great lot of body magic :D
As Kingleds said, your putting us all to shame :jelous: :p but good things come to those that wait and it's obviously your turn for the good stuff :D
Would love a wii fit. Maybe that'l have to go onto the (dare I say it?) christmas (sorry, but I did whisper it) wish list ;)

Thanks folks :D

Don't worry Twinkle -Im already thinking about xmas too ;) its my 40th in December and I plan on being at target by then (or as near as damn it) :cross:. I think I have hit a point in my journey now where I KNOW Im going to make it :party0011: -will be the first time EVER :gimi:. Im not sure what has happened but I seem to have found a "zone" where I realised that I may as well give it some welly -hence the extra exercise ;)
Keep at it everyone -we are getting there :D

Thanks folks :D

Don't worry Twinkle -Im already thinking about xmas too ;) its my 40th in December and I plan on being at target by then (or as near as damn it) :cross:. I think I have hit a point in my journey now where I KNOW Im going to make it :party0011: -will be the first time EVER :gimi:. Im not sure what has happened but I seem to have found a "zone" where I realised that I may as well give it some welly -hence the extra exercise ;)
Keep at it everyone -we are getting there :D

I'm really happy for you, and anyone else that gets into the "zone" where it all seems so clear. Gosh, I'll never see 40 again :giggle: By the time your my age I bet you'l be running marathons too :D

Movie night with my girls last night & i wasn't even tempted by the pringles and aero bubbles! I sat there quite happily munching on my chicken salad - didn't feel deprived or hacked off about it either......something has changed in my head thats making this 'diet' a part of my life, not just something i'm doing to lose weight!
I've never had a healthy relationship with food, when i was a teenager i was practically anorexic & lived on an apple a day and exercised constantly. Then i started gaining weight and that led to a binge cycle and eventually i became bulimic. When i fell pregnant with my first baby 10 years ago (OMG!! lol) the purging stopped but i still had a tendancy to be all or nothing around food. I started councelling a month ago - just after starting SW and decided i needed to attempt to find a healthy middle ground with food - i think i may have found it!! *does happy dance*

Was just cleaning my teeth and getting washed and noticed in the mirror I've only got one chin now :D
Even when I was trying to make it s double chin there was only a small one!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back